TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: NVMetaTrap and Stimulus

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli

NVMetaTrap and Stimulus

Objects will be created ingame.
    They will get a metaproperty when created. The metaproperty will be removed later.

This setup is working fine

Code:
    NVRelayTrapOn="Create";NVRelayTrapTDest="[Me]"; NVMetaTrapOn="Create"; NVMetaTrapMeta="Z-FemZombie4"; NVRelayTrapDelay=1000; NVRelayTrapOff="Turnon"; NVRelayTrapTOn="Turnoff"
    The issue is that I need a certain stim intensity instead of "create", because there are different objects. This doesn't work

NVMetaTrapOn="[2.00]EarthStimStimulus"; NVMetaTrapOn="[2.00]EarthStim"

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    If each object is a unique archetype, you could put a one-shot source of the stim you need of the appropriate intensity, which will fire once when the object is created. You may have a race condition with that firing and adding the metaprop, so you might want max firings to be 2 with a few hundred msecs delay.

I don't think an NV trap can check the stim intensity, only the stim in general. E.g. NVMetaTrapOn="EarthStimStimulus" which activates on any intensity. To get that working the object must have a receptron whose effect is 'send to scripts'.

The object created has a stim radius. It was firing twice then destroyed itself. The stim activated some more stuff, so it was working.
    I was sending the stim to script, but this setup wasn't reliable. Stim radius seems to work randomly in this case.
    I've seen that setup in the FM Falling Down. There it was used many times.

I skipped the setup and made a complicated setup with a lot of S&R. Very oldschool, very much work. Now it's working.

Thanks for the input.

I have a theory that the radius option doesn't always work in a 360° area around the object with a source. I'll have to conduct some tests later.

One question I have with S&R... Is it bad to have a source firing every 5 seconds throughout the entire gameplay? Can this contribute to framerate loss over time?

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    Is it bad to have a source firing every 5 seconds throughout the entire gameplay? Can this contribute to framerate loss over time?
    Depends what happens. If a metaproperty will be added again and again, this can cause lags, because new objects can be created until the bag is full.
    We had some cases like this in the past, for example M-AlertCapHigh was added to guards over and over again.

I'd recommend to let it fire when needed.

In my fm there are three that shoot out a source stim every five seconds, but the receptron does nothing more tjan slay an object or two.

I had the same problem with my last mission & had too many instances of a custom metaproperty added, but since they were temporary I made them self-delete after the needed time.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    I don't think an NV trap can check the stim intensity, only the stim in general. E.g. NVMetaTrapOn="EarthStimStimulus" which activates on any intensity. To get that working the object must have a receptron whose effect is 'send to scripts'.
    This.

You can send a stim via the "[2.00]EarthStim" syntax, but in order for it to be used to activate an NVTrap script, you'll need to use the Send To Scripts receptron with the appropriate intensities (e.g. a range with 2.00 inside of it), and then have the traps listen for "EarthStimSimulus".