TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Random thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    We usually didn't have to take cards out of the deck at the beginning, but it was pretty much the same exact game.
    I do not remember what the game was like when we got first introduced to it, but it started to evolve quite fast due to frequent play (lots of free time to kill in dorms when the computer-wing of the school got closed early). Having to remove some random cards from the deck was one of the things we ourselves introduced to it - to help prevent draws coming from 4-same-value-card-discard clashing with "exam" mechanics.

The random card removal and multiple card cheat (which seems to be a very common variant) are the only changes i know for sure we made ourselves. Maybe the "exam" part was also our modification (?). Don't remember. Have not seen anything like that mentioned anywhere else - unless i am blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    There are lots of games like this...
    My google-fu must be craptastic. How did you find it?

Quote Originally Posted by zombe View Post
    My google-fu must be craptastic. How did you find it?
    I've played lots of card games with people from all kinds of places. A deck of cards used to be an easy and cheap source of entertainment before it was replaced by everyone staring at their smartphone screens. And this game has a name that's extra memorable, because you have to say it during the game.

It was in the movie "Failure to Launch". Pretty awful movie but had a few mildly amusing parts. Mostly we play trash talk Uno which is the same as regular Uno but with outlandish pronouncements of dominance and immanent victory which are nearly always proven immediately wrong.

I just got banned from facebook for a day. Someone asked a question and I answered it honestly and straight forward with no nonsense. Then they said they didn't care. So I said "Wait. You posted just to show your stupidity on a subject? Well done. You succeeded." And then they reported me and of course facebook in it's wisdom has chosen to have no humor or cognitive ability. It truly is a crappy system they have set up. Republicans will fish for photos of yours they can deface and place online for simply posting links to reputable news which debunks whatever lies Trump has claimed twenty times a day but facebook will never take YOUR OWN PHOTOS which have been stolen down. They suck. They seem to be set up to allow for abuse. Of course a lot of this could be avoided if I just let the Russian trolls and white nationalist get away with lying or if I used a fake account. Facebook has shut down the ability to create fake accounts to some degree but it's not impossible as any Internet Research Agency operative can tell you. It's just made it harder on the honest folks.

Still not going to shut me up. I'll just use words like ignorance or reasoning disabled or something. I'll have to test those out when they let me back on.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123