TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ghostbusters The Video Game

I bet they are wishing they would have left it shitcanned. I know we were all (mostly) eager to get our hands on it, but wow did it end up mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    It came out for the PC awhile ago. I bought it and quit (temporarily) out of frustration over the typical substandard console port issues (shit controls, poor optimization).

I've been meaning to return to it.
    I did the same, but went back and stuck it out. Level design is piss poor for a game in this generation, with invisible barriers in areas you wouldn't expect. Graphically it isn't spectacular, sometimes it looks very weak.

For the console version I would rent it, since you can't do that with PC I would at the very least try a demo. Some of the dialogue is actually entertaining if not hilarious. When you hear the same quips upteen times you start to wish for an option to turn it off.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by gunsmoke View Post
    I bet they are wishing they would have left it shitcanned.
    It was never cancelled, only dropped by its publisher.

Also considering that the game sold relatively well in just 2.5 weeks (for a licensed game based on a film franchise that hasn't seen a sequel in 20 years), I'd guess that Atari don't regret their decision of picking up the publishing rights.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

The Ghostbusters Remaster seems to be a scam. The original and remastered versions look almost identical to my naked eye.

Like the original PC port, none of the "remastered" versions have co-op MP for campaign. I suspect that they just took the original PC version and just ported it to current gen platforms.

There's articles suggesting that the co-op MP for the "remaster" will be patched in later, but it's been months since release and there's been no news.
    https://mp1st.com/news/ghostbusters-...worked-by-devs

If my suspicions are correct, no wonder they took the 1 year exclusivity Epic Game Store bribe. It's hard to pull the wool over the eye of a lot of PC gamers. This would probably be sitting as a Mixed average for user reviews right now on Steam.

The improvements seem to be entirely framerate and resolution on consoles (and removal of co-op MP) and zilch on PC.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123