TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Oblivion GOTY Edition

Oblivion GOTY Edition

I don't usually frequent these boards much, so I'm not sure whether this has been posted before, but here goes anyway:

Oblivion GOTY Edition unveiled.

Was there anyone who didn't see this one coming?

is Best Pony
    Er, given that they did the same for Morrowind, not really, no.

I was hoping that Bethesda would release a second full expansion. Unfortunately, I see this isn't the case. They most likely won't release one after a GOTY edition. *sighs* Too bad. SI was so good. KotN really... wasn't much of an expansion.

Still. The Tamriel Rebuilt team is working on Hammerfell and I'm pretty sure they'll complete it.

(This time).

Considering Purchasing GOTY Edition

I'm considering purchasing a copy of the GOTY, although I already own the original Oblivion from 2006. I wouldn't mind getting the expansion packs, but to buy them separetely is a little more money out of pocket. However, from reading reviews about securom on Amazon (which is where I would buy the game) I hesitate to buy the GOTY.

So this is where you guys come in. Does anyone own the GOTY and regret purchasing it? That is, should I just buy the expansions individually, especially considering I already own the original game?

I bought OB-GOTY a couple years ago and have never regretted it. I actually used my original Oblivion copy as a trade-in credit. Loved the expansions & TES Construction Set.

Although, now that I think about it, two years of my life seem to have gone by in a blink and all I can remember is playing Oblivion and working with the Construction Set.

Definitely worth it though imo.

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    I'm considering purchasing a copy of the GOTY, although I already own the original Oblivion from 2006. I wouldn't mind getting the expansion packs, but to buy them separetely is a little more money out of pocket. However, from reading reviews about securom on Amazon (which is where I would buy the game) I hesitate to buy the GOTY.

So this is where you guys come in. Does anyone own the GOTY and regret purchasing it? That is, should I just buy the expansions individually, especially considering I already own the original game?
    I bought both. I use the GotY when I re-install, and it is fine. I found the Goty for like $20 packaged with Fallout 3, and gave the Fallout 3 to a buddy. Enjoy, it is a truly awesome game. I played it on day one and loved it just as much as a modded GotY copy.

I bought Oblivion GOTY more than two years ago and quickly ran into a SecuROM (or whatever copy protection was on that disc) issue. The DVD-ROM drive I used had the nasty habit of scratching the DVD. Thus it was less than a year after I bought the GOTY edition when first hints of the DVD becoming unreadable began to crop up. A simple copy of the DVD was useless since the game detected that it was not the original disc.

However, the internet solved this problem. And I'm not going to elaborate more on that here.