TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 82 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3237424752576267727778798081828384 LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2089

Thread: Good Old Games (gog.com)

My understanding is those are quite poor. They came out a few years back.

Chakat sex pillow
    Well, BS1 Remastered had issues when I tried it. If your audio device had its default format changed in the device properties from 16-bit, 44.1 KHz to anything else, you wouldn't get any sound. Which was a bug from BS1 that was fixed back in the day. I also couldn't tell where the visuals had improved (and by some accounts, some of the water effects were actually a bit worse?), but IIRC they fixed the physics engine running at a separate temporal resolution (30 FPS), so that was an improvement at least.

For anyone who purchased nothing during the recent sale, but fancies playing Fantasy General:

https://www.gog.com/redeem/PTME9A99E06F5B7EAH

A fantastic game. I spent many a sleepless night with that and Panzer General. Sometimes I look at my way too crowded GOG "shelf" and shake my head, but it's really nice to have evergreen classics like these ready at a moment's notice.

I'm quite entertained by the b-grade styles of this trailer:

https://www.gog.com/news/coming_soon_asylum

Randy Pitchford needs to pay for his lawsuits somehow, after all.

https://www.gog.com/news/release_bro...n_arms_trilogy

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I see that GOG finally responded to the fact that their 10th Anniversary site redesign was/is horrible (and remains broken for a bunch of people).
    I've been thinking about your post for the last one and a half months, and I still don't get what's wrong with the new look. It looks clear, it's not cluttered with a hundred fancy buttons and pull-down menus and stupid recommendations* like Steam - it's fairly basic but I think it works! I'm definitely not a Steam hater and hardly some GOG fanboy either, but GOG and GOG Galaxy are really starting to look more professional and user-friendly than Steam... Just two or three years ago I never could have imagined that I would say such a thing.

* seriously, what's with the Steam recommendations nowadays? I always click "ignore" when I see any hint of anime or manga or whatever, yet Steam tries to recommend some terrible anime sex games to me all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi View Post
    * seriously, what's with the Steam recommendations nowadays? I always click "ignore" when I see any hint of anime or manga or whatever, yet Steam tries to recommend some terrible anime sex games to me all the time.
    I'd expect one of two things: A) Someone on your Friends list has written a positive review of these games or B) These games share a tag with a game (or group of games) you've spent time playing.

You can automatically filter out games with certain tags by going into your Account Details->Preferences and scrolling down to the "TAGS TO EXCLUDE" section, you may want to add the Anime tag to your generic block filter. That page also lets you blanket block games with any type of content deemed "Mature" like gore, nudity or sex, regardless of what userdefined tags they may or may not have have.

Time to find out which one of my friends is into tentacles and stuff then.

Day of the Tentacle?

Never mind.
    Last edited by Thirith; 4th Feb 2019 at 03:07. Reason: Wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi View Post
    I've been thinking about your post for the last one and a half months, and I still don't get what's wrong
    The thread I linked to has more than 1300 posts discussing the problems with the redesign, so... maybe refer to that? :) One example is that the screenshot slideshow for a game has been a horrible PITA ever since -- half the time the slideshow images need (I am guessing) to be generated on-demand, and then it can literally take 5-10 seconds to change between images. Every image. It's so unusable that I'm much more likely to give up and close the tab, than be the poor sap whose time is wasted on generating the missing renditions. Those screenshots are one of the most important methods the site has for promoting each game, and they've come up with pretty much the world's worst implementation of the idea and, months later, still haven't fixed it. It's really quite astonishing.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 4th Feb 2019 at 04:08.

Quote Originally Posted by WingedKagouti View Post
    I'd expect one of two things: A) Someone on your Friends list has written a positive review of these games or B) These games share a tag with a game (or group of games) you've spent time playing.
    There's also been recent changes to the "algorithm" resulting in a lot of smaller indies losing traffic to their steam pages. This came around the time Valve also announced higher sales % for those earning over $10 mil.

So you might be seeing more of the animu games for no other reason than that they are selling a lot already (because animu)

Not good.

I really should buy more things on GOG instead of Steam.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Yikes, might be time to download all my games there.

And on the other side, they have a bunch of open jobs.

This is merely a restructuring of their staff.

Southquarter.com/fms
    If you read the article though, it appear to be more than that. They talk about financial troubles and about potentially being "in the red." "Restructuring" is a word often used to spin a situation like this into something that sounds less dire than it actually is. And those open jobs are for CD Projekt, not GOG.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    If you read the article though, it appear to be more than that. They talk about financial troubles and about potentially being "in the red." "Restructuring" is a word often used to spin a situation like this into something that sounds less dire than it actually is. And those open jobs are for CD Projekt, not GOG.
    Not all of those jobs are for things relating to the games put out by CDPR though, some are specifically for GOG.com.

Their related comment in that thread is:
    We see that quite a few of you raised concerns about GOG's future. As a part of publicly traded company, we can't comment on any financial results until they are officially reported, but we want to ensure you everything is good with GOG. Being part of a big gaming company, some reports - especially some given by significant media outlets - can often sound much scarier than reality.

You've been also concerned about your access to the games youíve purchased on GOG. We've covered this topic years ago and it's been in our User Agreement for a long time (please check the section 17.3). This is not only a legal obligation to you but a core part of our ethics as a company.

But donít worry, all is good, and we have a great plan for the future of GOG. We canít wait for you to see some of the exciting things we have coming very soon.

For some reason I find that statement the opposite of reassuring.

Thing What Kicks
    Ooooo, that IS interesting. I only ever played the demo (to death) on my Mac back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Malf View Post
    Ooooo, that IS interesting. I only ever played the demo (to death) on my Mac back in the day.
    You should note that the game is very much a product of its time in regards to the user interface. It may frustrate you if you've played more recent titles in the genre.

Page 82 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3237424752576267727778798081828384 LastLast