TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spiderman!

Level 10,000 achieved
    I started playing this 4 days ago and I'm already 43% through the story. In sharp contrast to RDR2, I'm spending most of my time with the story missions and quite little time exploring the open world. Traversing the world is fun, but the world itself is pretty boring. I mean, it's Manhattan, we've seen it like a billion times in games already and this version isn't really doing anything special. It's very pretty but there's little to do in it besides clearing a deluge of sidequest icons off your map. Most of the sidequest stuff is pretty boring, eg. finding backpacks and pigeons and hidden cat-figurines, as well as the usual time trial and checkpoint race stuff. Clearing out enemy camps is challenging and fun though.

The real meat of the game is the main story, and it's pretty good. The fighting and webswinging gameplay is good, and I really like the character animation in the cutscenes. RDR2 probably has more realistic looking characters, but somehow Spider-Man's characters feel more real.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I'm at like 73% completion now. Did all the Black Cat stuff only to get a really tepid wrap-up, guess they saved the proper end of that storyline for the DLC. Speaking of which, anyone play any of the DLCs yet? Any good?

I'm waiting for the DLC to be complete - and, realistically, for me to have more or less finished RDR2. Which means it'll probably be a month or two before I return to Spider-Man. Sorry.

Thing What Kicks
    Dunno how near completion I am, but I threw down the game in frustration after doing the Taskmaster tasks, only to get my ass handed to me by him and find out if I wanted to fight him again, I'd have to do even more of his shitty tasks. I haven't touched the game in over two weeks now.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Yeah I'm skipping the Taskmaster, Osborn research and pigeon quests, as they don't seem fun. The camps are good stuff tho, and I'll do Black Cat and backpacks if they happen to be on the way to where I'm going.

RE: DLCs, afaik they're all out now. It's just 3 new chapters, right? https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ga...-never-sleeps/ But at 25 bucks I think I'll give it a pass.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Finished it! (in about a week!) Total completion is still at 73%, which it's been at for the last several story and side missions. I think the counter might be stuck.

I see the Season Pass is on sale for 13€, but I should mop up the remaining side missions first and then see how I feel about it. Might go ahead and pick up GOW instead.

I bought my PS4 last month with this game and I absolutely loved it. Got the platinum trophy upon completing the main story.

I thought the side objectives were quite fun, maybe a little repetitive sometimes.

I might buy the DLC later.

Henke, I think you might actually enjoy the Taskmaster’s stealth challenges. They’re pretty puzzly - you can Bronze them without much planning, but Silver and Gold require you to figure out an ideal combination of the sequence in which you take down mooks and the abilities and gadgets you use to do so.

Still Subjective
    I've been totally sidetracked by God of War, though I did play the start.

The swing mechanic is odd. It works, but it feels really unnatural to me. Does this change? It's such an odd way of moving around and the way it's mapped makes it strange. It's not easy to be as fluid as I think I should be.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    Henke, I think you might actually enjoy the Taskmaster’s stealth challenges.
    Ok I tried them. Yeah, pretty good!

Also ended up getting the DLC and played through the first chapter, The Heist, yesterday. Good stuff, about 2-3 hours in length, and a good story!

Level 10,000 achieved
    Finished the DLC last night. I liked the story, though the ending is kinda abrupt. It does kinda set up some things for the sequel as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12