TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM Evendale

Dˇttirin klŠ­ist oft mˇ­ur m÷ttli

T2 FM Evendale

Evendale - almost forgotten FM by Random_Taffer which was released 2005 (Thief Novice Contest).
    I liked it, that's why I added the missing resources, so anyone can play it. Invisible villains is no fun
    Download the resources here
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/p739wp...resources3.zip
    Install instructions: Download FM, install it
    download resources, replace the folders "obj" and "mesh" and everything else in the FM folder. Replace the other folders.
    It's playable then
    The mission still has some flaws, but who cares.

dml to fix some minor issues (not necessary to play mission, but also fixed two goals that might be troublesome)

Code:
    DML1
    //Evendale//Frobinfo on torches//Fixed smithy goal//Fixed Mr. Wassergibt
     //miss20.mis.dml
    +ObjProp 162 "FrobInfo"
    {
        "World Action" Ignore
    }
    +ObjProp 188 "FrobInfo"
    {
    	"World Action" Ignore
    }
    +ObjProp 224 "FrobInfo"
    {
    	"World Action" Ignore
    }
    +ObjProp 165 "FrobInfo"
    {
        "World Action" Ignore
    }
    +ObjProp 511 "TrapQVar"
    {
        "" =1:goal_state_4
    }
    +ObjProp 511 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 0" TrapSetQVar
    }
    +Link 531 511 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 531 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 0" Trigcontained
    }
    +ObjProp 369 "TrapQVar"
    {
        "" =1:goal_state_1
    }
    +ObjProp 369 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 0" TrapSetQVar
    }
    +ObjProp 421 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 0" Trigslain
    }
    +Link 421 369 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 2nd May 2018 at 05:26. Reason: Updated Resources

Flattered you liked it, but it's definitely not a work I'm particularly proud of! My 18 year old self was pretty proud of it though!

Thank you for resurrecting this FM, I'm trying it for the first time. Apart from one blank white prisoner I've encountered no major glitches, but - how to complete the last but one objective "at the local smithy"? I collected 6 water arrows, opened the top chest and the toolbox - what am I missing?

RT, probably it is not your best effort ever.
    But does it deserve to be neglected you were 18 back then and were eager to try your best in a Novice contest?
    I don't think so. It's how things began for you... and sure enough you had much to learn.

I would love to enjoy the entire mission, since from what I've seen so far I definetly enjoyed it.
    Just can't get through the entire mission...
    as it just keeps crashing for me on random occasions as soon as I enter the well.
    Weapons no longer equipable either at random points and requiring Reload, which will not work any more more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    Apart from one blank white prisoner
    I'm looking after Mr. Jorge.
    I've encountered no major glitches, but - how to complete the last but one objective "at the local smithy"? I collected 6 water arrows, opened the top chest and the toolbox - what am I missing?
    It's in the toolbox. It's the purse actually. Since this is also loot, it might be buggy. It worked for me. I can fix it with a dml.

@gnartsch. I didn't encounter problems like this. Please upload a savegame. Maybe it's broken for some reasons.

@csamba:
    for me the objective "at the local smithy" checked of when I picked up some the 3 moss arrows right where you emerge from the prison.
    Pretty weird - but that's what it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    I'm looking after Mr. Jorge.

It's in the toolbox. It's the purse actually. Since this is also loot, it might be buggy. It worked for me. I can fix it with a dml.
    Please do. I've got 100% loot - using your current dml - but the objective did not check

Re gnartsch: looks like bugs appear randomly (in individual setups?). I haven't experienced any crash during 2 playthroughs.

@csamba: You need to restart the mission to make the dml work
    @gnartsch: Are you sure? The earth arrows on the ground can't trigger anything

@csamba: You need to restart the mission to make the dml work
    Of course, I did - but the objective does not check with this (longer) one either.

The dml is working.
    Did you save the dml as
    miss20.mis.dml
    in your FM folder?
    (I always create a txt file first and rename txt to dml)

The dml is working.
    Did you save the dml as
    miss20.mis.dml
    in your FM folder?
    (I always create a txt file first and rename txt to dml)
    Double-checked, to be sure. I've been using your - and voodoo's - dml's for quite a while (at least 20 of them, IIRC - like Dead Of Winter, just a couple of days ago) and they have always worked as expected...

Sorry, my bad. I forgot to uncomment a line when I pasted it
    Please try it again

How does one use a dml? I searched all over the place for instructions, but none were clear to me. This question is more for all dml additions, not just this FM. Do I just copy the script, name it as told, and place it in the related FM folder in my TG or T2 directory? Is it really just that simple? I hope so.

Thanks

Sorry, my bad. I forgot to uncomment a line when I pasted it
    Please try it again
    And it's working perfectly now! Thanks.

Just an observation: the dml text for Dead of Winter (http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=114337&page=7, post #170) has 2 typos: its 3rd and 4th lines should read "AI_Conversation" to work correctly

Thank you again to make this fun little FM playable

@ bjack: Exactly as you say.

Thanks for the input, csamba
    @csamba: I checked it. "AI_Converation" is correct. Looks funny and wrong, but it's correct.
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 19th Apr 2018 at 03:26.

Thanks csamba and thanks Unna Oertottir for your fixes.

I agree with everyone who has posted in this thread. This mission is a GREAT little mission, a superb novice's first foray into Dromed, so RT you may not be proud of it, but it has brought a lot of pleasure to a lot of people, so maybe you can be proud of that, if not the mission itself.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Hear hear!

Southquarter.com/fms
    I don't know what you guys are talking about, this mission sucks.

Was just joking there, in case it wasn't obvious.
    Last edited by Brethren; 20th Apr 2018 at 14:42.

Several years ago, I also added the missing resources and played the mission. Not the best one in the world, but I liked it.

Btw, there are several resources still missing in the download here. For example, there should be a Hammerite in the cell to the left of the Mechanist, but the Hammer is neither visible, nor does he make any sound. Some other AI (Hammerite priest, being in pyramid, Wassergibt) are also silent. This is because some voice sets (Hammerites, Trickster, Ramirez) are missing. Some carrying icons aren't there as well. And there is a square-shaped blue spot below a leaky pipe near the exit of the prison, but there should be a metal cover or something like that there.

I can't completely verify what is missing for the next days, but I could do it next week.

For me, the mission was playable without these resources, though. No idea where all these strange things gnartsch mentioned came from.

Thanks for the input, csamba
    @csamba: I checked it. "AI_Converation" is correct. Looks funny and wrong, but it's correct.
    I'm no dromeder, so you're certainly right - but using the dml with "converation" as soon as I arrive at the infirmary and the "nervous" guy starts talking all my weapons and inventory items disappear (re-checked). With "conversation" this does not happen.

I wanted to make the FM playable. Not perfect.

@baechlein: Please sent me a list, when you collected the missing resources
    @csamba: Will take a look and post it in the Dead of Winter thread. Please drop me a PM with a savegame/savegames.
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 20th Apr 2018 at 04:13.

Updated the resources and the dml to fix a goal that might not check off. Thank you very much, baeuchlein

38 downloads from thiefmissions in 30 days, wow

Updated the resources and the dml to fix a goal that might not check off.
    Unna, somehow the file mesh\txt16\herm.gif went missing from the updated resources. It was present in the first version. Therefore, the prisoner whose cell is located close to the upwards ladder in the prison is now completely white again. It's not game-breaking, but would you please check that again?

On a side note, the objective about killing Wassergibt is now indeed fulfilled even if a violent prisoner does the kill instead of Garrett. The new DML obviously works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast