TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: What FM should we cover in the near future?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Art of Thievery suggested by Galaer

3 18.75%
  • Calendras Legacy suggested by punkey brunster

9 56.25%
  • FMs by AsyluM suggested by Independent Thief

4 25.00%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112

Thread: ThiefPodcast - New Episode - Art Behind Thief f. Daniel Thron, Dominus&Skacky

Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    Even if I wasn't a thief nut I would have really enjoyed this episode. Very inspiring topic in general and loved hearing the tips. Great guest line up all the way. Wow!
    Thank you, yeah Dominuz and Skacky were a perfect fit and I'm really happy it happened as it did. This gave me an enormous push and a bit more selfesteem to get in contact with more of those personalities like Daniel...so I will not promise anything...but fingers crossed for other guests like him. But I want to point out that I always appreciate our Community guests the same way....like fm authors etc. I think we can all see why guests like Stephen and Daniel have some kind of stardust on them, but I think the authors and special-play-style-people etc. are always the salt in the soup I'm a bit afraid that thos big impact guests make the other episode appear a bit "lame" to some people in comparison, after stephen russell the numbers and reaction went down a bit, maybe was a coincidence (holiday season and the missions haven't been rated as classics at that time but I hope that we don't fire back at ourself with those big names on the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Supremcee View Post
    Thank you, yeah Dominuz and Skacky were a perfect fit and I'm really happy it happened as it did. This gave me an enormous push and a bit more selfesteem to get in contact with more of those personalities like Daniel...so I will not promise anything...but fingers crossed for other guests like him. But I want to point out that I always appreciate our Community guests the same way....like fm authors etc. I think we can all see why guests like Stephen and Daniel have some kind of stardust on them, but I think the authors and special-play-style-people etc. are always the salt in the soup I'm a bit afraid that thos big impact guests make the other episode appear a bit "lame" to some people in comparison, after stephen russell the numbers and reaction went down a bit, maybe was a coincidence (holiday season and the missions haven't been rated as classics at that time but I hope that we don't fire back at ourself with those big names on the long term.
    It is to be expected, because those guests can bring people out of the woodwork. It appeals to the industry abroad as well. I wouldn't call any FM author episodes lame at all, whether you get those numbers with the former names mentioned or not, it is very fascinating to get to know the person behind the work. Especially for my own asperations in FM building, when they comment on design choises. Or if I'm a fan of the FM, what could have been when they mention cuts.

As well, it is a huge treat to have anything Thief1/2 related come out this many years after the game. I feel like we just keep winning in this regard. I like to remind myself how nuts it is that we keep getting new FMs. If there is also a episode of a podcast to discuss them, and classic FMs, that's like... the maw plumb on top of it all.

That said I know all good things come to an end, just keep doing all thief related things so long as you're still having fun. And btw I like your regulars too, they are good stand-ins for us who also love and approach thief differently.

It is to be expected, because those guests can bring people out of the woodwork. It appeals to the industry abroad as well. I wouldn't call any FM author episodes lame at all, whether you get those numbers with the former names mentioned or not, it is very fascinating to get to know the person behind the work. Especially for my own asperations in FM building, when they comment on design choises. Or if I'm a fan of the FM, what could have been when they mention cuts.

As well, it is a huge treat to have anything Thief1/2 related come out this many years after the game. I feel like we just keep winning in this regard. I like to remind myself how nuts it is that we keep getting new FMs. If there is also a episode of a podcast to discuss them, and classic FMs, that's like... the maw plumb on top of it all.

That said I know all good things come to an end, just keep doing all thief related things so long as you're still having fun. And btw I like your regulars too, they are good stand-ins for us who also love and approach thief differently.
    I totally agree with your points...but since I can see all the numbers it seems like "normal" episodes clicks go down after Stephen Russell, Daniel Thron now is a new high. As I said, I am aware that we didn't interview authors about classic missions after that but still, we all know the effect on the internet, people want more...and when you reach a peak like Stephen Russell...maybe suddenly a Random Taffer or FireMage suddenly appear average to some people...I'm not saying that is what's happening but I could imagine this phenomenon is the other side of the medal once you start having stars and the numbers could imply.

At the end of the day I don't care for the numbers...but I think that the authors are the base of this podcast and their appearance should be appreciated as much as it was before.

Anyways...i don't want to sound like I'm crying around here....just wanted to tell my thoughts I'm aware that there are way more factors playing a role and the youtube and podcast-app numbers always make me happy

Don't worry, I didn't think you were crying. You've just been very open about this podcast since day one, I get that you are just sharing.

Well, definitely keep pushing and don't be shy about who you want try to get on there. Podcasts are seen as very legit now, and as already mentioned, it helps to have had those two bigger names on. I think in both podcasts, boundaries were respected and they were very entertaining. This makes the choice to come on the podcast, far easier for any additional thief dev team members.

Don't worry, I didn't think you were crying. You've just been very open about this podcast since day one, I get that you are just sharing.

Well, definitely keep pushing and don't be shy about who you want try to get on there. Podcasts are seen as very legit now, and as already mentioned, it helps to have had those two bigger names on. I think in both podcasts, boundaries were respected and they were very entertaining. This makes the choice to come on the podcast, far easier for any additional thief dev team members.
    Thanks for your kind words, I totally agree that guests like that also could help the podcast... and I'm very happy guys like you are supporting this.....and yeah sometimes I'm overanalyzing... as I said numbers are not the motivation..the guests are and it's always great to meet them

people keep asking me, how skacky invited himself to the "Art behind Thief" episode...see and learn

the last sentence was the quote I originally sent to Daniel...he liked it

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I assume skacky was OK with you posting the content of a private message here in the forum. You asked him first, right?

Yes he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I assume skacky was OK with you posting the content of a private message here in the forum. You asked him first, right?
    Sure thing....

Desperately Dodgy Moderator

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112