TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 89

Thread: NEW TG FM: Down in the Old Vault (12 Nov 2019)

  1. #51
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2008
    Location: UK
    Thank you vegetables for a very enjoyable mission.

    I did find the streets a bit repetitive and despite the map not that easy to navigate (I get lost easy ) - maybe some added landmarks could help - but all the action was mainly inside, up high or below ground so not a big deal in my view. An excellent mix of puzzles and some great exploring and climbing. Also some nice attention to detail added - the pile of worthless plates with a gold one hidden beneath; picking up the worthless vase in the bookcase in one of the tellers offices to have the end book fall (don't know if I've seen that before in a mission!).

    Sure to play any future missions you make



    @Urumo - I'm still 150 or so short on loot but checking high windows may help with more loot. I got a Bonus objective for finding Five precariously placed gold goblets.

  2. #52
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2003
    Location: Switzerland
    Sagittal:

    Thank you for the tips - I'm on my way...
    Greetings, urumo

    Me again: found ALL.

    Did you see the statue on a ledge opposite the abandoned factory? Did you find the roof terrace and attic at Bronsons estate?
    Last edited by Urumo; 17th Nov 2019 at 12:41. Reason: additional remark

  3. #53
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2004
    Location: Cape Breton Nova Scotia Canada
    Vegetables,

    This was the most fun I've had in a long time.

    I played this on expert with no knockouts at all and man did it make this fun to play. Very excellent mission.

  4. #54
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2006
    Thanks, Dirk, can't believe I missed that...

  5. #55
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2018
    Location: Melbourne, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by xenomorf View Post
    Thanks, Dirk, can't believe I missed that...
    Ha, don't feel too bad -- even though I found the Keeper key/chapel and the out-of-bounds house with the Explosive Charge, I only found the proper entrance to that room after I broke down the door with my sword! Just like Tomb of St Tennor, lots of secrets to reward replays in this one.

  6. #56
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2008
    Location: UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Urumo View Post
    Sagittal:

    Me again: found ALL.

    Did you see the statue on a ledge opposite the abandoned factory? Did you find the roof terrace and attic at Bronsons estate?

    Thanks Urumo - good job! I think I have been to/robbed all those places you mentioned but still 120 loot short - reckon I'll call it a day on this very fun mission or maybe wait for a lootlist if one gets published. I did deliberately trigger the bank alarm as I thought I might be able to get into Peters, the Guard Captain's room as he appears after the alarm goes off but the room's still inaccessible.

  7. #57
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2003
    Location: Switzerland
    Sagittal:

    I've sent you PM with a very rough Lootlist.
    Greetings, Urumo

  8. #58
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2009
    Location: thiefgold.com
    Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    Azaran you need to find a Keeper key, it's not far from where you are.

    Thanks!

    Any idea where I can find a key for this guy's room?

  9. #59
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Thanks!

    Any idea where I can find a key for this guy's room?
    In the room that you went out the window of to the ledge you're at, look up. You'll eventually enter that room without a key and pick up the key you see in that picture.

  10. #60
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2006
    So, I've got the code for the vault, and I know where two of the switches are located but I'm assuming the third switch
    spoiler:
    is downstairs in the locked office of the head security guy? Any hints for how to get in that door since I seem to be missing a key for that...

  11. #61
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2010
    Location: Beyond boundaries of Magia
    Good job on this one. This FM certainly has well-formed Thief atmosphere and plays smooth.
    Decided to point out about my personal impressions while been playing it. Note that it's only my subjective opinion...

    - The custom assets it features blend very well and do not alienate the overall atmosphere. Very good;
    - The bank was built very good and overall I loved the interiors. The garden between the Bank and mansion looked amazing;
    - The wide streets may look mostly empty and flat at first notice... Although, flatness is compensated by the heights and ability to traverse the interiors through the windows;
    - Some details didn't impress me though, such as like sharp-cornered wedge tudor turrets - they could look more smooth, and a tiny interior inside the brush with a small iron beam -- reminds me of Undercover, but doesn't serve any structure purpose in my opinion;
    - The interiors, as been mentioned, were great... except for one thing - plenty of fake doors, which is in my subjective opinion kinda alienates the atmosphere;


    Well, I think it's good, I felt it's been a little rushed someplaces though, but overall this FM pictures the Thief atmosphere real fine.

    My rating is 8/10. A job's well done.

  12. #62
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2009
    Location: thiefgold.com
    Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    In the room that you went out the window of to the ledge you're at, look up. You'll eventually enter that room without a key and pick up the key you see in that picture.
    Got it thanks.

    I'm trying to get up here, but even with crate stacking I can't mantle up. Is there any way onto this area?

  13. #63
    Member
    Registered: Sep 1999
    Location: Texas, hhhwweeee hawww
    Finished it. Loved it. It gave me some good ol feelings again. Loved the underground area, neat ideas there. Wish it were larger!

    Great work!

  14. #64
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by xenomorf View Post
    So, I've got the code for the vault, and I know where two of the switches are located but I'm assuming the third switch
    spoiler:
    is downstairs in the locked office of the head security guy? Any hints for how to get in that door since I seem to be missing a key for that...
    Who says you need a key?

    Some fresh air might be sufficent...

    (also: the office of the security chief isn't downstairs...)

  15. #65
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Got it thanks.

    I'm trying to get up here, but even with crate stacking I can't mantle up. Is there any way onto this area?
    There is another way: From within the building.

    Remember the thin corridor with nothing much in it? Except for a few lamps? That hang from wooden beams...?

  16. #66
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Calibrator View Post
    Who says you need a key?

    Some fresh air might be sufficent...

    (also: the office of the security chief isn't downstairs...)
    Hmm, well, I can't bash the doors in and a complete walkaround of the bank hasn't shown me anything new so, I'm obviously missing something here. A more direct hint, please?

  17. #67
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2018
    Location: Melbourne, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by xenomorf View Post
    Hmm, well, I can't bash the doors in and a complete walkaround of the bank hasn't shown me anything new so, I'm obviously missing something here. A more direct hint, please?
    Check the Meeting Room directly south of the Security office. The open window is not merely an exit

  18. #68
    Member
    Registered: May 2016
    Where is Randolph's safety deposit box key?

    Edit: Nevermind, no contrast on where I was suppose to be looking.

    Where exactly is the Keeper key?

    Edit: Nevermind, don't follow the gargoyles all the way.
    Last edited by SuaveSteve; 20th Nov 2019 at 16:23.

  19. #69
    New Member
    Registered: Nov 2019
    Just finished the mission and wow, I really liked it!
    The main criticisms I have have already been covered in the thread The streets are too barren and flat, maybe add some elevation changes or stuff like the wooden ramp near the sewer access. The layouts for Fitzgerald and the Bank are kind of lackluster, and yeah the stairs are immersion-breakingly steep. That one wooden spiral staircase is really iffy too.

    So I'll go over what I liked. Despite me saying I didn't really like the bank layout, the premise of a pagan temple being converted into a bank is ridiculously interesting, and I had a big smile on my face when I read its history. Speaking of, the old vault is really good, with some of the best visuals in the map. Really the underground portions are both wonderful. The sewers have a nice variety in their rooms so exploring them doesn't feel repetitive or dull. Really, none of the mission felt all that repetitive or boring, even though I spent a good three hours on it.

    The scripting has already been praised, and I'll add to it. The fact that you can buy a cache is really neat, as is the keyring. Other minor touches like the sausage links, the climbable vines, and the vase really left a mark on me and add to the memorability of the mission. All in all, a really good mission that, despite a few hangups, is overflowing with charm.

    Also I caught that Dril reference you sly dog~

  20. #70
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2009
    Location: thiefgold.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Calibrator View Post
    There is another way: From within the building.

    Remember the thin corridor with nothing much in it? Except for a few lamps? That hang from wooden beams...?
    Aaah, missed that thanks!

    Amazing mission. I pretty much finished everything, but somehow am still over 1000 loot short (I went to Bronson's, found the statue on the ledge, explored the old vault, and got all the deposit boxes except one)
    The only key I couldn't find is for deposit box 15. Is there a secret stash somewhere I might have missed?

  21. #71
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Amazing mission. I pretty much finished everything, but somehow am still over 1000 loot short (I went to Bronson's, found the statue on the ledge, explored the old vault, and got all the deposit boxes except one)
    The only key I couldn't find is for deposit box 15. Is there a secret stash somewhere I might have missed?
    You should already have the client list, don't you?

    The entry for deposit box 15 contains the clue: The key has been robbed.

    But by whom? Some robbers, evidently. And where would these robbers hide? In some abandoned building, for example...

    In this situation the map gives a hint, too.

  22. #72
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2006
    Thanks again, Dirk - man, I must be losing my thief-y edge...

  23. #73
    New Member
    Registered: Aug 2019
    Location: Seattle, WA
    Great mission. Took me a little under two hours, blind ironman. There were some legit surprises. Good story, use of ambients, and custom resources. Yes, the streets were just a bit stark - maybe some weather effects could help there. Overall a great level. Hope to see more from you.

  24. #74
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2014
    Location: In Cragscleft
    Lover the mission soo far.
    The question I have so far is in the thief's note, what pipe is he talking about?
    Any help would be appreciated.

    EDIT: Nevermind, I found it.
    Last edited by TheDarkOne93; 22nd Nov 2019 at 19:10.

  25. #75
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkOne93 View Post
    Lover the mission soo far.
    The question I have so far is in the thief's note, what pipe is he talking about?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    First room of factory, upstairs, climb on cistern.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •