TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Help! Playing Morrowind for the first time

Help! Playing Morrowind for the first time

Just got the Game of the Year Edition from Amazon. I'm finally ready to make up for all the years of missing out on this gem. Needless to say I'm super excited . So I wondered if any longtime players could suggest the most essential mod(s) for me, complete Morrowind noob, to install on top of the two expansions, to make the game even more epic. Will start installing this monster of a game tomorrow so any suggestions would be much appreciated.

ok, first of all you must find and install "Morrowind Essencial Enhancements", a pack of 10 mods to enhance graphicaly your game(better clothes, better bodies, patch 1.6, graphics extender, better beasts, ...) .....then some race mods, if you dont like the 10 avaiable....some texture replacers, like better almalexia, darker dagoth ur, dagoth ur voice, etc....then some clothing mods, there are more than many arround.....and if you like, some quest mods for more entertainment for when you complete the 3 main quests! I reccomend The black mill, illuminated order, daedric scorcery, etc....there is a older topic here about recomended quest mods and I published there lots of them...

Essentials

Well, newmorowinder, I don't think you can say whether you like the races when you haven't played the game yet. And alternate quest mods are even farther in the distance for a new player. I once ran into this thread and that's a useful one (just referring to the first post). There are so many mods around that you don't really want to start investigating other mods until you've played the game, I would imagine.

The only one I might recommend is the one that turns off hostile wildlife. Or get used to those goddamned cliffracers harassing you anywhere and everywhere you travel on foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrime View Post
    The only one I might recommend is the one that turns off hostile wildlife. Or get used to those goddamned cliffracers harassing you anywhere and everywhere you travel on foot.
    That makes travelling a little boring, and levelling more difficult. Just make sure you've always got some form of invisibilty with you.

Honestly I wouldn't install any mods, or even the expansions, for the first playthrough. Afterward you can install the expansions, then decide what you want to make better and look for mods.

You could always download the mods that I made for it. Here they are:
    Ald Velothi Fast Travel
    Armored Skeletons Gone Wild
    Dwemer Headache Fix
    MTT4 Necromantic Tweak
    Propylon Guild Guides
    Random Skulls
    Santa Hat

I really, really, really, really like this mod and this mod.

Oh, and don't forget to grab the official plugins from Bethesda's site here. They're free.

Unless you've got the attention span of a goldfish, you can replay the game a good half-dozen times to try out various different character types and roleplaying strategies, then install a mod or three and play it again. It's that kind of game.