TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Burrick's Head Inn, Vintage Edition (20/08/05)

Sorry for the gravedigging, I'm not sure if anyone would care or not, but I'll post this anyway.

I managed to break the flow of the mission in a cool way. Right at the beginning, the first thing I did was to take the elevator to level 6. That sent the guard outside the door to a frenzy. Then I immediately went back down to level 5 and waited. In his seacrh for me, he entered the penthouse. I went back up and waited in the shadows. When he finally gave up he opened the door to come back to his post, but I knocked him out before he could close the door behind him.
    I entered, rode the elevator up and knocked out the woman too. No sign of Ravik anywhere.
    Then the moment I opened the balcony door from the inside, Ravik magically appeared in the other corner of the room (this part was pretty cool, I reloaded and did it many times ). I knocked him out too.

I picked up his body, went back down and entered the basement for the first time. The moment I approached the metal grill door I saw Ravik enter the inn and run, while I still had his uncouncious body on my back. I thought he might have wanted to see a flash of his own future, I wonder how he felt seeing his own hammered body in front of his eyes

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Heh heh, well done! It never occurred to me that someone would do that. Considering the original mission was not beta tested, it's a wonder there aren't more bugs like this that have been found over the years.

So a flux-capacitor and a DeLorean aren't needed for time travel after all

By Jove, what a discovery!

Hehehe thanks!

There was something cool you also could do with the version 2 of the mission...get to the easter egg area, go to the corner of the pool, then hit the button on top of the diving board with a well-aimed broadhead arrow. Garrett magically appears on top of the board and jumps in the water

I didn't find 1 secret and/or the key to the exit (I guess a sewer key)

It was great to play this mission again.
    A great compliment to the author .... again

LOL: I saw a new thread about this mission, while I was playing it

Gloria Creep

I got the key now .... just read about it on the newest thread ....
    Last edited by Gloria Creep; 27th Nov 2007 at 21:34. Reason: I've got it!
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

I didn't expect this Easter Egg at all, you gotta use a water arrow on the fireplace itself, in the Inn Owner's living room.

What I don't get is, what's up with it? I heard that in the "original" it was a big room with a swimming pool? Now it's just a Bow Upgrade, some kind of reference to an old RPG game perhaps?

The "Bow Upgrade" most likely refers to an old joke about an original Thief 1 mission. There is a partially collapsed wall (and a landslide, I think) in "Down in the Bonehoard" in Thief 1, and some players were able to jump onto the rubble and have a peek through a small hole in the damaged wall. There appeared to be some empty space beyond that wall. Someone started posting here on TTLG.COM about a mysterious "Bow Upgrade" that would be available for players there, should they be able to squeeze themselves through the small hole somehow. But AFAIK, it's just a joke, and there is nothing there in Thief 1.

There have been a few people who picked up this running gag afterwards, speaking of the "Bow Upgrade", or of the "Alarus extension", for the hole in the wall was either in the Alarus section of the "Bonehoard" mission, or the space behind the wall was marked with "Alarus". I don't remember it exactly, and I'm too lazy to check it out right now.

how can i geht into the rooms on the fourth and sixth floor?

This is embarrassing but I'm not sure where the Room 4 key is, I believe it is in the basement in the office. Once you get in there, you'll see how to get in the penthouse.

in both floors of the office i can't find the key fpru the fourth floor

only a notice that room 4 is reserved for a friend

The spare room 4 key is in the room down the hall in the basement, you have to pick the door. It's the door on the left just after you see the thief you're competing with run down the hall.

sorry in the basement der is only one door directly beside the elvator but i can't open this door

If I recall correctly, that door should be pickable. Sorry I don't have the mission on this PC or I could go in and tell you for sure.

The office key is in a toolbox in the turbine room in the basement.

Wehre is the Turbine Room ? DirectX besides the Elevator?

Ok my bad. Thought you had got into the basement and needed the office key. Let me dig out a save and get back to you.

Edit: Basement key is behind the painting in Inn Keepers bedroom.
    Last edited by fortuni; 4th Oct 2018 at 11:44.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123