TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Neverlooted Dungeon - demo available

  1. #1
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2017
    Location: France

    Neverlooted Dungeon - demo available

    Hello here,

    a long time ago I presented "The Goblin's Week", an immersive stealth investigation game, but I had to pause the project. As I said in my last post, I started working on a game focused on traps.

    Neverlooted Dungeon is an innovative first-person dungeon crawler immersive sim, inspired by classics like Ultima Underworld, Arx Fatalis, King's Field, but also D&D role-playing, which uniquely focuses on treacherous deadly traps, physics-based obstacles and tremendous freedom of action.

    Venture deep into the Neverlooted Dungeon filled with deadly traps, mysteries and secrets, find your own creative ways to overcome its dangers and be the first to loot!



    A public DEMO is playable on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1..._campaign=post
    I'm sure you will like it, please tell me what you think after playing!
    Please also report any bug or issue you encounter.
    Last edited by wildmage; 1st Sep 2022 at 06:48.

  2. #2
    Member
    Registered: May 2003
    Location: Minecraft
    Downloaded and played the demo, really enjoyed it! I liked the lighting, how you needed to proceed carefully and be aware of your surroundings, very satisfying when you outsmart a trap or find a secret area. Not so keen on the combat, that felt a little weak. Mostly circle-strafing enemies while very slowly swinging a sword at them, I guess that will improve when fighting something other than giant rats but it still just felt a bit clunky.

    Still, I've put it on my wishlist and I'll be picking it up when it comes out.

  3. #3
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2004
    Oh nice, good to see you plugging away Any plans for release yet?

    Also I saw you updated the steam capsule a while back, really love the new one and I hope it's been converting better!

  4. #4
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2017
    Location: France
    Quote Originally Posted by driver View Post
    Downloaded and played the demo, really enjoyed it! I liked the lighting, how you needed to proceed carefully and be aware of your surroundings, very satisfying when you outsmart a trap or find a secret area. Not so keen on the combat, that felt a little weak. Mostly circle-strafing enemies while very slowly swinging a sword at them, I guess that will improve when fighting something other than giant rats but it still just felt a bit clunky.

    Still, I've put it on my wishlist and I'll be picking it up when it comes out.
    I am glad you played and liked the demo
    I agree, combat need more tuning. However it's hard to solve the "circle strafing" strategy because it's a "good" strategy. Would you expect that the rat can suddenly turn and attack?


    Quote Originally Posted by Yakoob View Post
    Oh nice, good to see you plugging away Any plans for release yet?

    Also I saw you updated the steam capsule a while back, really love the new one and I hope it's been converting better!
    Thanks Yakoob
    I stopped giving release date as I am an expert at missing deadlines ^^
    Yes I am very happy with that capsule. Currently I did not see any change in the conversion, but I hope there will be

  5. #5
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2017
    Location: France
    I made a Halloween Edition of the demo, including cool new features and deadly candy hunt!

  6. #6
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2017
    Location: France
    Hey, I just wrote a new Devlog : https://www.wildmagegames.com/blog/2...december-2021/
    Speaking about level design, more immersive sims features (fire propagation, deep water)

  7. #7
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2017
    Location: France
    I recently reworked the style of Neverlooted Dungeon.
    Also, the game now feature swimming and water-physics, and cool wands (one of them being inspired by the GLOO Gun)

    What do you think ?






  8. #8
    That looks like good fun.

  9. #9
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2001
    Location: Marlboro, MA, USA
    A little silly for my own taste, but it does look impressive, good work, and keep going!
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

  10. #10
    New Member
    Registered: Aug 2021
    Location: The land of a Thousand lakes
    From looking at the trailer, this really reminds me of Ultima Underworld 2 or Daggerfall, just in higher detail
    Might give it a try though, looks really fun!

  11. #11
    New Member
    Registered: Aug 2021
    Location: The land of a Thousand lakes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizopas View Post
    Might give it a try though, looks really fun!
    Ok, so i finished the demo, and oh boy did i love it!
    The environment was great, i loved all of the interactability with the gameworld, the gloomy feel of the game was just right and overall just a fun little experience.
    This one is definitely going to the wishlist, cannot wait for the full release!

    Keep up the great work!

  12. #12
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2017
    Location: France
    Quote Originally Posted by Komag View Post
    A little silly for my own taste, but it does look impressive, good work, and keep going!
    Thanks
    "a little silly" could you tell me more about why you think that ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rizopas View Post
    Ok, so i finished the demo, and oh boy did i love it! ...
    Thanks for playing the demo, and I'm glad you liked it! Indeed, Ultima Underworld was one of the inspirations. Thanks for the encouragements

  13. #13
    Level 10,000 achieved
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Finland
    Hey Grimbeard did a video on this! Grimbeard! We love Grimbeard! Ok I love Grimbeard.



    Game looks good but also seeing as there will be scary spiders in it I shan't be playing it. Good luck tho!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •