TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: The Enterprise

The Enterprise

This is a very complicated level. There are so many different rooms to case and messages to read. So I don't know where to begin to ask for help. So I'll just check off what I accomplished.

I knocked out everybody there is to knock out. I found the passageway on the roof of the auditorium. I died many times navigating it. But it appears to be circular with me ending up at the same spot.....a room full of water and floating crates.

Can anybody assist here?

Ooooh, I have problems with this mission as well! Only I'm inside the house and theres like hundreds of doors I don't have the keys for and I'm SO disorientated!
    *looks at Nightwalker*
    Go easy on me, I'm a girl :oP

You do get a few keys along the way, but they specifically open special doors. I assume scoring the Master's Key solves all those problems.

The doors that appear metalic open up to the outside I think. So they end up being shortcuts to an area you probably already covered. I wouldn't sweat them too much.

Have you reached the auditorium yet ?

nope! Tha door is locked!
    Go easy on me, I'm a girl :oP

You will find an auditorium key in a safe in somebody's office...I can't remember the guys name, but I think its in the Iron Maiden section. The key to the safe is close by in a different guys office.

btw...I found the Master Key !!!! Now I can try to retrace my steps and open each and every door until something opens to an area I haven't been to. This could take a while.

Keep in touch on your pogress. I might be able to help.

Well, the Master key sure enough opened all the doors that wouldn't previously open. Too bad they opened up areas I already have been to. Like I suspected.

Now I'm really confused. There must be some door that leads to a ton of loot because I'm sitting here with just under 700 when the objective is 1600. Never mind trying to find my mechanical eye.

So I'm right back with my original problem. Not one objective fullfilled, yet the entire level cased and all guards dealt with. Time to roam around I guess. Maybe there are tributaries in the caves that lead somewhere.......

Heh..I know what you mean.. I've beaten almost every Thief 1 FM, and this is one of the few I've actually pretty much given up on... I've restarted it a few times and explored all over... I just end up wandering around aimlessly.. I've never found the eye or enough loot.. The level is way too huge and non-linear..at least for my tastes.. It's just like "hhmm..this place looks familiar...have I been here before? No..I hear a guard.."... Then I blackjack the guards, don't find anything useful in the whole area, and move onto the next and repeat...heh

I solved it !!!!......but I was 9 shy of 1600 in loot

Now there is no way I'm searching this level for the missing 9. I'm calling it quits. Of coarse the level wouldnt end, even when I managed to get back to the very beginning. But, oh well.

spoiler:
    If you want to know how I finished it, I'll give you a hint. Once everyone is knocked out, the whole place is cased, and you have the Master Key, go back as far as you can to the beginning, and simply look around

Well, wouldn't ya know. I just had to search a little bit for missing loot, and stumbled upon a tiny ring within 2 minutes which cranked me over the 1600 mark.

I will sleep soundly tonight.

Thanks for the tip, Clock! You inspired me to go back and give it another try, and I finally beat it tonight... That has to be one of the hardest and most confusing missions I've ever played between the huge disorienting map and all of the easily missed secret passages and hard to find paths. Then there's the darkness (I feel sorry for those poor people working on drafts in the electronics department in that horrible dim lighting...their eyesight isn't long for this world..heh)...but at least beating this one gave me a sense of accomplishment :^)

Enterprise: Master's Key...

This is my second time round with The Enterprise...

I'm totally in to this, however, I am stuck - I cannot find the Master's Key...

I am using the Map, but it does not really help...

I have:

spoiler:
    been below the testing areas (the caves?), knocked almost everyone possible out, opened every door I could with my lockpicks, been around the outside twice looking for places to shoot a rope arrow or open a new door, and have read every papyrus I could find

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Juhuuuu...

i ended this mission today! after many years playing

Where's the Master's Key???

Any hints if you just ended today????

Seeing as I started this thread quite a while ago, I feel obliged to respond, even though I don't know the answer offhand.

If I recall right, isn't the master key accessed by climbing this mass of scaffolding? somewhere inside the massive outdoor elevator, which is powered up by a lever nearby in the building??

I'll reload the mission later and hope one of my saves takes me close to it to verify.

Yes....i was right. The
    spoiler:
    freight lift outside has to be powered up, then sent down. Then you have to explore until you come to a giant wooden beamed scaffold thing with some large metal conduit pipe suspended in the middle. You should know what to do with wooden beams

Confused...

How do I power up the lift?

How do I get into the Auditorium, the Library, Electric?

I have roped up on every roof I can - some I cannot jump onto...

What am I missing?

Thanks!

There is a switch inside the building.
    spoiler:
    The freight lift that can be powered up is outside and on the north side of the building. It has some barrels and crates on it with an up/down button beside it. The lever to power up the button control is found by going in the outside side door on the west side of the building. You would pass it on your way to the freight lift. Go inside and up the stairs to the second floor. There is a lever against one of the walls. I will be labelled.

Once you have the Master key, all other questions are answered.

ware is the eye....heeeeeeelp..please...nevermind..I got it...
    spoiler:
    way back at the start by the table with the dead guard..
    Last edited by Lightningline; 17th Dec 2003 at 22:11.

Finished on Easy in 2 hours and 15 minutes with 1592 of 1717 total loot. Had I not forgotten about the hole in the water at the bottom of the shaft of the freight elevator, I would have been able to finish this mission without hints. For some reason, I saw it, moved away to explore some other area, and then forgot about it.

The Enterprise is a good example of how not to design a Thief mission. It is way too large, many rooms look similar and contain nothing of interest. About one hour into the mission, I felt constantly lost and bored.

On the other hand, there are some nice touches: The journals, despite quite a few typos, tell an interesting story. The beginning, in which you wake up in bed and hear a murder outside, is brilliant. I was instantly hooked. I also liked how the wooden walkway leads up to the factory on the cliff, with the sound of the waves audible in the background. The Dark engine is not quite up to task to render this scene properly, but the idea was great. I think The Scarlet Cascabel years later pulled off this ascent to a looming location above properly.

I did experience some game crashes when I looked in a certain direction near the bulletin board with the career opportunities. I cleared out the area without looking in this direction and could not reproduce the crashes anymore after all guards were knocked out.