TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: WHO IS RAMIREZ?

WHO IS RAMIREZ?

Who is Ramirez? After playing the T1, TG and T2 over and over for years, and playing countless FM's, I still don't quite know who Ramirez is and how he and his faction fits in to the series. I know there's a mansion but so what? Can someone explain please?

Taken from thief.fandom

"Ramirez was a nobleman and one of the City Wardens, responsible for several of the crime rings in The City. He lived in a large mansion in Hightowne, protected by his own personal house guard. To Ramirez, money was a top priority, and he was ruthless toward those who did not pay him what he was due."

faction(s):
    City Warden

Allies:
    Lord Bafford, Thieves, Raputo, DeWall, Webster, Hammerites

Enemies:
    Garrett

First Introduced:
    Thief: The Dark Project

It says Hammerites are an ally, however I suspect not completely if he's putting up a front with them, or just associating with some corrupt Hammers.
    Last edited by sneaksie415; 3rd Sep 2022 at 17:00. Reason: adding additional info

Ramirez probably makes enough donations to the Hammerites for them to be on his side, with some of them turning a blind eye to his hobbies and others being too blinkered/naive to see the hypocrisy. However, I think the full list of allies should be:
    Lord Bafford, Thieves, Raputo, DeWall, Webster, Hammerites, Burricks

ZylonBane
    He is the one who knocks.

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    Where was that at or are you just being ominous?

I need to play through T1 or TG again. Assassins is a great mission level but for some reason I don't remember a ton of it past the trailing of the assassins. Maybe I'm just getting old but Ramirez doesn't appear to be too much a part of the main story and also doesn't make a lot of appearances in fan missions compared to other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by mxleader View Post
    Ramirez doesn't appear to be too much a part of the main story and also doesn't make a lot of appearances in fan missions compared to other characters.
    I completed a playthrough of all T1/TG fan missions that had been released up to that point in December 2020. From what I remember, he is referenced in or appears in fan missions more often than Lord Bafford and The Trickster.

There is a small fan mission that was submitted for a 64x64 cube contest? in which Ramirez has lost almost everything thanks to Garrett's 'visits' and lives in a tiny house in the city. On second thought, it could be Lord Bafford

And also the one who insists you say his name.

As for Ramirez, I don't think that he is meant to be anything other than a local crime boss, who wanted to get rid of Garrett. Just one of the several great secondary characters that can be found throughout the games.

I do like him though, and his lines and voicework by Daniel Thron.
    Last edited by Cigam; 4th Sep 2022 at 14:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigam View Post
    And also the one who insists you say his name.
    Now I'm totally lost. I should probably play through T1 or TG again.

Quote Originally Posted by zajazd View Post
    There is a small fan mission that was submitted for a 64x64 cube contest? in which Ramirez has lost almost everything thanks to Garrett's 'visits' and lives in a tiny house in the city. On second thought, it could be Lord Bafford
    I guess there some FM's with Ramirez as the central character. There's at least two on KOMAG's FM archive.

I'M RAMIREZ AND SO IS MY WIFE!

Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    I'M RAMIREZ AND SO IS MY WIFE!
    Spicy!

I started playing Assassins again just to refresh my memory. There is one room with guards and two thieves in it that is super frustrating but this time I managed to get into the mansion and down to that room without using up any water arrows or flash bombs.

r.i.p. Farcus

Ramirez boys tryed to take garrett out but some how the 2 dumbest assassins shot and killed farcus=side note how does anyone get farcus mixed up with garrett :P

so be sure when you trail them,once inside knock out Ramirez for the memory of farcus

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    r.i.p. Farcus

Ramirez boys tryed to take garrett out but some how the 2 dumbest assassins shot and killed farcus=side note how does anyone get farcus mixed up with garrett :P

so be sure when you trail them,once inside knock out Ramirez for the memory of farcus
    Yep, just knocked out Ramirez. I was playing through and that must have been Ramirez ringing the bell for the servant in the kitchen.

I just now got that, Heisenberg.

Who is Ramirez?
    "Just some beer-bellied guy I threw to his own burricks to devour." - Garrett, after avenging Mr. Farkus

I don’t really care who he is, but I do like the fact he keeps leaving his nice shiny red gem ring in almost every mission for me to find.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    I don’t really care who he is, but I do like the fact he keeps leaving his nice shiny red gem ring in almost every mission for me to find.
    That’s definitely a bonus.