TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: T2 FM: The Book of Prophecy - Part 1, English release Jan/08

Looks like I need a rope arrow to continue past the small area that you drop down to with a Hammer, a guard, and a thief where four Mechs blast through a set of double doors. I tried jumping from the crates to the Hammer's head and over to the balcony, but I just get stuck at the edge. Something here prevents mantling up. It looks like there's no way out of here without a rope arrow, but I can't find one. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Nevermind. Replaying through this area has revealed a vine arrow on a windowsill that wasn't there earlier. Strange.
    Last edited by nchw68; 4th Feb 2008 at 00:12.

I only just got into FMs, having finished playing the original Thief trilogy and T2X recently, but out of the 20 or so I have tried, this is definitely my favourite.

Being constantly pursued by the mechanists made it really exciting. I loved the massacre when you pass under the portcullis and the metal music kicked in. I don't usually enjoy heavy metal in video games but it totally worked in this one.
    I think it's as good as any of the original Thief missions. Better than some, even.
    Can't wait until the next part in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSneaker View Post
    Can't wait until the next part in the series.
    Pt. 2 is (at the moment) under constant progress, 60-70% are completed now. Estimated release? At the end of the year (I hope).

Medallion objective...

How do you

get the medallion in front of the Night Stalkers door without getting killed by the mech beast? Tried a flash bomb to stun, ran and dropped the medallion in front of the door. Ran back up the stairs to where I got the key and next objectives. Followed me up there, now, no where to go.

I have tried to run past the mech beast when it passes by, but it instantly turns and kills me.

Any help would be appreciated...

bikerdude
    can someone change the titel fo the thread to include a date..?

ta

Use
    spoiler:
    moss arrows to silence the ground, then run past the mech beast when it passes by.
    Drop the medaillon in front of the door and
    spoiler:
    slip back to the Keepers House if the bot turns the next time.
    And donīt get close to the bot, otherwise he will detect you and......kaboom.......
    But donīt worry, the goal with the medaillon was a
    spoiler:
    shit happens experience for a few Garretts.

Some fun screenshots of TBoP, Part 1

by me! Okay, I overdid it with a few too many, but I sometimes like to show my adventures into the "out-of-bounds" areas on FM's when I can get to them...

Here's the first area I got to, by the bell tower. Led to many more!

Then several views of that next "battle" (pre-battle), and the area in which they stand. I just had to save several hapless, helpless AI's (haha):

And of course, I had them all do the "FlashDance"!

Now some areas *way* outa bounds! Those 6 doors together are intriguing, Schattengilde...what's with those, a sort of pallette?

Now, backtracking-- a view of the first battle scene you see once you start roofin' it:

Down in the square (the pit) with one of your pets, and he can't even touch me! But, it appears he can't take any of his own damage, either . Only one way out of this, I'm afraid...

A view from *inside* the bell tower:

Now, it was really tough to get to *this* section, towards the West nearer to Mech-Death Central in the main square (where first attack begins). Here, thru that open gate down below are the 3 AI's I saved, and you can see the grass-and-tree garden straight down that I show earlier.

Speaking of Mech-Death Central: I've tried to leap down onto the two archers (crossbow chicks) on the balcony, but no luck so far. If I don't die, I certainly don't land on the balcony...

I've been to several other nice areas I can post pix to, but here's the last one, from up in the archer towers of the Mechanist Compound at the beginning, just in the process of throwing a Mech corpse down below:

Hope you enjoyed those! I'm wondering if the FM Author did...

--Crowemagnon, man.

Walk through

Is there a walk through for this I am stuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx67 View Post
    Is there a walk through for this I am stuck?
    Did you watch the video walkthrough I made?

Video

Too dark.

Too dark.
    Can't help you with that, but where are you stuck?

Town

I am in the town after everybody is killed but can't seem to get anywhere.

I am in the town after everybody is killed but can't seem to get anywhere.
    Are you at the part where the first assault is? If so, near the gate where you entered the place is a ladder. At top of it a (probably dead) archer. Go have a look around there.

UH UH!

Quote Originally Posted by Schattengilde View Post

The location where you can find the sword differs between hard and expert. If you play expert, the sword is
    spoiler:
    located in the area behind the hatch.
    The hatch wonīt open until you
    spoiler:
    leave the Keepers medaillon in front of the Night Stalkers door
    If by "behind the hatch" you mean in the loft/attic area, then uh uh, nope, no sword there on expert!

I am not one to blast any FM, lord, I am grateful for them in any form, but, gee, this one needs a good bit of cleaning up, what with the half missing readables and the non existant sword!

EDIT: oops - nvm about the sword part - but it was not exactly accurate to say it was "behind the hatch" when it's more like on a balconey near an archer guard, past the door with sleeping man, after you have gone thru the "loft". My comment on the readables still applies tho!
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 22nd Oct 2009 at 10:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Sxerks View Post
    And a faster one with rooftop action:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UKRKchH-7k
    How did I not die in that one?
    schattengilde, that was awesome.

okay, can anyone tell me?

what the heck am i sposed to do wit da 3 jugs of boom boom juice and the rooster (err, Bantam) node???

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett's Shadow View Post
    what the heck am i sposed to do wit da 3 jugs of boom boom juice and the rooster (err, Bantam) node???
    The bantam node is junk, nothing more.............
    The boom booom juice is also junk........explosive junk (yes, I like explosions )............you can kill the bad bad Mechs with it (if you like)

Fm Crashing

I see its been awhile since anyone has posted to this thread.
    Just wondering if anyone else is getting crashes trying to load this FM. I have fresh install with T2fix 1.27a and have been playing all the missions again.

I deleted the game I had and re-downloaded it but it still crashes I am using AngelLoader.
    I looked thru the thread and I didn't see any dml file.

I get to choose new game and then the difficulty but when the actual fm tries to load it crashes. Any ideas???

Part 2 loads but I would like to play part1 first

I have played it with FMSel and a Thief 2 installation patched with T2Fix v1.27a, and everything worked. I have never used AngelLoader so far, though.

However, I noticed that many english readables are cut off because the translator used quotation marks without realizing that they have to be written as \" instead of " if they are part of the text to be displayed. I have corrected the readables, and then they worked fine. Some of the readables are relevant to give background information to the story, but they are not needed to complete the mission.

T2 install

The T2fix.1.27a installation I mentioned above was with all the enhancements - this is the one it crashes with.
    I did a second install still using the T2fix 1.27a but this time I chose the basic installation only and used the FMsel - with this it does work - it may be possible something in one of the enhancements is causing this behavior.

Thanks for taking the time to look

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123