TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415

Thread: New FM program: NewDarkLoader version 1.5.8

Look inside the .zip file containing the NewDarkloader download. Double-click on the readme.html file. Click Installation.

You should see installation instructions then which should cover what you have to do with the files. Basically, you extract three of the files inside the .zip archive into your Thief 2 directory (AKA folder), then edit the cam_mod.ini file.

Recommendation: If you have Thief 1 and 2 installed, make separate NewDarkloader installtions for each of them. Also, store fan missions for Thief 1 in another directory than those for Thief 2. This makes it a lot easier to not accidentally run a Thief 1 fan mission with Thief 2 or vice versa.

Problem with newdarkloader:

Worked fine for ages. Had a Thief2 crash which required a new installation. In my experience, as a frequent FM player, this happens regularly - a couple of times a year - and I am used to re-installing.
    This time, I started with FMSel and then installed NewDarkLoader as per the instructions. Unfortunately, even running as administrator, the setup screen, where you enter the FM path will not save and every time I start up, I am faced with this set up. Therefore the FMs are never selectable. Reverting to FMSel is OK.

Try using Angeloader instead. RSoul did an excellent job with NewDarkLoader and I give the highest praise for it.

Good call! AngelLoader works fine.
    Thanks for the tip.

Glad to hear it. Hope you have a lot of fun.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415