TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: CoSaS 2: Mission X NewDark update - testers required!

CoSaS 2: Mission X NewDark update - testers required!

Hello.

CoSaS 2: Mission X is a complicated mission, and over time there have been people having trouble with it, despite the NewDark patch. In mid-July I decided to look in to it to see if anything could be done. The good news is that I was able to get hold of some files that made it possible to fix the problems. What I now require is for some people to test this to see if it works under normal gameplay conditions (I've done some testing of my own but people who make FMs can't be trusted to find their own flaws).

In other words, I require beta testers. Or gamma testers, since this a patch for an existing mission.

I'd be particularly interested to hear from people who've recently had problems with this, and especially playing it through NewDarkLoader.

this is amazing news to hear,good luck as this mission series is legendary

i just replayed recently and had no issues

Is that an offer to test this update?

well i had no issues on my run through,i was just giving it a bump for others to see,and a good luck,as this mission is epic

I know this is an old mission but I still have 0 beta testers. It may be that posting this on a late Sunday night UK time was wrong for every time zone, with people further east heading in to Monday and people in America being well in to Sunday afternoon or evening. Bumping this thread now might catch people at a better time.

If the size and complexity is putting people off, I'd be willing to make some temporary changes which would make the mission a lot easier. The only testing I'm interested in is the updated scripts, which mainly deal with the masks and messages from other characters, so it doesn't matter to me if it becomes too easy to deal with the AI during testing.

BANNED
    It is an old mission but from what I remember it's probably still one of the best single missions that's been made.

I could test it since the last time I tried the mission on the latest version of NewDark it only partially worked with some bugs i.e. worst issue I ran into, I couldn't use the knockout drops or dagger that go with them.

Edit: Actually I installed 1.26 and the issue of needing to reboot the PC sometimes to get the mask to work as well as the knockout drops/dagger issue went away with the original mission in 1.26. In 1.25 these issues were extant.
    Last edited by GUFF; 29th Sep 2018 at 03:11.

I'm willing to test it. I eventually got it to work (NewDark 1.25, no Tafferpatcher), though I haven't yet finished it. I did run into an issue where I returned Cloud's key to his dresser but the objective didn't tick.

Thanks for your replies. A forum has been set up on the Shalebridge Cradle site.
    GUFF: I've added you to the testing group.
    The Black Cat: Are you registered there? I did a search of the members list but did not find you. If not registered, I highly recommend it - it's the most convenient way to test things.
    Last edited by R Soul; 29th Sep 2018 at 06:25.

Since I wanted to play this again, I can as well give feedback. I'm going to register at Shalebridge.

Thank you so much, R Soul! I would of course be willing to help test, if that is ongoing.

Thanks for your offer, but testing finished a long time ago and the mission was released:
    https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149211