TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: T2 FM: The Hashishans (16/8/2002)

I just need to say it again...

Help

Ummm wha!! Oh sorry I was off in never never again land .....

Ok the Sheriff has one gear.

A mechanist has the other.

Want to know who and where they are? Send $20.00 US to:

spoiler:
    The Sheriff is in a room in the basement, he has no helmet. The Mech. is the woman patroling out side by that exit gate. Need more? Send more money! Or post back for free.
    I told my husband that I was downloading the patch for Thief. He said, "Good! It's about time you kicked that addiction."

Thank you diana50322,

Sorry to disturb your vacation in Never Neverland, but I have it on good authority that they saved your place. They tell me, "it'll be like she never left", after all anything's possible in Never Neverland.

I've been away from the Hash mission for a while so It's going to take me some time to remember where everything is. Tell me this, once I open the door with the 2 cog keys is that the end of the mission or is there more?
    (Uh oh, I asked another question. Ok, Ok, the check is in the mail)

NVM, that last question, I found the Silver cog, got out and ended the mission. Don't ask me how, but the Mech with the silver cog had somehow gotten all the way down into the basement. So, another mission well played. I hope Ben Hur keeps them coming.

My only problem now is that I couldn't resist playing "Blame it on the Bassanova" and dancing with the little golden guy one more time. So now it's stuck in my head again.

(Uhh, please return the check I sent you in the mail)

Last edited by BadArm; 9th Nov 2002 at 02:20.

You want your money back?!?!

I guess you will need it to have that song surgically removed from your brain. Of couse now that you put it back in my head I have an appointment to make.

Well I'm off to never never land again and the Hash Bros. are invited as soon as Ben Hur gets the next installment completed.
    I told my husband that I was downloading the patch for Thief. He said, "Good! It's about time you kicked that addiction."

Distant Quasar

Hashishans - Who/Where is Freddy?

Nice mission...challenging and lots of areas to explore. Now, who is this Freddy character? I have not found any references to him in the mission. I've blackjacked every guard...no one is left standing. I read a previous post that someone had the same impasse and had to go through the mission hacking up bodies until the objective checked off. If that's the case, I'd rather just have someone tell me which one he is. So, which punk is he? Thanks.
    - eep!

I haven't played the final version, so I'm not sure if this changed, but I think you'll find he's
    spoiler:
    the guy standing in the bar that has a purse. I think that's the money he got paid for ratting on you, if I remember correctly.
    No guarantees that this is correct, though, and I just don't have time to go check it out right now, like I normally would.

Nightwalker is right, I seem to recall the same pain,
    spoiler:
    he's in a slightly different purple coloured uniform, in the bar room on the left

Distant Quasar
    Thank you...that was indeed the punk I was after.
    - eep!

Nice mission. I killed this Freddy guy, it was indeed difficult to figure out which one he is. But I cannot get out. I have one metal gear and it seems I need two to get out. Where is the second one?

Anyone?

I tried this single metal gear I found and it seems to work with the device located on the left side of the exit door, but I think I still need the gear to the right-side device. Does anyone recall where it is?

Or did I mess up everything, like I usually do?

spoiler:
    The Sheriff has one. He's in a room in the basement and he has no helmet. The other one is worn by a woman patroling in the outdoor area near the exit gate.
    I stole this from an answer by diana50322, so I hope it's right!

Yup, thanks. Now I was able to finish this interesting FM. I had a metal gear from the sheriff, I needed the silver gear from the hammer lady. Thanks.

I couldn't find freddie either and was in the process of hacking everyone. real fun game I like the use of shaddow.

Ben Hur

Just played this FM again. I just love this blood bath type of mission. I didn't finish it back when it came out. I just couldn't find a way to play it. After many hundreds of hours of playing other missions I now get it.

Thanks Sap'em for reminding me about Ben Hurs FMs http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...threadid=77775 . Going back to try out "The Sisterhood of Azura Pt1 - Estheridge" again.

After I wacked everyone in "Normal Difficulty" I wanted to bring all of the bodies to the main cell area for a screen shot. I can't. At some point when I have just so many bodies in an area the game freezes to the point I need to do a reset on the PC. I can make several areas full of bodies but there is a point that this happens no matter where I pile them.

I didn't count them but there is a lot of bodies. Maybe more than any FM I played. More than the Dark Engine can handle in one space?

The room way downstairs with the water wheel. Any purpose to it?

spoiler:
    I got in by bashing open the door. There's a sewer with a pretty stiff current in here and there's a valve on the opposite wall that can be frobbed. Trouble is you can't get to the valve except to jump in and once in there's no way out. The tunnels on the end of the chamber are too small to get into. You can't stick a rope arrow into the ceiling.

Is there any purpose to this room? I'm looking for the fifth secret.

Hmmm... it seems I have all five secrets. It just doesn't count them all for some reason. I still don't know what that valve is for.

SECRETS:
    spoiler:
    1) Right where you start, the sliding wall.

2) The closet with some of your equipment.

3) Sliding door at the end of a beam high up in the general area.

4) Sliding bunk in the sleeping quarters.

5) The room with the safes.

One thing that's fun in this mission is to take those special arrows outside and shoot them straight up in the air. Eventually, they hit the "ceiling" and then you get sort of a fireworks show. Also fun to put a big pile of the unconscious where the sparks land.

I never did get to use those skulls.
    Last edited by The inscrutable po; 20th Sep 2005 at 10:08.

Archivist

Great fun

Never played The Hashishans before, and found it to be a nice and varied mission.

While the start seems like a standard Prison escape, it turns into an immersive experience thanks to a good variety of readables and objectives.
    The map is a lot bigger then it seems at the start, with plenty of loot and secrets to be found, and in terms of enemies it doesn't dissapoint either. Nearly all types make an appearance, from mechanist and city watch officers patrolling the corridors, to haunts, ape beats and spiders locked up in the dungeons. The fight scene at The Pit makes up for an entertaining Ai battle, and is a good opportunity to try out some cool new weapons which you can find in the game .
    If you want music, visit the game room for the grammaphone that plays "The Basanova". Great song It made me chuckle when I was running around the card table, chased by a female city watch guard, with this music playing on the background .

Played both Normal and Expert difficulty because of the difference in goals, and both proved to be good fun with enough differences in goals.
    I found out there is no Pitt key available on expert and it took me a while to think of the fire arrows to blast open the doors that gives access.
    But I don't understand why the Hells Fire and Liberation tree beast objectives only appear on Normal difficulty, rather then Expert. And seeing Franky the Squealer as a drunken benny type character, I can't believe he's the one who turned Garrett in (with a skin like this it would've been more convincing). It also made him hard to find him.

Beside this, and some remaining bugs, there's little to complain. Sure, architecture isn't state of the art, but who excepts that of a 6 year old FM. It's a traditional escape mission, but one with enough variety to keep you entertained for over an hour.

Stats
    Difficulty: Expert
    Time: 1 hour 22 minutes 17 seconds
    Loot: 3432 of 3732
    Secrets: 3 of 5

OK...where exactly is the...HELLFIRE WEAPON?

Does ANYONE know this?

According to Cavador's walkthrough: go through middle door on bottom level through blue lit hallway, go all the way to the end into room with a woman and a man, get Pit key from woman, go back to blue lit hallway and use Pit key on door with red light inside room, go all the way down to staircase, use Pit key to open door, go down staircase and go left to door on left, Hell’s Fire is on shelf in this room

You can find walkthroughs and hints in the Fan Mission Links sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    According to Cavador's walkthrough: go through middle door on bottom level through blue lit hallway, go all the way to the end into room with a woman and a man, get Pit key from woman, go back to blue lit hallway and use Pit key on door with red light inside room, go all the way down to staircase, use Pit key to open door, go down staircase and go left to door on left, Hell’s Fire is on shelf in this room

You can find walkthroughs and hints in the Fan Mission Links sticky.
    OK thanks for the explanation.

OK can anyone tell me where "frankie the squealer" is?

I suggest you try searching the thread. Most of the time the question has already been asked and answered. See this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    I suggest you try searching the thread. Most of the time the question has already been asked and answered. See this post.
    I DID read through this thread, just missed the post.

And I found out by a readable near where you get you equipment back.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Dml to fix some issues in this mission (no game breaking stuff)

Code:
    DML1
    //The Hashishans//Fix floating objects and a conversation
    //miss17.mis.dml

+Link 542 914 "Contains"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 244 "Position"
    {

"Location" -195.38, -25.92,-22.92
    "Heading" 4000
    "Pitch" 0
    "Bank" 0 
    }
    +ObjProp 198 "Position"
    {
    "Location" -148.13, -70.92,26.52
    "Heading" 0
    "Pitch" 4000
    "Bank" 0 
    }

-ObjProp 763 "AI_Converation"

+ObjProp 763 "AI_Converation"
    {
    // Step 0
        "Actor" "ActorOne"
        "Flags" "Don't Block"
        "Conversation: Action 0" "Add/Remove Meta-property(Add/Remove,Mprop name,Target Objects)"
        "   Argument 1" "remove"
        "   Argument 2" M-TreelikeTreeBeast
        "   Argument 3" ""
        "Actor"[1] "ActorOne"
        "Flags"[1] "Don't Block"
        "Conversation: Action 1" "Goto object(Object,Speed,Motion Tags)"
        "   Argument 1"[1] gohere2
        "   Argument 2"[1] ""
        "   Argument 3"[1] ""
        "Actor"[2] "ActorOne"
        "Flags"[2] "Don't Block"
        "Conversation: Action 2" "Play sound/motion(Sound Concept,Sound Tags,Motion Tags)"
        "   Argument 1"[2] ""
        "   Argument 2"[2] ""
        "   Argument 3"[2] Conv 29
        "Actor"[3] "Unused"
        "Flags"[3] "[None]"
        "Conversation: Action 3" "Nothing()"
        "   Argument 1"[3] ""
        "   Argument 2"[3] ""
        "   Argument 3"[3] ""
        "Actor"[4] "Unused"
        "Flags"[4] "[None]"
        "Conversation: Action 4" "Nothing()"
        "   Argument 1"[4] ""
        "   Argument 2"[4] ""
        "   Argument 3"[4] ""
        "Actor"[5] "Unused"
        "Flags"[5] "[None]"
        "Conversation: Action 5" "Nothing()"
        "   Argument 1"[5] ""
        "   Argument 2"[5] ""
        "   Argument 3"[5] ""
    // Step 1
        "Actor"[6] "ActorOne"
        "Flags"[6] "[None]"
        "Conversation: Action 0"[1] "Play sound/motion(Sound Concept,Sound Tags,Motion Tags)"
        "   Argument 1"[6] ""
        "   Argument 2"[6] ""
        "   Argument 3"[6] Conv 33
        "Actor"[7] "ActorOne"
        "Flags"[7] "Don't Block"
        "Conversation: Action 1"[1] "Play sound/motion(Sound Concept,Sound Tags,Motion Tags)"
        "   Argument 1"[7] ""
        "   Argument 2"[7] ""
        "   Argument 3"[7] Conv 29
        "Actor"[8] "ActorOne"
        "Flags"[8] "Don't Block"
        "Conversation: Action 2"[1] "Play sound/motion(Sound Concept,Sound Tags,Motion Tags)"
        "   Argument 1"[8] ""
        "   Argument 2"[8] ""
        "   Argument 3"[8] Conv 28
        "Actor"[9] "ActorOne"
        "Flags"[9] "Don't Block"
        "Conversation: Action 3"[1] "Add/Remove Meta-property(Add/Remove,Mprop name,Target Objects)"
        "   Argument 1"[9] add
        "   Argument 2"[9] M-TreelikeTreeBeast
        "   Argument 3"[9] ""
    }

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123