TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why broheadarrows freeze in mid air?

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Please post info_window again.

Open the mission, go in game mode and walk around for some minutes, shoot some arrows until one of them will get stuck in the air. Then copy monolog (everything) and post it in code tags or upload a txt file.

If you want me to test it, then upload your work in progress. I fixed some nasty arrow stuck-in-the-air issues recently.

I'm going to do a fresh install before I try anything else. I duscovered something new besides the stuck arrows and inability to drop flashbombs...

If I KO an AI I can pick him up, but when released the AI just floats. However if I kill the AI and then pick up/drop the AI, he drops to the ground with no bounce.

I'll report back after I reinstall Thief 2.

I have the same problem here in 1.27. I tried everything, but nothing helps. When I go in game mode first time everything is OK, but second time the arrows, the KOed Ai's etc just floating in the air. Now I try in an early version in ND...

Edit: I tried in 1.25 and the same thing happens. Also I tried one of my recent mission made in 1.25 which was fine and after a lot of game modes there is no problem. Looks like it's a mission specific bug...
    Last edited by Sensut; 22nd Sep 2019 at 05:59.

I was using 1.25 and the arrows got stuck. After installing 1.27 I got the same issue. I wonder if it has anything to do with the physics engine.

Something with physics for sure and the question is that how will affect the real game? My mission is almost ready for beta and now I observed this issue, and even the emitter traps are affected. I put an emitter trap with broadhead and when I tested in game was fine. Then I adjusted it's angle a little bit and worked no more and in same time all falling objects, arrows, shots were frozen in the air. Later I tried again in game and was OK. Now I want to setup a beta pack and test it in real game to see how the mission works and this bug will be present there?

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    I have the same problem here in 1.27. I tried everything, but nothing helps. When I go in game mode first time everything is OK, but second time the arrows, the KOed Ai's etc just floating in the air.
    Reload? You mean you set gam_mode_backup 0, played for some minutes, back again in game mode and you see floating objects?

Yes and I had to restart Dromed in order to get things right. But I found something. I had an object without Rotation, Location set and every time when I entered in game that falled down and I got a yellow message in monolog that the respective object is out of world and physics are disabled. Finally I corrected it and the whole floating bug disappeared as well for now, since then not happened. It would be strange if this would the source of a global problem, there is not much chance to be so, but the bug hasn't happened since. Anyway, I made a test in real game on a totally different Thief install and looks like the real game is not affected. Saved, reloaded, exited, restarted several times and there was no such problem with my FM, and I don't really care about it because I finished the mission anyway. I'll look forward to the beta testers report and I hope that they will confirm it. If something changes, I'll tell you.

John, did you reinstall Thief 2, and if so, did it resolve this bug?

Sensut, I'm very enthusiastic to play your next FM. If you find a solution, please be sure to post it here!

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    I was using 1.25 and the arrows got stuck. After installing 1.27 I got the same issue. I wonder if it has anything to do with the physics engine.
    Yes I'm now using 1.27. I noticed that my monolog has about 20 of the same 'object out of world' lines as Sensut mentioned, but they don't appear every time I go into game mode. I'll check each object and see what's going on.

Correcting that object's position unfortunately did not solve the problem and the arrow and other dropped objects freezing still came out a few times after that, but now is absolutely certain that this issue does not affect the real game. Still I don't know what could caused it, but one thing is sure, my gamesys is too old. I use the same gamesys for years since New Dark was released, just clean up a bit before every new mission and probably something messed up in it. It is time to setup a brand new gamesys and I hope I will not run into anything like this anymore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12