TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AngelLoader 1.0.7 - an all-in-one FM loader

Let me add myself to the list of hate. I would love System Shock 2 support as well. Please!

Kay, got a better fix in for the horizontal lines: they now only extend to twice current screen width, which is well below the point of triggering the problem, and zoom is also capped to a lower and upper bound. That means if you zoom out really far, they'll be revealed as not extending all across the screen, but whatever, if you zoom out far enough for that then you can't read anything anyway.

Also added clickable links.

SS2 support written down in the todo after a dramatic scream to the sky.

OK, I cannot replicate this. I deleted and copied it over again. Either I'm not doing this right or I'm seeing taffing stars.

Alright. Sounds like it was just a UI hitch, where it detected the game type correctly but just didn't refresh the list. As far as I can tell and as far as I've specced it, it's always supposed to refresh the list after an automatic game type scan, but not for a manual "click-on-a-blank-game-type-FM-and-it-scans-just-that-one" scan. That's so that you can move through the list without FMs disappearing out from under you. But that's only if you cancel an auto-scan, cause otherwise you should never be left with blank-game-type FMs in the list. Anyway, if you or anyone else experiences this sort of thing again, please let me know and try to note down what you did in as much detail as possible.

Otherwise, version 1.0.2 is up!

Regarding your problems with RichTextBox, have you thought about using an alternative?
    Maybe try looking at TX Text Control Express, it is 100% free and it supports RTF and HTML in the free version:
    https://www.textcontrol.com/sites/tx...ntrol-express/

The free version is of course limited in various ways, so I don't know if it's missing anything you need for AngelLoader or if it conflicts with your license model.

Quote Originally Posted by The Elusive One View Post
    Regarding your problems with RichTextBox, have you thought about using an alternative?
    Maybe try looking at TX Text Control Express, it is 100% free and it supports RTF and HTML in the free version:
    https://www.textcontrol.com/sites/tx...ntrol-express/

The free version is of course limited in various ways, so I don't know if it's missing anything you need for AngelLoader or if it conflicts with your license model.
    Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try, though reading the license I'm uncertain about their wording in regards to open source apps. If I find it works well, maybe I'll just contact them for clarification.

After updating to 1.0.2 and starting AL, I see only an empty progress bar and nothing happens anymore:

I'm not sure if the many archives are the reason or accessing from a network drive. In 1.0.1 there was also this empty progress bar, but after a few minutes it disappeared and the scan progress began.

The log file is not helpful, I fear:

Code:
    04/12/2019 19:41:18 Started session
    Edit: After waiting for 10 minutes I closed AL with task manager. After restarting there's no empty progress bar anymore. No idea what was wrong with me, but maybe the problem could happen again someday. Then I would report it.
    Last edited by PsymH; 12th Apr 2019 at 14:07.

If you could, can you try this test version:

http://fenphoenix.com/apps/AngelLoad...er_v1.0.2a.zip

After updating, go into your Data folder and rename FMData.ini to FMData.ini.bak and then start AL and see if it happens again, and there should be more log messages now. (when you're done you'll need to delete the new FMData.ini, if it exists, and rename FMData.ini.bak back to FMData.ini)

Network speed could be a problem, but a blank progress box shouldn't be happening even in that case.

Well, I fixed what I could find, so a new version is up: 1.0.3

I can't get angel loader past the setup. It won't accept any fm backup path I put in. Is this a bug? What do I do?

Edit: I just hit ok and it went past it. So how do I bring over my comments from Newdarkloader? It don't have a .ini folder that I know of?
    Last edited by Stingm; 13th Apr 2019 at 23:51.

Click the Import From... button. Choose one or more NewDarkLoader.ini files (one for each game you're using it with), click OK. It will import all your data.

You'll find NewDarkLoader.ini files in the FMs folder inside your Thief game folders. So, if you were using NewDarkLoader in C:\Games\Thief2, you want the ini file C:\Games\Thief2\FMs\NewDarkLoader.ini

Incidentally, it's the same thing for FMSel, but you'd be looking for fmsel.ini in that case.

Now that you mention it, I guess that isn't necessarily obvious. I'll put it on the todo list to make that process more user-friendly.

Thanks that helped a lot. The only thing left is where is that file for thief 3? I can't find it.

Should be in C:\ProgramData\Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade\Installed FMs

Edit: And that's a hidden folder, so yeah, I'm really gonna have to improve this.

Edit2: Added .ini file autodetect for importing. v1.0.4a is up.
    Last edited by FenPhoenix; 14th Apr 2019 at 04:14.

Tafferific job, Fen

a couple of questions, I usually enlarge the readme font three or four times, but when I close angelloader and then reopen it, it doesn't stay that way or revert to the original size, instead I find the biggest possible font size.
    I'm using version 1.04a but it happened with earlier ones too. windows 7 sp1 home edition

second thing, let's say I'm using angelloader and I download a new mission and put it in my Fms folder, is there a way to rescan/refresh the fms without closing and reopening the program? cause if I click "Scan all FMs" I don't see the new mission

Thanks fen I think I'm all set now. The auto detect did the trick.

Ramone there is a refresh button and I believe it should find the new mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramone View Post
    Tafferific job, Fen

a couple of questions, I usually enlarge the readme font three or four times, but when I close angelloader and then reopen it, it doesn't stay that way or revert to the original size, instead I find the biggest possible font size.
    I'm using version 1.04a but it happened with earlier ones too. windows 7 sp1 home edition
    That's really odd. Can you do the following for me:
    -Open AL and set the zoom to how you want it (ie, not the maximum possible size)
    -Close AL
    -Go into your Data folder and open Config.ini, find the line "ReadmeZoomFactor=" (should be at the bottom) and tell me what the value is
    -Open AL again
    -Close it without doing anything, and then go into the Config.ini file again and tell me what the value is now

second thing, let's say I'm using angelloader and I download a new mission and put it in my Fms folder, is there a way to rescan/refresh the fms without closing and reopening the program? cause if I click "Scan all FMs" I don't see the new mission
    Not currently, but I'll add it. As an obsessive "keep everything closed unless I'm using it right this minute" type person, I didn't consider that people might want to refresh while it's running, but it's super easy to add that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    Thanks fen I think I'm all set now. The auto detect did the trick.

Ramone there is a refresh button and I believe it should find the new mission.
    hey Stingm, thought so too, but that's for filters only

Quote Originally Posted by FenPhoenix View Post
    That's really odd. Can you do the following for me:
    -Open AL and set the zoom to how you want it (ie, not the maximum possible size)
    -Close AL
    -Go into your Data folder and open Config.ini, find the line "ReadmeZoomFactor=" (should be at the bottom) and tell me what the value is
    -Open AL again
    -Close it without doing anything, and then go into the Config.ini file again and tell me what the value is now

Not currently, but I'll add it. As an obsessive "keep everything closed unless I'm using it right this minute" type person, I didn't consider that people might want to refresh while it's running, but it's super easy to add that.
    ok, first value is 1.301 and the second is 5

repeated it and same values.

Okay, I had an idea of what the zoom problem might possibly be caused by, so I did some work and added more logging. I also added a "refresh from disk" button. v1.0.5

My idea is that the zoom value was being parsed in a culture-specific way, and was being read as "1,301" (one thousand three hundred and one) and then being capped to 5. It's always been written out correctly to always have the dot (1.301) but I had forgotten to explicitly read it in the same way. That's the only reason I can think of, because the code that actually sets the value is extremely simple and appears to be correct.
    Last edited by FenPhoenix; 14th Apr 2019 at 19:06.

oh it was reading 1301 with a maximum possible of 5. well that's solved.
    the refresh button works too and I'm gonna use that all the time. thanks!

Good to hear!

PsymH, I caught your "empty progress box" issue happening and I believe I've fixed it. v1.0.5a

Yeah, looking forward for further testing. Thank's for you support. :-)

This is so nice, well done Fen,but i only can seem to play Thief Gold so far,For Thief 2 i get the message(FM install path not specified or not found,unable to install)
    i've never had this problem before,what can i do to fix this?
    i feel a bit stupid now

What version are you using, and can I see your log file (AngelLoader_log.txt)?

Quote Originally Posted by griswold View Post
    This is so nice, well done Fen,but i only can seem to play Thief Gold so far,For Thief 2 i get the message(FM install path not specified or not found,unable to install)
    i've never had this problem before,what can i do to fix this?
    i feel a bit stupid now
    this happened to me, it was solved when I created a folder called "FMs" in my Thief2\ directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast