TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: New leaked Dark Project screenshots?

New leaked Dark Project screenshots?

Saw these screenshots today on Instagram, from the Dark Project (Thief 1 Alpha), 1997. There's a few I hadn't seen before, including the Mage one. Can anyone confirm if these are brand new and someone out there has the game prototype, or are they just old shots?

I don't recognize the mage one but I've seen at least a few of those before. I think there's video footage with the 2D bow hand out there somewhere.

I did see a couple other Mage ones before (looked like a prototype of the Mage towers, which was scrapped for TDP, but brought back in TG), but not this one.
    The crossbow footage has been around for a while yeah

Was it possible that the mages mission and the opera one were planned for TDP release?

Clearinghouse

They look like some alpha material. You can notice, that there's still software mode on and the location doesn't look like anything from the full game.

Quote Originally Posted by ajay View Post
    They look like some alpha material. You can notice, that there's still software mode on and the location doesn't look like anything from the full game.
    That's actually a part of the early Bafford map. It changed a lot since; I do sometimes wish they hadn't had to seal off all the walkways in Bafford's for performance; it would've felt much cooler with open parts from which to see the city around.

ZylonBane
    Are you sure they weren't sealed off to better control the player's movements?

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    Aaah, what a treasure trove!

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    That makes more sense than performance

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    Perhaps. I have a vague memory of someone mentioning it was for performance in an old interview, but who or when or where I wouldn't know. I could easily be wrong, it happens sometimes.

Be really neat if someone who worked on this were to release the old builds of The Dark Project. Not so much because it would be a great game to play but because it would be interesting to see first hand how the development of this game changed over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Buccura View Post
    Be really neat if someone who worked on this were to release the old builds of The Dark Project. Not so much because it would be a great game to play but because it would be interesting to see first hand how the development of this game changed over time.
    They really should, and people could reuse the maps for FM's. I wonder who has those old builds?