TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Synthesizers (and other pro audio stuff)

verbose douchebag
    There's definitely some magic going on in Moog circuitry somewhere.

This is what my imagined setup is shaping up to right now.
    It's an interesting thought process, trying to find the best mix that fits one's sensibility.

Edit: This isn't what you'd call efficient. It's like two semi-standalone systems, so it's duplicating almost everything (osc., waveshaping, filters, envelopes, LFOs, sequencers, etc.). But I had an intuition that they could run in sync with each other and play off of or complement each other well, since they still have their own sound and approach. I was thinking the Mother 32 would be a kind of solid backbone structure and the Swarm some crazy layer on top of it with some edge. I was originally thinking about the Subharmonicon, but watching the videos of that, that's really unstable and it's hard to make it play nice if you're just improving on it, so it's definitely never going to fit with another system where you have to claw on to stability. But it did make me think two independent sequencers that worked off each other (e.g., triggering each other's reset or advance trigger) could have some cool polyrythmic effects while still keeping everything in a harmonic neighborhood not derailing the harmony like the Subharm. could.

And for rhythm the Erica Sample Drum is like a mini Digitakt that just lets you gets a nice drum loop in to do the job, and you can cut it up and switch it around. Then there's a mixer and the Expert Sleepers Disting mk4 is a kind of multitool utility that just packs a lot of random utilities all together.

Last edited by demagogue; 22nd Dec 2020 at 02:41.

verbose douchebag
    Wow. Instruō just released 17 free modules for VCV Rack: https://library.vcvrack.com/?query=&...&tag=&license=

Yeah I just saw that. Omri Cohen put out a video walking through them. I haven't watched it all yet, but I like what I hear & I like their style.

Whoa, I haven't been to the VCV Rack site in awhile. There are a metric fuckton of modules now.

It's interesting that they didn't include most of their purely digital models like their looper or granular processor, which could actually probably be pretty close if not exact replicas. I wonder how their virtual analog modules compare to their actual analog ones.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678