TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: GOG question

GOG question

Hey all,until a few days ago I had the old cd version of all the thief games patched up and running fine,but my system decided to die on me!! I have a spanky new one on order.
    I am thinking of buying the collection through GOG,does anyone know if it is patched up and ready to run right after install? Or would be better to get a cheap external cd drive and install my old disc version and patch them up?

Zombified
    the GOG version is good to go if you don't care about mods and fixed resources. if you do, then you will be using TFix full anyway, and the patcher doesn't really care what Thief install you have, will munch through it and spit out the same patched build either way.

Thanks voodoo47,I'm not fussed on mods,just to get each version running stable is all I'm after! Once I am back up and running,I'll go in for all three,

Zombified
    you definitely will need the Sneaky Upgrade for Thief3, no way around that.

I thought as much,not too worried about that,I wasn't a fan of thief 3,long as gold and 2 runs without any faffing I'm happy

Didn't know where to post this, so this thread should suffice.

GOG has Thief Gold, Thief II, and Thief III on sale this weekend for $0.97 each. 3 bucks for all if anyone is in need of any of them.