TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Box by ghost_in_the_shell Nov 25 2007

Question Ghost...

I took your advice 'bout The guards key is hidden
    spoiler:
    in the small hole in the wall in the corner of the street where the guard like to stop in his patrol returning from Lower Gate area. Investigate this area to find it
    The key is hidden on the top of a doorframe opposite to the Lower Gate..

But I got one little problem, I've knocked all the thiefs & guards out so I really don't remember who's route was where & I've tried above all the door frames I could jump up or arrow up to. Can you let me know what buildings to look for, what directions with the compass?
    I can finish the game...now, by running out through the port with the lever, but what's the fun in that?

Hi Acolyte6

Some spoilers about the key were already posted in this thread:

For Normal and Hard
    For Expert

What I can add about Normal: The hole is in the wall at the end of the long street, close to the wall with double doors and two torches. Very close to the corner of this two walls.
    Good luck

Thanks, Ghost..

Now I got a strange question for you. When I stand by the light post by the armory (on the topic of the armory, can I get into the second floor of the building? I see the see-thru windows, but have no way of getting there) and the fish market I hear a guards rambling voice "I should be in a game or something", but I have no clue where he may be... Where is he?

Yes, you can access the building with glass windows on the second floor. Try to walk around the building, you should find an entrance. It's on the other side of the building looking from the lamp post, so you can't see it from there. Then you will probably met the guard you hear. Or you should met him patrolling if you wait near the lamp. Two out of four guards that are on duty in the area have patrol route passing near the lamp post.
    "Reliance upon others is weakness for the strong, but strength for the weak. Wisdom and balance lie in knowing your own nature over time"
    The Box, WL

thanksssss, ghost

A Nice tricky wee mission. I too got stuck at that wee ledge, but hey, who doesn't enjoy a challenge?

Very beautiful mission, if it would be released for contest I would vote for it in best use of space and architecture categories
    A lot of interesting built places in city section and nice ambient.
    I can't wait to see your new mission

Thanks for opinions about the mission. I spent much time (in fact probably even more than I could afford) last 2 weeks working on second mission. I hope it will be worth waiting to play it. And I optimistically believe that it can be finished this year
    What I can say about the next part is that the plaing area will be much larger than in The Box and that I try to create more replayable mission than The Box is and include much gameplay. I hope I will succeed on that

Hey, and I want also thank to people who rated my mission at The Circle. It's another way of knowing that somebody noticed the mission enough to bother with voting.
    "Reliance upon others is weakness for the strong, but strength for the weak. Wisdom and balance lie in knowing your own nature over time"
    The Box, WL

Nice mission. Hated the ledge, liked the rest.

Oh my... Just a question: did anyone noticed that guards in my tiny mission relights doused torches and also performs some actions when they notice open doors?

Because if no one noticed then why bother with things like that?

Sorry for bumping the thread just to show my low attitude to dromeding today, my work on the continuation of The Box freezed several days ago, I hope it's just a need of some break from building it...
    The Box, WL

Unfortunately I don't leave them awake long enough to find out.

I hope you're dromedding blip passes soon. I really enjoyed the Box very much indeed and have been looking forward to the next.

I can't believe I missed this GREAT little mission when it first
    came out. Such fun.

And yes...I did notice that a guard relit the torches!!!....much to
    my surprise and chagrin. Since I bj only, I like to save
    my water arrows for important places. I doused the 2 torches by
    the locked double door TWICE.....and he relit them TWICE.
    So I had to reload , and take him out !!

Love the story and all the details.
    Thank you.........hope you are working on part 2.

I'm glad that guards' behaviour adds some fun to the gameplay. I tried to make this small mission interesting and not too easy, that's why I bothered to improve guards' behaviour. I'm not very experienced player so it's sometimes difficult to judge what will be fun for other players, I'm happy that the mission is enjoyable

My work on part 2 was quite advanced (more than 50% of architecture done, much larger area than in The Box), but is now suspended due to RL causes and my effort to prepare the missions for the CTE contest (which becomes less and less doable due to RL events ).
    So not soon it will be finished I'm affraid
    The Box, WL

Recently replayed this little nice mission, I loved how the music made the atmosphere, and all the little touches (like how the thief turns the camera off in his angry way. Any news on the sequel?

d. Dec 2017
    Very interesting little mission. Yes, I noticed the guard's reaction to doors I had left open, and to lights. I liked their interaction. The ledge was the tricky part. I found if I sunk a rope arrow into the stair landing, not the post, and jumped to the ledge from the rope making sure to hug the wall, I could make it to the wooden shutters. I found all the secrets, and was short $50. I played on Hard.

Thank you, ghost- - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    I found all the secrets, and was short $50. I played on Hard.
    Maybe it's a piece of loot located near the starting point, its worth 50 gold and it can't be seen or taken from the street level.
    So hint for that piece of loot is: try to climb on something and then look around

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    Any news on the sequel?
    I'm realy sorry but there is nothing new to say about the work on the sequel Currently I don't work in Dromed at all and can't predict when it will change.
    The Box, WL

Archivist
    Very nice work, ghost! Small but interesting mission that offers action, sneaking, quite a good story and some good plot changes. And nicely designed as well Took me 34 minutes to complete it. The action music was a bit too rough for my taste though.
    I found 1342 of 1489 loot and missed one secret. Guess it's the secret hiding place where that guard stashed his money (as described in the letter). I will read this thread for hints and get back to that later.

The ending got my intruiged. What about the violent intruders, and what is so special about the box? And is the Box still in the postoffice or has it left the area by airmail ? Looking forward to see this story continue in part 2. Is there any news ?

Shamefully sequel is not beta-tested at the moment

Hi everyone.

I was asked recently by The Phantom for short statement about status of the sequel of The Box.
    Only I can say is that it isn't in developement for much over a year now, so probably should be removed from Phantom's upcomming FMs index. Sorry to everyone who was patient enough to wait till now

It might be that I come back to Dromed one day, still have it on my PC with other Thief stuff. But not in the near future.

I'm not even up to date with ttlg threads. Last thing I remember is that someone developed four leg creatures moves (which is quite a big improvement for Thief FMs I think!). I hope this community keep strong, as I always feel a happy part of it. So I do not go away. Just became a more rare guest.

Tiny dml to fix reversible objective by stopping players dropping book.

Code:
    DML1

//The Box: Fix debtors registry. File: miss20.mis.dml

+ObjProp 541 "NoDrop"
    {
        "" true
    }

although the hiding place of the kwey is described very detailed i can't find the key.

there is the double door with the two torches and behind this there is a window of a cellar

but where should this hidden hole in the wall be?

playing on easy . in which high shlould the hole be?
    Last edited by radogoal; 21st Mar 2020 at 07:27.

I made a little map for this FM that should answer your question. The Box_map

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    I made a little map for this FM that should answer your question. The Box_map
    thx can't believe how eyeless Garret can be

another questions how can i get into archibald's store?

Bit tricky that one. See the barn door above the shop entrance, that's your way in, but the post sticking out is not wooden, so jump from the top of the stairs and run across the very thin ledge leading to the barn doors. It's best done if you keep looking forward towards the wall and use your left key to move and you should be alright.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234