TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T2 FM: "Arac Attack" - 2007 Aug. 31st

nice little mission, I got stuck in a tunnel wall once and had to restart and occasionally the sound would disappear if I reloaded a quicksave but leaving the area and re entering would reset it

oh one minor complaint in the short tunnel that leads to the queens chamber there's a steep tunnel going up, I climbed up this and know for a fact it was empty and there was no other way in, however as soon as I shot at the queen two of those red spiders fell out of it and covered me in webs, no fair ! they should have been there when I climbed up or not appeared at all, kinda spoiled the immersion a bit for me, apart from that though it was a nice tight mission and very therapeutic

all spiders MUST DIE

still stuck

i still can´t find out what happened there, anyone knows how to kick off that objective?

cardia1 - look for something readable

cardia, the objective ticks off when you read a certain readable near the starting point of the mission. Since you said you've completed all other objectives, I guess you already red this readable because this readable also reveals the other objectives.

The mission uses a TrapTimedRelay script to check out the first objective. Unfortunately this script is missing in some installations of Thief. First make sure you patched your Thief2 installation to version 1.18. If that's the case, then you will have to install two script files manually. You can find them here. Just extract the files for Thief2 (gen.osm and convict.osm) and place them into your Thief2 main folder, overwriting the existing (defective) ones. Make backups first, if you want to keep them.

You might have to restart the mission afterwards.

Completed! A nice mission. Now i know why it's called Arac Attack.

that´s odd

To read that book was the first thing i´ve done, and then it gave me new objectives, the strange is that i´ve got all scripts and got the last update v1.18. Anyway i´ll check if everything is fine in my Thief 2 folder.

Arac Attack - Yukkkkkkkk!

Short and fun !
    All readables blank, but didn't spoil it.
    Nice logical progression with good surprises.

Lame bump, sorry.

A bit late for me to say this, I know, but I found this mission rather intense. Nice clean design, great enemies, and plenty of surprises.

The final showdown with the Queen somewhat reminded me of Shial's Lair from Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by metal dawn View Post
    The final showdown with the Queen somewhat reminded me of Shial's Lair from Blood.
    Bwahahaha I'm arachnophobic so I just hit the queen with arrows. The only mission I cannot complete, next to Deceptive Perceptions, but I got past that one

This is one of my favourites, - though I've never been able to find the corrected text for the readables.This time though I've struck a bit of a (very large!!) obstacle. I hid in an alcove in the queen's chamber and peppered her with arrows until she died. She couldn't reach me.
    Unfortunately her huge bulk blocks my exit. I can see right through it to her offspring all lined up, shooting webs that don't quite reach.

And I can't bloody get out!

Oh well, back to the start. A reason for not relying just on quicksaves, I think.

Just finished--a nice, quick, little mission that I found at times beautiful, and other times frustrating.

I rather enjoyed the overall design (especially the flaming house), but did have issues with the arrows: the aim was incredibly far off in some areas--like the spot with 3 spiders clustered together at a bend, right before the spider that falls down from the ceiling. Also, even though I know it was hard not to be so, I found the linear play to be somewhat of a disappointment--though, only slightly as it was still fun!

7 out of 10 for a few good jumps; and for being lean, visually pleasing and well worth the play.

Since all readables appear blank in this mission (on english only) and the orignial patch was lost over time, I created the PATCH on my own.
    You can find the corrected readables here.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 20th Aug 2011 at 16:22.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Fixed Books (FM/Books/english)

Knights.str
    page_0: "We are the Dark Knights and we are going to kill you, human scum! You destroyed our homes and bereft our soules. You will pay for it!"
    Tagebuch 2
    page_0: "26th May

Finally our atom facility is ready. Thanks to the facility, our production runs 50% faster and additionally we are getting much energy!

---

27th May

There are little spiders everywhere! They are really annoying. We are trying our best to kill these little beasts, but it seems there are more and more of them.

---

28th May

We have to repair the reactor fast, or it will explode! Curse the novice - he said he only want to swing the pick a last time, but it slipped through his hands!

---

29th May

Probably this is my last entry. They are coming and going to kill us all. The reactor exploded and laid off much radiation. The little spiders suddenly became superspiders. One spider went so big, it started to lay eggs! But that is not all, the most brothers are dead or eaten. These spiders laid there eggs near the reactor to breed much more superspiders. Some spiders managed to........."

Just getting back into playing T2 missions since I have approx 900+ missions on my hard drive.

New install using T2fix1.27a. Have a couple of questions. I have version 1.2 of AracAttack installed(I started playing the alphabetically)

1 - the readables are blank - I thought they would all be fixed with the 1.27a - is this not correct? is this something I need to look out for and manually fix myself in each mission? - I have most of the book patches just didn't think I would need them

2 - this mission plays great and I am enjoying it but had one Big problem when I get to the large cavern where the Queen is supposed to be she is MIA - I went out and watched a video so I know I am in the right spot - has anyone else ran into this problem. All I have is a circle of a dozen+ spiders. after I killed them I went down but nothing there - tried reloading from earlier save but still nothing when I get to the cavern

The books in this mission are blank as they were set up incorrectly, but you could always check out the post above yours.

PS. Have played this mission a couple of time before and queen spider was always there, so don't know what the problem is, have you got a save?
    Last edited by fortuni; 8th Dec 2019 at 16:12.

yes I have quicksave and hard saves how do I send or post it?

Zip it up and post it on a file sharing site such as GDrive then post the link, making sure you have made the link publicly available.

I guessed it meant google drive - didnt know i had one but did get the quicksave file to upload and i shared and copied the link - since this a first for me not sure if I did everything right - let me know

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DWf...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by delgato5959; 9th Dec 2019 at 12:28.

I don't know how you did it but looks like you may have already killed her because the (fire) spiders in the mother spider cave teleport into the map once you have killed the mother spider.

Having said that her corpse should be in the cave but in your save the mother spider is 3/4 embedded in the wall of the cave, so yes looks like something went wrong.

Have you got any previous saves?

Well the mother spider is in the cave normally in that save, at some point she has been killed and got embedded into the wall of the cave preventing you seeing the corpse, Ill ask Unna to take a look at your first save and see if she can tell how the mother spider got killed.

Unna can't see what has exactly gone wrong, however your spider is still alive but in the solid but that means you can't see her. Maybe the bug is due to the set up of the spider but looks like you have come across a rare bug. Only thing you can do is restart, I've just played this mission again and didn't come across any such issues myself.

ok thanks for looking - I deleted my game file and re downloaded it - will give it a go another time

dml to fix rogue spider + missing loot, courtesy Jax

Code:
    DML1

//Arac Attack: Fixes. File: miss21.mis.dml

#script "squirrel"

+ObjProp 620 "Position"
    {
    	"Location" 100.714,129.426,-64.8361
    	"Bank" e8ac
    }
    +ObjProp 619 "Position"
    {
    	"Location" 100.352,129.345,-64.7896
    	"Bank" e958
    }
    +ObjProp 616 "Position"
    {
    	"Location" 100.312,130.029,-65.1842
    	"Bank" ec58
    }
    +ObjProp 615 "Position"
    {
    	"Location" 100.312,130.551,-65.486
    	"Bank" ea28
    }
    +ObjProp 618 "Position"
    {
    	"Location" 100.191,129.586,-64.9289
    	"Bank" e9ec
    }
    +ObjProp 626 "Position"
    {
    	"Location" 99.7492,129.305,-64.7665
    	"Bank" e9a4
    }
    +ObjProp 617 "Position"
    {
    	"Location" 99.8698,129.627,-64.9521
    	"Bank" eb34
    }
    +ObjProp 614 "Position"
    {
    	"Location" 99.9502,130.069,-65.2075
    	"Bank" e938
    }
    +ObjProp 623 "Position"
    {
    	"Location" 99.9904,130.792,-65.6252
    	"Bank" eb6c
    }
    +ObjProp 630 "Position"
    {
    	"Location" 99.3472,129.265,-64.7432
    	"Bank" e884
    }
    +ObjProp 625 "Position"
    {
    	"Location" 99.307,129.627,-64.9521
    	"Bank" e960
    }
    +ObjProp 621 "Position"
    {
    	"Location" 99.3472,129.828,-65.0682
    	"Bank" eb88
    }
    +ObjProp 624 "Position"
    {
    	"Location" 99.4276,130.27,-65.3235
    	"Bank" e8c0
    }
    +ObjProp 622 "Position"
    {
    	"Location" 99.4678,130.511,-65.4627
    	"Bank" ead0
    }
    +ObjProp 629 "Position"
    {
    	"Location" 98.8648,129.265,-64.7432
    	"Bank" eba4
    }
    +ObjProp 627 "Position"
    {
    	"Location" 98.7844,129.828,-65.0682
    	"Bank" eb3c
    }
    +ObjProp 628 "Position"
    {
    	"Location" 99.0256,130.39,-65.3931
    	"Bank" eb6c
    }
    +ObjProp 776 "Scripts"
    {
    	"Script 0" SimRepositionOfst
    }
    +ObjProp 776 "DesignNote"
    {
    	"" RepositionLoc="0,-1,0.2"
    }
    +ObjProp 777 "Scripts"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 777 "DesignNote"
    {
    	"" RepositionLoc="0,0,0.2"
    }
    +ObjProp 400 "Scripts"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 400 "DesignNote"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 399 "Scripts"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 399 "DesignNote"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 401 "Scripts"
    {
    	"Script 0" SimRepositionAbs
    }
    +ObjProp 401 "DesignNote"
    {
    	"" RepositionLoc="-25.373,98.552,-70.3957"
    }
    +ObjProp 819 "TrapFlags"
    {
    	"" Once
    }

Working good

added the dml and re-played - everything working good monster spider is no longer MIA
    Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12