TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New TDM mission The Accountant 2: New In Town (2016/05/09)

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Is there a mirror for the download of this mission? I'm not downloading a program I know zilch about, and the other option keeps trying to read everything from my computer and send stuff over. So... pass! Any mirrors, please?!
    What program are you talking about? You don't need a program with the link I provided.

Also its on the official mirrors anyway so you can download via the in game downloader.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    This is the door im talking about:

How you get into that door

in the room to your left there is a world globe, frob it and a part of the wall will open with the key

Thank you Goldwell

Where do i find the special object for the thief in third floor so he hand me the key

Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    Where do i find the special object for the thief in third floor so he hand me the key
    general spoiler
    the item is in Griswolds safe in his apartment

specific location
    Grab the key from the bathroom and the peculiar key in the dining room (move the grandfather clock), then go into Griswolds bedroom. Hit the switch by the side of his desk, in the previous room it opens a little door.. put in the key to the safe mechanism and take the item in there to the thief

Is anyone else facing game freezing when entering in combat with an Ai?

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Is anyone else facing game freezing when entering in combat with an Ai?
    There were a couple of testers that had issues with the game freezing when AI would flee from combat situations however I was pretty sure we squashed all of those bugs. Which AI / what location were they in?

I didn't have freezing, but I had crashes to desktop in one place only. There's a gaming room with two monks sat at a table and a guard sat separately. I had killed two of those occupants, and the red monk had run out of the room and had stood just outside the door. The game kept crashing whenever he came into my view, but not when other combat took place.

I have carried the green/blue orb from the attic where I found it and dropped it into the magic pot, but nothing seems to happen. In fact, I can take the orb out again. What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    I didn't have freezing, but I had crashes to desktop in one place only. There's a gaming room with two monks sat at a table and a guard sat separately. I had killed two of those occupants, and the red monk had run out of the room and had stood just outside the door. The game kept crashing whenever he came into my view, but not when other combat took place.

I have carried the green/blue orb from the attic where I found it and dropped it into the magic pot, but nothing seems to happen. In fact, I can take the orb out again. What am I doing wrong?
    Doing that the orb should begin a cutscene. I'm not sure why it hasnt done that for you though. Perhaps try moving the orb around in the pot? There is an entity in there that looks for the orb.

I've tried dropping the orb into that bowl many times, different places in the bowl. No cut scene occurs.

Well that's disheartening to hear! I tested that scene a lot of times and as did my testers and none had issue, the orb was dropped in and the cutscene began. I don't know what happened with that sorry :/

If you would like I could record the scene and PM it through to you if you would like?

Classical Master 2008
    That one didn't work for me either. Maybe I'll watch it on Fen's channel. .)

That is very odd, I just tried in game and it worked with no issues the first time with me.

I opened the map file to verify nothing was out of place with the scene but could not see anything that could break it so i'm quite stumped on how you both had that issue. Hopefully no one else suffers from the same problem :/

What are we missing if the orb doesn't work? If it's just a cut scene, it's no big deal. If we're missing out on a new area of the game, that's more serious.

BTW, am I supposed to do anything with the rat corpse?

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    What are we missing if the orb doesn't work? If it's just a cut scene, it's no big deal. If we're missing out on a new area of the game, that's more serious.

BTW, am I supposed to do anything with the rat corpse?
    I have no idea, I just tried it about 20 times and it worked all but once (when I was purposefully trying to brake it by pushing the orb around and pushing it into boxes and so on). How that scene works is there is a special invisible entity bound to the orb and when that entity comes into contact with the pot it triggers the cut scene, I suppose somehow you can break that depending on how you carried the orb over. I'm not really sure how that would be fixed either. The cut scene is a little throw back to accountant 1, it's more of an easter egg than anything but it's not a playable area. It's just a bit surprising that it never showed up for any tester or myself until now but I guess the greatest audience to test is the general public

That's one thing i've learned about doing a bigger and more complex mission than usual, some of the weirdest and most unexpected things can break for some but work perfectly fine countless times for others.

In regards to the other If you want to you can throw the rat in the stew! :P no more intended use beyond that little bit of fun

There is something buried in a attic. What to do...?

Quote Originally Posted by Empyrium View Post
    There is something buried in a attic. What to do...?
    read the book in the mages house to learn more, also be very careful with that orb.. it's a little buggy if it gets caught on objects

Late to the party, but what a fantastic mission this is.

I do hope the author intends to come back to this series some day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12