TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: WHO IS RAMIREZ?

  1. #1
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2002
    Location: Point Nemo

    WHO IS RAMIREZ?

    Who is Ramirez? After playing the T1, TG and T2 over and over for years, and playing countless FM's, I still don't quite know who Ramirez is and how he and his faction fits in to the series. I know there's a mansion but so what? Can someone explain please?

  2. #2
    New Member
    Registered: Feb 2015
    Taken from thief.fandom

    "Ramirez was a nobleman and one of the City Wardens, responsible for several of the crime rings in The City. He lived in a large mansion in Hightowne, protected by his own personal house guard. To Ramirez, money was a top priority, and he was ruthless toward those who did not pay him what he was due."

    faction(s):
    City Warden

    Allies:
    Lord Bafford, Thieves, Raputo, DeWall, Webster, Hammerites

    Enemies:
    Garrett

    First Introduced:
    Thief: The Dark Project

    It says Hammerites are an ally, however I suspect not completely if he's putting up a front with them, or just associating with some corrupt Hammers.
    Last edited by sneaksie415; 3rd Sep 2022 at 17:00. Reason: adding additional info

  3. #3
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2001
    Location: Constantly losing tug o'war
    Ramirez probably makes enough donations to the Hammerites for them to be on his side, with some of them turning a blind eye to his hobbies and others being too blinkered/naive to see the hypocrisy. However, I think the full list of allies should be:
    Lord Bafford, Thieves, Raputo, DeWall, Webster, Hammerites, Burricks

  4. #4
    ZylonBane
    Registered: Sep 2000
    Location: ZylonBane
    He is the one who knocks.

  5. #5
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2002
    Location: Point Nemo
    Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    He is the one who knocks.
    Where was that at or are you just being ominous?

    I need to play through T1 or TG again. Assassins is a great mission level but for some reason I don't remember a ton of it past the trailing of the assassins. Maybe I'm just getting old but Ramirez doesn't appear to be too much a part of the main story and also doesn't make a lot of appearances in fan missions compared to other characters.

  6. #6
    Member
    Registered: May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mxleader View Post
    Ramirez doesn't appear to be too much a part of the main story and also doesn't make a lot of appearances in fan missions compared to other characters.
    I completed a playthrough of all T1/TG fan missions that had been released up to that point in December 2020. From what I remember, he is referenced in or appears in fan missions more often than Lord Bafford and The Trickster.

  7. #7
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2011
    There is a small fan mission that was submitted for a 64x64 cube contest? in which Ramirez has lost almost everything thanks to Garrett's 'visits' and lives in a tiny house in the city. On second thought, it could be Lord Bafford

  8. #8
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    He is the one who knocks.
    And also the one who insists you say his name.

    As for Ramirez, I don't think that he is meant to be anything other than a local crime boss, who wanted to get rid of Garrett. Just one of the several great secondary characters that can be found throughout the games.

    I do like him though, and his lines and voicework by Daniel Thron.
    Last edited by Cigam; 4th Sep 2022 at 14:32.

  9. #9
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2002
    Location: Point Nemo
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigam View Post
    And also the one who insists you say his name.
    Now I'm totally lost. I should probably play through T1 or TG again.

  10. #10
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2002
    Location: Point Nemo
    Quote Originally Posted by zajazd View Post
    There is a small fan mission that was submitted for a 64x64 cube contest? in which Ramirez has lost almost everything thanks to Garrett's 'visits' and lives in a tiny house in the city. On second thought, it could be Lord Bafford
    I guess there some FM's with Ramirez as the central character. There's at least two on KOMAG's FM archive.

  11. #11
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2011
    Location: Wild and Wooly West of Ireland
    I'M RAMIREZ AND SO IS MY WIFE!

  12. #12
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2002
    Location: Point Nemo
    Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    I'M RAMIREZ AND SO IS MY WIFE!
    Spicy!

  13. #13
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2002
    Location: Point Nemo
    I started playing Assassins again just to refresh my memory. There is one room with guards and two thieves in it that is super frustrating but this time I managed to get into the mansion and down to that room without using up any water arrows or flash bombs.

  14. #14
    Member
    Registered: May 2008
    Location: Southern,California
    r.i.p. Farcus

    Ramirez boys tryed to take garrett out but some how the 2 dumbest assassins shot and killed farcus=side note how does anyone get farcus mixed up with garrett :P

    so be sure when you trail them,once inside knock out Ramirez for the memory of farcus

  15. #15
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2002
    Location: Point Nemo
    Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    r.i.p. Farcus

    Ramirez boys tryed to take garrett out but some how the 2 dumbest assassins shot and killed farcus=side note how does anyone get farcus mixed up with garrett :P

    so be sure when you trail them,once inside knock out Ramirez for the memory of farcus
    Yep, just knocked out Ramirez. I was playing through and that must have been Ramirez ringing the bell for the servant in the kitchen.

  16. #16
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2002
    Location: Point Nemo
    Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    He is the one who knocks.
    I just now got that, Heisenberg.

  17. #17
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2015
    Location: Germany
    Who is Ramirez?
    "Just some beer-bellied guy I threw to his own burricks to devour." - Garrett, after avenging Mr. Farkus

  18. #18
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2012
    I don’t really care who he is, but I do like the fact he keeps leaving his nice shiny red gem ring in almost every mission for me to find.

  19. #19
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2002
    Location: Point Nemo
    Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    I don’t really care who he is, but I do like the fact he keeps leaving his nice shiny red gem ring in almost every mission for me to find.
    That’s definitely a bonus.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •