TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314
Results 326 to 349 of 349

Thread: T2 Campaign - Keeper of Infinity 2: Mission 2 - Raven's Nest (6 Jan 2016)

  1. #326
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2004
    Location: Germany
    Dafydd, the blocked door cannot be used, but going through the windows is what you must do now.

    Do you remember what Flik said when you got the objective to obtain Penny's dagger? He said something about someone named Hans, and that his door was securerly locked, while an attic window could be opened.

    Hans' house is the one on the side with the blocked passage and next to the large hole at the end of the street before the "Stumbled Traveler Inn". If you go around that house, you will see that the door cannot be opened (can't even be frobbed), but there are some large crates behind the house. Ideal for climbing up.

    Once you climbed the crates, you have to place a rope arrow in the wooden beam above the window, then climb up and pick the lock. Inside, you will find another window that can be opened, and once you look out of it, you may see another target for a rope arrow, very high up on the city wall. I think you can then guess what the next step will be.

  2. #327
    Ghost
    Registered: Aug 2003
    baeuchlein,

    Thanks, I got pretty far since that hint. But now I'm stopped again...

    I talked twice to Flik, retrieved the dagger from Penny's Pub, got the inventory of new things to steal so that Flik will show me the way back to the forest.

    I have the keys to the portcullis, but I have no idea where to use them. I couldn't find a lock on the street where the Stumbled Traveler sits, nor could I find a portcullis in the zombie area. I know I have to get into the ritzy part of the city, to get the mask, the precurser dagger, and the other two. But how? Where?

    Thanks,

    Dafydd

  3. #328
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: CT, USA
    Go over by the blocked science bldg, where the three guards are, and a little past near where the covered wagon is...........

  4. #329
    Ghost
    Registered: Aug 2003
    Can somebody please, in a non-cryptic way, tell me straightforwardly where the friggin' key to the book dome is?

    I'm about two minutes away from dropping this mission. It's neither intriguing nor even fun anymore.

    I'm tired of running back and forth to Flik and Manu to be bled and mocked. I'm tired of the obscure, so-called "clues." I'm tired of knights in full jousting armor clanking around the streets. I'm tired of never having the slightest idea what I'm supposed to do next.

    I'm tired of spending more time reading the thread than playing the game.

    But was this mission actually intended to be played? Or just... admired?

  5. #330
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2004
    Location: Germany
    Dafydd, the key to the dome is not far from what it opens.

    The owner guards it even in his sleep. If you jump onto his bed (no, he will not wake up from that), you can find a keyring between the bed and the wall, close to one of the owner's hands. This keyring opens the glass dome.

    Recommendation: Before you pick up what's inside the dome, retrieve your rope arrows. Saves you yet another trip to the house in order to pick up the arrows.

  6. #331
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: CT, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    Recommendation: Before you pick up what's inside the dome, retrieve your rope arrows. Saves you yet another trip to the house in order to pick up the arrows.
    I finished with 7 rope arrows, retrieving all except the one at Hans' place which can't be. In earlier versions you didn't teleport when you took the book and could retrieve them afterwards before leaving. I believe 8 is the most you can carry over from Part 1 after converting all the spare arrows.

  7. #332
    Ghost
    Registered: Aug 2003
    baeuchlein,

    Thanks, got the book!

    But I'm way, way short of the loot requirements, and I really don't need to finish this mission now. Maybe some other time.

    Cheers,

    Dafydd

  8. #333
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2009
    Location: thiefgold.com
    Holy taff, this campaign was quite the ride!

    Is there a loot list anywhere (for both missions)? In each one, I'm missing 3000-4000 loot. I played on Taffer difficulty, is there a lot of loot that's unattainable in this one? (the wine area in mission 1 is inaccessible in this difficulty, so I'm wondering if that's what it is)

  9. #334
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2012
    Location: Moscow, Russia
    Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Ah ok, I guess there's limits to how much loot you can get depending on the difficulty. I got it working in Dromed (thanks!), and there's an area that's not accessible in this difficulty with some extra loot (the wine depot). Will have to replay this in another difficulty
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147316

  10. #335
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2009
    Location: thiefgold.com
    Thanks!

  11. #336
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2004

    cant climb on anything

    I cant climb on anything! I really dont know whats wrong! I do have 1.25 ver

  12. #337
    Member
    Registered: May 2017
    Location: USA
    Other missions work fine? Is NewMantle enabled?

  13. #338
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2004

    CANT TELEPORT BACK

    cant get back into the library after getting spider acid like soul tear in walthrough. do i need to update the scripts? You cant just walk back in from town you gotta teleport right?

  14. #339
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2004
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Orfeus21 View Post
    cant get back into the library after getting spider acid like soul tear in walthrough. do i need to update the scripts? You cant just walk back in from town you gotta teleport right?
    When you have obtained the spider acid, but did not use it yet, you should be able to get back into the library the way you got in before: Approach the appropriate spot in the city, and the screen should fade to black, and when the lights go on again, you should be standing in the library once again. If that does not happen, although you have not used the acid yet, then something is wrong. No idea whether it's anything with the scripts, though.

    And while we're at it... are you still unable to climb in the mission?

    By the way, do you know which version of the mission you're playing? v1.6 should be the last one published.

  15. #340
    Member
    Registered: May 2002
    Location: Texas
    I'm stuck. I'm at the point where I bought the hacksaw, but since my only rope arrow was used on the wood plank above the bar window, I have no rope arrows to get back over the stool fence. Are there more rope arrows?

  16. #341
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2004
    Location: Germany
    I have played that part of mission 2 again, and I have not found a single rope arrow until the point where Garrett recognizes his way is blocked and he has to return to Flik again. You can either play the end of the first mission again and find or create (!) some more rope arrows (two at least seem to be needed in the beginning of mission 2), or you may restart mission 2 only, which should give Garrett some starting equipment, including five rope arrows.

    Neither Ricebug's walkthru nor my notes for the campaign say anything about where to find rope arrows in the beginning part of the second mission.

  17. #342
    Member
    Registered: May 2002
    Location: Texas
    Thank you Baeuchlein! I was able to frob the bar from the opposite window without needed a rope arrow, so I was able to go back to the pawn shop. I was able to play through the entire mission 2 with only one rope arrow, although two were needed at one of the balconies. I managed to get more purses and then I purchased another rope arrow.

    I'm going to call it "finished" because I've completed all of the objectives except for the loot objective, and all I need is 190 in gems. I'm thinking the gem from the beast will be enough, however the beast fell into the water and there's no chance of killing it.

  18. #343
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2004
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    Thank you Baeuchlein! I was able to frob the bar from the opposite window without needed a rope arrow, so I was able to go back to the pawn shop. I was able to play through the entire mission 2 with only one rope arrow, although two were needed at one of the balconies. I managed to get more purses and then I purchased another rope arrow.

    I'm going to call it "finished" because I've completed all of the objectives except for the loot objective, and all I need is 190 in gems. I'm thinking the gem from the beast will be enough, however the beast fell into the water and there's no chance of killing it.
    Oh, there may yet be a chance to kill it. Usually, the beast gets stuck somewhere near a very deep spot. This spot is the T-junction located further away from the generator in this section. Prepare everything for the beast's demise (meaning you place the frogbeast on the spider), then save your game and jump into the water near the beast. If possible, use the deepest spot; I think it's the intersection of the channels there. When you swim back to the surface, the beast may have been teleported to the channel walkways once again.

    Travel through the channel towards the generator near the other T-junction, then save your game again in a different save slot. Cross your fingers if you wish, then climb out of the water and run like hell towards the other end of the sewers. Once you have reached the ladder and climbed up, the beast can't reach you anymore. If it has chased you to this very spot, climb out and hide somewhere until the beast gives up and moves away again. Anyway, once you're safe again, you can go back carefully and have a look at what may have happened in the sewers.
    Sooner or later, something fit for a splatter movie should occur, but hopefully while you're not too close.

  19. #344
    Member
    Registered: May 2002
    Location: Texas
    Ok I'll try that method and see what happens. Thanks baeuchlein!

    Edit: The beast got melted by the spider but the spider died at the same time. That gem was enough to satisfy the loot objective.
    Last edited by john9818a; 24th Jun 2018 at 12:55.

  20. #345
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2004
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    Edit: The beast got melted by the spider but the spider died at the same time.
    Not only these two perished, but the frog as well. This was intended, however. I know of no other way to destroy the beast and get the gem. And if you know where to look, there's also another little "reward" for doing this in the mission.

  21. #346
    Member
    Registered: May 2002
    Location: Texas
    I'll have to go look for the other reward. In the YouTube video the spider attacked the beast from a distance and survived, but it doesn't really matter though.

  22. #347
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2007
    Location: Cragscleft, Bedfordshire, Eng.
    I'm very sorry, but despite the wonderful atmosphere and story, this is a mission that for me is unplayable.
    Few clues about what to do & how to do it, or where places are. I've attempted this from the start twice and had two separate problems.
    1. No portcullis key after retrieving the dagger, just goes back to Flik's initial conversation after handing him what he asked for. He asks for it again!
    2. Spent all my cash with out warning that I would need some later on, rendering it unfinishable.

    The idea that things only become frobable after you have completed certain actions is a flawed one. I have attempted to get to places and reached seemingly a dead end. Why then would I think to try everywhere again after each action to see if something had now become frobable? A better solution is to provide a key at the appropriate point in the mission.

    Another problem occurs as a result of some of the lengthy (textual) conversations. The player often receives a request to do or get something early in the conversation. This is not received as an actual objective until all the conversation has been 'listened' to. Sometimes it is not easy to know how many times to click on a character before you reach the end. Several times I have gone away early, believing I have been given a new task, but it has not been added to my list. I appreciate I am a little impatient at times, wanting to get on with the action, but surely the character's request and 'new objective' should be simulaneous?

  23. #348
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2012
    Location: Moscow, Russia
    Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    1. No portcullis key after retrieving the dagger, just goes back to Flik's initial conversation after handing him what he asked for. He asks for it again!
    Use the save file from !Save folder. It is in the archive with the campaign.

    2. Spent all my cash with out warning that I would need some later on, rendering it unfinishable.
    As I recall, in the city you can find more money to buy a quest item.

  24. #349
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2012
    Location: Moscow, Russia
    Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    The idea that things only become frobable after you have completed certain actions is a flawed one. I have attempted to get to places and reached seemingly a dead end. Why then would I think to try everywhere again after each action to see if something had now become frobable? A better solution is to provide a key at the appropriate point in the mission.

    Another problem occurs as a result of some of the lengthy (textual) conversations. The player often receives a request to do or get something early in the conversation. This is not received as an actual objective until all the conversation has been 'listened' to. Sometimes it is not easy to know how many times to click on a character before you reach the end. Several times I have gone away early, believing I have been given a new task, but it has not been added to my list. I appreciate I am a little impatient at times, wanting to get on with the action, but surely the character's request and 'new objective' should be simulaneous?
    Everything you noted has already been fixed, modified, improved. For example, there is no longer any need to listen to the guards' conversation. Also can get this goal if steal an order from a sergeant patrolling near the inn. The stool initially frobable.
    Also do not need to go back to the pawnshop to buy a hacksaw, the player will be teleported there. Fixed the first mission bugs. In some places the gameplay has been changed and much more things.
    I will release a new version along with the Dark Forest.
    The Dark Forest will also be released as a standalone mission.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •