TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Decline of the Debate and the Rise of the Far Left and Right

Putin DID win our election.

*Ka*Bullshit*

Sorry had to sneeze.

Moderator and Priest
    What kind of stupid sneeze was that? Sounds like you're trying to suck the snot right back up in your face.

That's cuz everyone knows Drumpf is a Russian agent!...

...just like Tulsi Gabbard!...

If Hillary says you're a Russian agent, then you're a Russian agent!

Hillary 2020!...

Moderator and Priest
    Okay, that meme's actually pretty funny.

In a shrill and desperate way?

And yes Iceman, Putin wanted Trump to win and hacked the DNC to do it so yes, Putin won. Our CIA says it happened. We not only have trace evidence but agents and defectors who back that up.

So wipe the snot off your face and face it.

Moderator and Priest
    The whole Russian interference thing is but one point out of many that ended up serving to benefit Trump. Putin's activities were more aimed towards stoking an already easily riled crowd, and probably didn't do much overall to swing the election in Trump's favor. It was basically a viral marketing campaign meant primarily to sow discord and paranoia, not convince Jenny the Suburban Soccer Mom to vote straight ticket Republican.

If I were to pick two things as being responsible for Hillary losing in 2016, it'd be Hillary herself, and her lackluster campaigning in the Rust Belt, assumed to be surefire wins to be taken for granted, but ended up being the very states that gave Trump his narrow victory, and James Comey for reopening the case into Hillary's email server a bare week before the election.

I'd say the DNC leaks came pretty handy at the time too. Remember, this was when Lord Dampnut was caught on tape openly bragging about sexually assaulting women. In fact, the first batch was published on the same day.

And that's nothing to say about the whole Cambridge Analytica thing and Lord Dampnut's campaign manager giving polling data to Russians.

Moderator and Priest
    Yeah, the DNC leaks didn't help either. Though didn't the Cambridge Analytica reveal come well after the election?

Yes, I think it was in 2018 when we found out they had mined Facebook users' data without their consent.

Anyway, I would not underestimate the degree to which Russia ratfucked the US election. The public portion of the Mueller Report alone paints a pretty damning picture.

Moderator and Priest
    I'm hoping at some point they end up siding with a Democrat, cuz then everyone'll start taking it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    The whole Russian interference thing is but one point out of many that ended up serving to benefit Trump. Putin's activities were more aimed towards stoking an already easily riled crowd, and probably didn't do much overall to swing the election in Trump's favor. It was basically a viral marketing campaign meant primarily to sow discord and paranoia, not convince Jenny the Suburban Soccer Mom to vote straight ticket Republican.

If I were to pick two things as being responsible for Hillary losing in 2016, it'd be Hillary herself, and her lackluster campaigning in the Rust Belt, assumed to be surefire wins to be taken for granted, but ended up being the very states that gave Trump his narrow victory, and James Comey for reopening the case into Hillary's email server a bare week before the election.
    That's a remarkably cogent take. Keep in mind they were backing race-baiting organizations like Black Lives Matter with the aim of sowing racial discord in the United States.

Fun fact: Hillary's going to get into the race in January. That's NOT a prediction on my part. I'm hearing secondhand that she's going to jump into the race in January.

Yes, I think it was in 2018 when we found out they had mined Facebook users' data without their consent.

Anyway, I would not underestimate the degree to which Russia ratfucked the US election. The public portion of the Mueller Report alone paints a pretty damning picture.
    What did they do specifically?

So Holy Crap.

You all are in for a rude awakening if you think that getting rid of Trump will result in a "return to sanity"

Look at the reception Don Jr. got at his book event.

https://twitter.com/BetrayedVal/stat...38473636270080

It's a shitshow. The audience was in full on revolt and mostly sided with the "America Firsters".

The Atlantic just published an entire issue headlined the topic titled “How to Prevent a Civil War”.

https://www.theatlantic.com/press-re...-issue/601795/

Are you all STILL going to stubbornly insist that this is just crazy talk when one of the more prestigious, serious, papers is devoting an entire article to the topic? Or is it a very real risk that needs to be taken more seriously than a joke?

Who said the possibility of Trump invoking mass violence was a joke?

I did. Civil war is what white supremacists have been pushing the last few decades and they see their chance with Trump in office. No doubt they have more riled up old people than ever before but they are not going to get their guns en mass and start shooting liberals. Violence at this or that demonstration? Yeah. Been happening since the civil rights era. Some citizen army of angry old white guys and their young rebel and Nazi flag waving haters? Nah. They can't get much more than the usual rabid idiots and those will be quelled by police. It isn't a joke in that stoking this hatred causes things like Charlotte but organized storm troopers against ANTIFA or something that sweep the land searching house to house in some Crystal Nacht? Nah.

Trump can cause more individual nuts to go on mass shootings though. Lot's of rabid supporters are on the verge of that. We have seen that already and it could increase. Most fat old racists are not very apt to get out of their recliners though.

Taking the Death Toll
    I realize this is a few weeks old, but I don't need Hillary Clinton to tell me what I already know: that Tulsi Gabbard is a piece of shit Assadist.

Still better than the "We funded and armed ISIS!" Obama/Hillary admininistration: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...udio.html?_r=1

(Key moments at 2:00 and from 18:30 onwards)

Or Reuters:

2012: WASHINGTON, Aug 1 (Reuters) – President Barack Obama has signed a secret order authorizing U.S. support for rebels seeking to depose Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and his government, U.S. sources familiar with the matter said.

Obama’s order, approved earlier this year and known as an intelligence “finding,” broadly permits the CIA and other U.S. agencies to provide support that could help the rebels oust Assad. (link)
    Incidentally, here's that Bagdhadi guy:

Reminder that Charlie Kirk is still trash, but that said it doesn't excuse this behavior:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1431198190378483

Tony unquestioningly swallows propaganda again. This man that's numbered with two only bears a passing resemblance to al-Baghdadi who had a full beard when this photo was taken in 2013 and was extremely unlikely to be hanging around at the place where this photo is taken. One can only assume that the other "terrorists" in the picture are captioned with the same concern for the truth.

Say after me:

"Demographic replacement is a far right conspiracy theory"

https://twitter.com/zyntrax/status/1202794290390413312

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Tony unquestioningly swallows propaganda again. This man that's numbered with two only bears a passing resemblance to al-Baghdadi who had a full beard when this photo was taken in 2013 and was extremely unlikely to be hanging around at the place where this photo is taken. One can only assume that the other "terrorists" in the picture are captioned with the same concern for the truth.
    That guy's been reported dead several times already: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9173236.html

Kind like how we killed Anwar Al several times.

So what's your take on the New York times story? Is that bullshit too?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    Say after me:

"Demographic replacement is a far right conspiracy theory"

https://twitter.com/zyntrax/status/1202794290390413312
    Apart from you most likely misunderstanding something taken out of context, like you did that time when you claimed that a bunch of GOTV activists were proof of widespread voter fraud, yeah, it's a far right conspiracy theory. Nobody is getting "replaced", nor is there any concerted effort to "replace" anyone:

That guy's been reported dead several times already: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9173236.html

Kind like how we killed Anwar Al several times.
    That doesn't explain why you're peddling years old debunked conspiracy theories, though.

So what's your take on the New York times story? Is that bullshit too?
    No, but it clearly doesn't say what you claim it does. The US supported rebels in Syria against the Assad regime, that's a well-known fact. A far cry from your leap to "We funded and armed ISIS!"

Moderator and Priest
    The only way the Great Replacement will take place is if someone starts poisoning our pumpkin spice supplies to kill white people.

...which COULD happen, people! They could also also put poison frogs in our Ugg boots!

On the "full beard" thing.

I too, had some fairly long facial hair at the beginning of 2017.

However my business headshot shows me with a clean face.....which means the person in my business headshot is obviously not me!

Look at a picture of the dude they killed more recently. It's the same damn dude.

Moderator and Priest
    I'd google it up, but I'm afraid I'd get put on a watch list.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617 LastLast