TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Food?

Food?

I've read plenty of reviews harping on the fact that Arx denizens must eat, and the existence of the Nourishment spell certainly impies that food is a necessity, but I've never actually HAD to eat, per se... only as a means of restoring health. How does the game communicate hunger in the first place? There doesn't appear to be a food bar like in Eye of the Beholder, and I don't even remember what UU did... what happens when you're hungry, how long can you starve yourself before it's an issue, etc...

Am Shaggar says "I'm hungry" every now and then.
    But I haven't figured out whether eating much or only a little bit eases his hunger better.
    I usually eat two or three things (as a usual meal : bread + meat + vegetables/pie/fruits at a time) but maybe I'm wasting more than twice the food that would be required because there's no hunger indicator... other than the unmeasureable Am Shaggar's stomach.

If you don't eat for too long you start to loose health at an ever increasing rate.

Speaking of which, if all that food goes into his stomach, shouldn't it eventually come out? I can understand if he doesn't like using Arx lavatories. Maybe his monotone voice is due to constipation...

Originally posted by Baron Bifford
    Speaking of which, if all that food goes into his stomach, shouldn't it eventually come out? I can understand if he doesn't like using Arx lavatories. Maybe his monotone voice is due to constipation...
    lol !
    He probably prefers to do "that" between two game sessions.
    What do you think he does when you aren't playing Arx?

I've found that if you eat a "big" meal the time before he says I'm hungry increases.

Pig Out

I've tried several approaches to food, and the best I've come up with is eat everything. As and when you find it. That way it doesn't clutter up your inventory and he's never said he's hungry.
    Come, join me in awaiting the apocalypse. BYOG.