TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: New TDM mission Shadows of Northdale ACT II (2019/03/20)

New TDM mission Shadows of Northdale ACT II (2019/03/20)

Author note:

It's hard to believe it's already been a year since Act 1 came out! Well during this mission the player will be following Corbin into the Grimwood district to followup on a lead from last night (Act 1) .. the mysterious tablet!

This mission is my first time including full EFX support as well as a HD briefing video file, additionally a new script has been added crafted by the talented Obsttorte which has loot flying towards the player when you pick it up.

On a level design front I have tried to change things up a bit by really catering towards a number of play styles, this mission can be completely ghosted or you can use the tools at your disposal to wreak havoc on the citizens of Northdale. For the first time I have tried to create more sandbox environments which don't offer clear answers handed directly to you, so if you're having trouble figuring something out try a different method.

This mission takes between 1 - 2 hours to finish depending on the difficulty you play on and how thoroughly you explore.

I hope you enjoy your night in Northdale!

- Goldwell

Available via the in-game downloader

Alternatively here's a mirror on mega

Thank you downloading now...

Just a note: This mission needs TDM v2.07

Congrats on release, goldwell! Just start and wow! Thank you

Master Builder 2018
    Congrats on the release!

I just saw the intro. You need to be a harcore fan to realize it is a fan made one.

Great mission :) Found 4416/4691 (Gems: 590, Goods: 1435, Gold: 2391), zero kills, zero blackjacks, 4/6 secrets + 1 secret objective. I don't know why it is 'secret' istead of 'optional' or just 'bonus' objective, but... OK. There are probably more, because of MistDrip.

Played 2.07 and I met tons of bugs and a hudge amount of 'stuck-places' :P Where was beta-testers? :P Anyway the Mission is awesome, nice S.T.A.L.K.E.R. touch ;) and I'm waiting impatiently for the ACT 3 :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mat99 View Post
    Great mission Found 4416/4691 (Gems: 590, Goods: 1435, Gold: 2391), zero kills, zero blackjacks, 4/6 secrets + 1 secret objective. I don't know why it is 'secret' istead of 'optional' or just 'bonus' objective, but... OK. There are probably more, because of MistDrip.

Played 2.07 and I met tons of bugs and a hudge amount of 'stuck-places' :P Where was beta-testers? :P Anyway the Mission is awesome, nice S.T.A.L.K.E.R. touch and I'm waiting impatiently for the ACT 3
    Thanks, Act 3 is on the way!

What bugs are you talking about? Ironically this was the most thoroughly i've ever tested a mission lol. We had about 8 beta testers, only had one get stuck once which was fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by goldwell View Post
    Thanks, Act 3 is on the way!
    Fabulous news :)

What bugs are you talking about? Ironically this was the most thoroughly i've ever tested a mission lol. We had about 8 beta testers, only had one get stuck once which was fixed.
    Indeed it is strange then... Maybye the problem is local and my own installation causes the problems? :/ I played 2.07 with "Cleaning Up the Neighbourhood", "Hidden Hands: Initiation", "The Night of Reluctant Benefaction" - no stuck problems... (as in 2.06)

OK, sometimes one picture can tell more than 100 words, so I've done a few screenshots. Could Your testers confirm that it doesn't occur in them?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b0x3pzz79...EQMIhFvZa?dl=0

There is also AI stuck problem. Sometimes I tease with guards and before reloading I try to escape them. I do the Benny Hill run/pursuit/escape to check their behaviour just for my curiosity and fun :) And after that, this is what happened:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sea97ew27...Bjx28zfBa?dl=0

Another thing:
    In one of the street corners lies... hmmm... a "broken flower pot" - it sounds like broken parts of ceramics when step on it, so it's OK. There are empty bottles in another corner (closed shop), and they sound like glass when step on it, so it's OK either. But... near the sleeping homeless person there is bottle of wine, and it sounds like wood instead of glass... Is it bug? or it is intentional? He's poor, so maybe he has a wooden bottle of wine?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/keqbcg3ja...f9LYK2s5a?dl=0

Snail - eaten immediately instead of dropped to bag of food - why? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mat99 View Post
    Fabulous news

Indeed it is strange then... Maybye the problem is local and my own installation causes the problems? :/ I played 2.07 with "Cleaning Up the Neighbourhood", "Hidden Hands: Initiation", "The Night of Reluctant Benefaction" - no stuck problems... (as in 2.06)

OK, sometimes one picture can tell more than 100 words, so I've done a few screenshots. Could Your testers confirm that it doesn't occur in them?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b0x3pzz79...EQMIhFvZa?dl=0

There is also AI stuck problem. Sometimes I tease with guards and before reloading I try to escape them. I do the Benny Hill run/pursuit/escape to check their behaviour just for my curiosity and fun And after that, this is what happened:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sea97ew27...Bjx28zfBa?dl=0

Another thing:
    In one of the street corners lies... hmmm... a "broken flower pot" - it sounds like broken parts of ceramics when step on it, so it's OK. There are empty bottles in another corner (closed shop), and they sound like glass when step on it, so it's OK either. But... near the sleeping homeless person there is bottle of wine, and it sounds like wood instead of glass... Is it bug? or it is intentional? He's poor, so maybe he has a wooden bottle of wine?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/keqbcg3ja...f9LYK2s5a?dl=0

Snail - eaten immediately instead of dropped to bag of food - why?
    The snail was a joke. Who tf eats snails?!

Also out of those bugs the only one you can blame on the map is the fountain and the chimney (the latter of which was brought up and I thought was addressed but evidently not) but. Everything else are core mod assets. For example that vent grid the AI got stuck on is a new asset in 2.07. I didn’t make it, and was unaware of such issues.

The wood bottle again is a core asset. I would have to manually set a wooden sound on that which I obviously didn’t. It’s just using whatever the core mod uses which is supposed to be glass.

I’m sorry you had these issues and unless they’re addressed in 2.08 i would have to manually change them in future releases.

The snail was a joke. Who tf eats snails?!
    Hah :D You should ask French people ;)

Quote Originally Posted by goldwell
    Also out of those bugs the only one you can blame on the map is the fountain and the chimney (the latter of which was brought up and I thought was addressed but evidently not) but. Everything else are core mod assets.
    Ahh, so they are just standard, well known engine+mod issues/glitches :) Good to know and I hope 2.08 will handle at least most of 'stuck' problems :) I played 127 TDM missions it happens from time to time, but in Your mission I probably stepped in every point (unconsciously) where it could potentially happen :D

For example that vent grid the AI got stuck on is a new asset in 2.07. I didnít make it, and was unaware of such issues.
    After 127 missions it's first time I saw that thing, so You are not alone ;) It never happened to me earlier (probably - I don't remember :P)

The wood bottle again is a core asset.
    That's new for me :O I didn't notice that for years ;D LOL ;) So, thank You for this wooden bottle, otherwise I would still be unaware ;)
    There is nice thread here in the forum: "Played Thief for years before discovering...". Maybe it's time to start similar TDM thread? ;)

Iím sorry you had these issues [...]
    There is absolutely no problem. I have my reload button for such occasions ;) It's better to report a problem and explain where it comes from than to sit quietly and pretend that nothing has happened ;) I'm glad You explained to us everything :) You don't need to sorry, I don't blame You (I bet NO ONE here do) and I have no regrets. You do (You're doing) a good job to give us such wonderful missions and little technical problems are definitely not something You need to worry about more than it's worth :)

Really Great mission Goldwell!!!! Loved the skeleton playing the instrument and had a good laugh at the guard peeing on the homeless man, at first I thought no way till I got closer and could see better and I heard the sound effect.

I can not wait for the next one!! Keep up the great work.
    pwl

yeah I enjoyed this mission.Great visuals and story .I look forward to the next chapter . The Darkmod has come a long way

Master Builder 2018
    Yes!! Can't wait to play. Congrats on your mission release!

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrator View Post
    Just a note: This mission needs TDM v2.07
    Please can anybody help me. where can i find a version 2.07 und how is it to install.

i have already tested but i cannot start the dark mod.

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    Please can anybody help me. where can i find a version 2.07 und how is it to install.

i have already tested but i cannot start the dark mod.
    You can download it from here if the launcher isn't working https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dark-...k-mod-207-full

You can download it from here if the launcher isn't working https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dark-...k-mod-207-full
    i downloaded tdm from this link and unzipped it ,but if istart tdm the following error message occurs

the programm couldn't be startet because api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing

can anybody please help me

@tannar you'r right

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    i downloaded tdm from this link and unzipped it ,but if istart tdm the following error message occurs

the programm couldn't be startet because api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing

can anybody please help me

@tannar you'r right
    Install the VC++ runtime package in your Darkmod folder. vcredist_x86.exe for 32-bit. vcredist_x64.exe for 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    Really Great mission Goldwell!!!! Loved the skeleton playing the instrument and had a good laugh at the guard peeing on the homeless man, at first I thought no way till I got closer and could see better and I heard the sound effect.
    These unique touches, plus the overall fun and quality of the mission really make it memorable. Thanks Goldwell!

This was a very excellent mission, great atmosphere and tricky spots. I nearly jumped out of my skin while climbing over a fence trying to get away from one of the zombies.
    fun fun!

Loved playing this mission, very enjoyable, loved how the loot goes into the inventory, love the scenarios they are amazing, very beautiful and cozy. Love the story, loved how ambient sounds were placed, loved everything. Thank you so much for this sweet experience.