TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: T2 FM - Compulsory Egress [20 July 2019]

@frobbin hood: I just installed NewDarkLoader 1.5.8 to test myself. The Google Drive .7z file installs and plays correctly.

Worst case, can you make a folder manually where all your other FMs are, and extract the contents?

If that doesn't play in NewDarkLoader, perhaps try using FMSEL (simply add a semicolon ( ; ) to the start of fm_selector NewDarkLoader.dll line in cam_mod.ini).

If that doesn't work either, I'd advise a clean install of Thief 2. If you have it on GOG.com, that version works without any other software or patches.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBogan View Post
    @frobbin hood: I just installed NewDarkLoader 1.5.8 to test myself. The Google Drive .7z file installs and plays correctly.
    Confirmed. Works for me with NewDarkLoader as well.

During the last months, I have sometimes read postings here and on the german forums saying that the one or other mission wouldn't work with FMSel or NewDarkLoader, but which gave me no problems. I wonder whether it's a coincidence.

Ah, thanks.

I had downloaded the zip version. Now using 7z and it's Ok.

Sometimes, when making an FM, not everything goes the way you expect it. Sometimes, you link an object to an AI the wrong way:
    https://streamable.com/kggil

Sometimes, when making an FM, not everything goes the way you expect it. Sometimes, you link an object to an AI the wrong way:
    https://streamable.com/kggil
    I would be doing the same, if I had a burning lamp stuck to my a**se! Maybe except that I would be more likely screaming, not peacefully humming....

Now that's what I call a true b-boy style

This is a first mission?? I somehow missed this one earlier this year. I spent about an hour yesterday morning just exploring. Amazing.

More of these, please!!!

A job well done on this FM. I found the exploration aspect incredibly enjoyable, though I'm sure I missed some areas. I would definitely offer this as a recommended playthrough to anyone.

A really great first mission; thoroughly enjoyable. I loved the changes in elevation and areas of serene tranquility up above the
    spoiler:
    Grand Old Hall House,
    loads of areas for exploration and thought that the main areas were extremely well executed and with an engaging story line.
    The Council building was as confusing as hell - but in a good way. I feel that the author captured the chaos and imminent decay of the town exceptionally well and look forward to any future releases. After completing Korthak's brace before this I was delighted to find this one next.

After searching high and low (and lower) I have exhausted my loot bagging on Normal level and I am slightly disappointed to have achieved just 8168/10090 and for the life of me I just cannot find any more*.

* 7 1/2 hours in and back to scouring the Council chambers, sewers and nooks and crannies I am up to 9087/10090 loot and still thoroughly enjoying this FM**.

Love the message up high near the Grand Old Hall House, and no, I couldn't have made it I reckon without the speed potion it wasn't "easy" for me.

**A slight increase in the loot tally; after crawling around going over old ground 9212/10090 and I found Dewdrop too. Although it's located in an area 'out of bounds'. Also discovered four Bowmen, three of whom I hadn't anticipated who were definitely not very pleased to see me either. Have to get some nice screenshots as the FM looks even better the higher one gets.
    Last edited by Duffer; 13th Dec 2019 at 18:40. Reason: Additions

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456