TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AM16's Thief1 Fixed - Bugfixed Original Missions - Released 2020-09-20

Zombified
    yep, this has all been fixed in the TFix map set. unfortunately, there is no smart way of exporting/importing the tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by bassoferrol View Post
    I think all fireplaces should have its fire with firewood, not just fire.
    In The Sword in the ground floor by the stairs you have that chandelier that is floating. It should be attached to the dome above.
    As far as I know, all of the fires should already have firewood with them. I double checked all the missions though, and found a couple places in Strange Bedfellows that had missing firewood, which I added.

As far as the chandelier... it's magic. You may have also noticed a bunch of rooms that are oriented upside down, or on their side. They're also magic.

Assassins

Could you maybe make a separate version of The lost City where it replaces the mages with the craymen and such like in the original? That would be awesome! I "tried" doing it myself but I gave up as soon as I loaded up the map in dromed lol.

This is something I've asked for in the past as well, as I much prefer the isolated feel of The Lost City without the mages in it.

In theory it should be possible to make a DML mod to make those changes, which could then work with any version of the map.
    An absolute ton of work, though.

I'm also not sure what you'd do about the fact that the original version has two talismans, but the TG version only has one.

Voodoo actually made some dml code for that which you can find at the end of the GoldToDark thread, it works completely fine but doesn't replaces or removes that one dead mage under the trap.

About the talismans, I would just keep it the way it is in gold, no reason to change that. Tho I do wonder if gold made any other changes to the map besides the mages and talismans.
    Last edited by Gabe29; 29th Sep 2020 at 18:39.

Dunno if it's always been this way but you can now get The Sword by attacking the strange pedestal above it, making it stop levitating.

I believe that was always the case, though I'm not sure why you'd want to when you can just jump up and grab it.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiMatter_16 View Post
    As far as not being able to frob the guard's key, do you mean that you couldn't pickpocket it? Or it doesn't highlight when centered on screen? If it highlights, it's probably because the guard is aware of you. You can't pickpocket him if he's seen you - you have to knock him out if he has.
    On Voodoo's version you can pickpocket him regardless if he's seen you or not, which makes more sense since he's drunk as hell.
    Voodoo also added a few unused voice lines in that part, the drunk guard commenting on Garret's getup was especially nice. Wish you could also add them in as well.

Zombified
    those tweaks were actually added before I took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe29 View Post
    Tho I do wonder if gold made any other changes to the map besides the mages and talismans.
    Just beyond the coliseum's arena is a side tunnel that leads back to the coliseum's top floor. I think this route was added in TG so players wouldn't be stuck if they jumped to the arena without extending the bridge.

Regarding the mages vs. craymen issue: I've always felt that it made more sense to have mages down in the Lost City instead of craymen, at least from a narrative standpoint. Craymen, based on their namesake and their habitats in The Haunted Cathedral and Song of the Caverns, are definitely water-based, and the Lost City with all its magma pockets seems like too hostile of an environment for them (aside from the waterfall cave at the start). The mages do remove that feeling of isolation, yes, but it's at least plausible to find them there since we learned in The Mage Towers that they're searching for the other talismans.

Just my two cents.

Another bug - Mage Towers, basement room just before the big open exit - the torture rack is now blocking the door. You can mantle over it but the patrolling guards get stuck on it and it becomes impossible to get by without alerting them.

Nice touches to the Towers though - Water is now slightly challenging, and I like the added magically sealed doorway on its outside.

Where's the like button, I need to press it a few hundred times. Fantastic work AM!

Don't know if this goes beyond what you want to do but I was wondering if for missions that share part of their area with another, could you add in the parts of the other mission that are visible from the shared areas? Best example being the two cathedral levels - add the steps going down beyond the gate to "Return" and the top of St. Jenel's to "Haunted Cathedral"?

@TriangleTooth
    Seeing as it doesn't change gameplay, and it's quite unobtrusive, I'd be fine with adding in some details. You may have to remind me or point out specific suggestions.

As far as the torture rack, uh... I'm not seeing what you're talking about. Are you sure you didn't load an old save, instead of restarting the mission? Old saves are not compatible, as objects are terrain may have moved slightly. Please post a screenshot of the problem.

I'm intending to release fixed TDP versions, but it will take some doing to "deconvert" the missions. I don't want to do that at this time, as it will be a lot of work, and would also mean more missions to maintain. I'm planning to do that in a later phase. As it stand, the missions need a lot of work on room-brushing. Some have already been done. A lot of work was done on The Thieves Guild, for example, and a LOT of automap errors fixed. Honestly, I think half of the navigation problems people ran into with that mission was being misled by errors in the automap. But they should all be fixed now.

Also, I found the last fireplaces in assassins that didn't have wood in them. Hopefully that's the last of them.

The Mages in The Lost City could be removed via a DML, which could be included with the package and installed manually.
    Last edited by AntiMatter_16; 3rd Oct 2020 at 19:09.

There´s flicker in the pipe when I move back and forth from there.
    Also the pipe has like a black texture at one end.

Zombified
    the first can be fixed by moving one of the pipes for a small bit, the second one is just how Dark rolls (lights objects, to be precise).

Here's the problem with the Mages' basement. Strange you aren't seeing it - just checked that it's present on all difficulties.

Also, Brother Murus has a problem in RTC - he appears here during his own burial, though he moves to the right spots for Renault and Martello.

I've just finished a full run of the game with these fixed missions - Great work! Thanks for this.

Not me!

Nice effect those bunsun obj.
    Would like to see flames in fires, torches and candles like those of Gecko´s

Hmm. I'm wondering if it's an incompatibility, possibly with some part of TFix...

Zombified
    pretty sure TFix does nothing to the Murus location, if that's what you are asking. the torture beds - maybe, if the level geometry has been changed enough (ex. door moved more than 1 DU).

one way or another, I actually would recommend discarding the TFix mission dmls while testing the pack, as they are meant for the old TFix map set, nothing else. chances are good that AM_16 has already addressed most of the issues by direct map edits anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TriangleTooth View Post
    Here's the problem with the Mages' basement. Strange you aren't seeing it - just checked that it's present on all difficulties.

Also, Brother Murus has a problem in RTC - he appears here during his own burial, though he moves to the right spots for Renault and Martello.
    Hm, had no problems in neither of those missions and I am using TFix. However I did delete TFix's dml files, maybe you still had them which possibly caused problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12