TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: FILLUM: Amelie

FILLUM: Amelie

You must see this film.

Indeed.

---

]IMB0[0P

"I suppose there will be a war now. All that running around and shooting people. You'd think that sooner or later it would go out of fashion."

Convince me.
    colcob
    The Narcissus Entity
    [!]

Okay, I'll give it a go...

I saw it at a preview last week and it's a stunner.

Directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet, and if you've seen "Delicatessen" or "City of the Lost Children", I need say no more.

If you remember the Santa sequence from the latter, this film is like that for 2+ hours but with fantastic dreams instead of nightmares.

The garden gnome running gag alone is worth 5 of your money.

Like a mating between "It's a Wonderful Life" and "Beautiful Creatures" in "En Chen Andalou"'s backyard.

FWIW, EMPIRE Magazine UK (Nov 2001) gave it ***** and it's now sitting pretty at #134 in IMDB's top 250 movies of all time.
    http://us.imdb.com/Details?0211915

Howzat?

---

]IMB0[0P

"Who do I have to f*ck to get off this boat?"

"I can get you off. Maybe not the boat..."

I went to see this on Friday, I was laughing most of the way through.

You want reasons to see it?

- It's beautifully shot, makes the best of the environment. The scene set around the Sacre Coeur at the top of Monmartre were especially good. Seeing beautiful things is good.

- It's very funny. The humour is quirky and gentle. Laughing is a good thing.

- It makes me like the French more.

I've read some reviews of it that complained about the lack of realism and one that complained that it didn't depict the high level of unemployment in Paris. They missed the point, it's not supposed to be realistic.

The film is like closing your eyes on a warm summer eve feeling the soft wind creeping under your shirt from behind and sending shivers down your spine while you listen to birds singing and the trees rustling, and smell the warm rain of earlier today mixed with the first flowers and the soft grass.

Originally posted by CIM:
    The film is like closing your eyes...
    Goddam, you put that a hell of a lot better than I did. Sir, I salute you.

"Hey, Martial Arts Fans, are you ready to have your guts kicked out?"

I saw this film on saturday with my (French) girlfriend. It's absolutely magnificent, and I don't say that lightly about a film.
    It's typically French in it's humour, but that's no bad thing. Fleur and I were LOL'ing all the way through. It sets out it's stall from the word go, and just doesn't stop.
    One of the funniest films I've seen. Even better if you can understand some of the French.
    [!] - Weapons & Science Officer