TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Thief Deadly Shadows : no ingame sound

Thief Deadly Shadows : no ingame sound

I've recently bought the Thief collection ; both thief 1 and 2 have no problems with sound but in thief 3 I have only the opening film/startup music and sounds but ingame I have no sound at all...

Running on windows xp sp2 and using a Audigy 2 with latest drivers.

Can anyone help please ?

Same as you but my sound is Real'tek Audio 97

Try turning down the audio hardware acceleration a notch in the control panel under sounds, speaker settings, advanced. That works with some games at least, and it can't hurt to try.

I've tried that already , but still no ingame sound.I've got about 60 retail games all installed and thief 3 is the only one with no ingame sound.

It's all the way down to Emulation Only and still no effect? Hm.
    You could try using kXproject drivers, but again, there's no guarantee this will work. I installed them to prevent a Splinter Cell bug where it would throw incredibly loud static in the audio channel if you shot a wall accidentally (sometimes it even did it randomly). Oh, and check if it'll work with your type of sound card before installing it.

My 1st loading screen right after the logo intros only loads up to 1/2 is that the problem???

Have you tried reinstalling? Are you using a no-cd/dvd patch with a minimal install? Because that just sounds like you're missing the sound files.

EDIT - oh you fixed it
    Last edited by Jeshibu; 21st Jul 2007 at 17:48.

Yes, well I am using a noCD/DVD patch, lolz

I've tried reinstalling and it's a patched full install , no warez or no dvd patch.

Thief is the only game that i've got installed with sound problems , the eidos movie and the other opening movies have got sound , once ingame there is no music and sound effects.Its like thief 3 becomes muted.

Dong

hammerite protect metal

ok
    User was banned by Gingerbread Man on 23-7-2007
    Last edited by Gingerbread Man; 23rd Jul 2007 at 16:08. Reason: wtf

Quote Originally Posted by robi568 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYuIeufKoeo
    check this out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    I've tried reinstalling and it's a patched full install , no warez or no dvd patch.

Thief is the only game that i've got installed with sound problems , the eidos movie and the other opening movies have got sound , once ingame there is no music and sound effects.Its like thief 3 becomes muted.
    Well, you could try kXproject drivers, but other than that I wouldn't know either. It sounds like the sound files are missing or corrupt or something, but then it most likely would've given you a warning during the install. I assume your disc has no scratches?
    Oh, and there's nothing wrong with a no-dvd patch (although the admins would probably disagree with me here), but you've just got to remember to do a full install if you use one.

No scratches , they are brand new , i've purchased the thief collection a couple of days ago in a mediamarket for 10 € (dark project , metal age and deadly shadows in 1 dvd box).

I've had the same problem with Thief: DS and Deus Ex: IW and it turned out that my anti-virus (NOD 32) was causing it. So I just disabled some of it's features. You could try that.

I also use NOD 32

Can you tell me please what exactly that u did or what features you've disabled ?

I also would like to know.

Can't remember what I did exactly, but go into NOD32 Control Center (right clicking on icon next to clock) and try turning off some of the modules (AMON, DMON, EMON and IMON). Don't remember if you need to turn off all of them or maybe one or two.

And sorry for replaying this late, haven't been here for a week.

What worked for me

Hello.ehhe.AA.It's been a long time since the last recorded reply to this post.Anyway,I had exactly the same problem,I bought a legit version of thief deadly shadows from steam and I found out that there was no ingame sound effects or music.I think that what fixed the problem was that I unchecked the box that says ''audio hardware mixing'' or something like that in the ingame settings in the sound or audio section.I actually think that before beginning to play the game I tampered with the settings with the intention of maximising everything and I must have enabled ''audio hardware mixing'' somehow.With that disabled,the sound effects and the music are present.
    I have a windows 7 Operating System.

necrorecord? 14 years...

HW mixing if for WinXP-era drivers. To use it with Win7/Win8/Win10 you need indirectsound ( https://www.indirectsound.com/ ) or DSOAL ( http://vaporeon.io/hosted/dsoal-builds/dsoal-r418a.7z )
    DSOAL re-enables EAX too.

Just remember this: https://www.indirectsound.com/registryIssues.html

Sneaky Upgrader
    Would it make sense to bundle DSOAL with the Sneaky Upgrade, similarly to how the d3d8to9 dll is provided?

There's the problem of the configuration file (one configuration for all the possible systems).
    AND the registry issue.....(it's related to the very use of "dsound.dll" DLL )