TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: A Keeper's Betrayal Mar. 21/03

This is one of the best missions ever made, so it deserves all the attention it can get.

Hey guys, thanks!

I'll use this opportunity to give you a little update on aKB2. The mission is basically finished and I've added in the objectives and I'm working on the map and custom textures. Hopefully it'll be ready any day now.

Cool something to look forward to Thanks for the update!

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I just wanted to tell The Immortal Thief that this is an excellent mission and I really enjoyed it (still 200 short)! Thank you for all your hard work!

I don't see any harm in praising the FM authors no matter how old the FM may be.

Thanks!

Bringing up an old thread is not a problem on this forum as long as it's to post something useful like a question or a comment about the mission. Feel free to do it especially for a comment like this. FM author's don't get enough feedback of any kind so it's pretty much always appreciated.

Thanks everybody!

Progress is slow but steady. I've hit the exam period so that has slowed thing down a bit.
    I have finished Bane I - Keep of Deceit, which is a heavily modified and expanded version of a A Keeper's Betrayal. I'm play testing it myself at the moment and working out the obviouse problems, then I'll upload it for beta testing. AKB2 (Bane II - Cult of the Damned) has already gone through one set of beta testing. So basically missions one and two are both almost done.
    This is taking a lot longer than I'd hoped, for this I apologize.

Thanks again,
    Immortal

Take as long as you want, we're all grateful for any missions you churn out since AKB was so good!

Can't wait to play them both, I'm also willing to beta test if you need

I just uploaded Bane I - Keep of Deceit for Betatesting!!!
    Whew, that took a long time!
    Avallon, I'd be glad to have your opinion on my mission as a beta tester. But please consider the fact that since you have been anticipating the release of this mission, playing a possibly buggy version before the final release might spoil it a bit for you.
    If you decide you want to betatest the mission just PM me and I'll happily send you the link, taffer.

Immortal

well that was enjoyable

some nice areas on roofs you can get to apparently purely so you can observe the guards I like rooftops

I saw the panel in the grocers shop but could I find the switch, could I taff then when I read about it in here AAAAGGGGHHHHH so obvious I really must have had my eyes shut

enjoyed the keeper compound it could have done with a few more AI's though, but thats me a BJ'ing fool

I was wondering how to deal with the rogue keeper so I saved and had a read in here then went back and reloaded and he had his back to me well I'm not passing a gift like that up, so BJ and sword dealt with him

good mission, seemed bigger than it was

although I bust a gut getting into a window at the church only to find there wasn't a way out behind it, ditto with the balcony next to it which was a little disappointing, but only a little

I'm really glad you enjoyed it. I hope you'll like the updated version, "Keep of Deceit" even more.

Immortal

spoiler:
    P.S.: I fixed the balcony you mentioned.

Hi!

I enjoyed this FM really! Congratulations!
    I'm working on Thief II FanMission. Can I use your Mech gear conception from your mission? I was sending you email but, haven't answer. So, do you agree?
    Last edited by Kapitan Smith; 14th Aug 2007 at 15:20.

Hi, Yeah sure, be my guest. You can use anything you want from my mission!
    I'd appreciate it if you give me credit for anything you use, in the mission's text file.

Immortal

(By the way, I haven't received your email.)

I can't find the golden skull. Where's the dealer's bedroom ImmortalThief mentioned?

Master Builder 2018
    If you mean Salfatore, his bedroom is part of the City Watch station. There is a guard on an upper balcony outside his room. You can either rope arrow up there or get the key to the ground floor door from the City Watch lieutenant who is standing alone in a room nearby.

Thanks, solved. Brilliant mission.

Dttirin klist oft mur mttli
    gamesys dml and mission dml to fix light based transparency on the keepers and an objective. This is a NewDark issue

Code:
    DML1//Fix Light Based Transparency//Keepers Betrayal//Bane of Deceit//dark.gam.dml
    +ObjProp -1518 "LBAlpha"            
    {
        "Active" true
        "Min alpha" 0.1
        "Max alpha" 1.00
        "Light level (0-100) for min" 10
        "Light level (0-100) for max" 50
     }
    Code:
    DML1
    //Fix for Keepers Betrayal//fix for goal#10//light based transparency//miss20.mis.dml

+ObjProp 1689 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 1" TrigQVar
    }
    +ObjProp 1689 "TrapQVar"
    {
        "" =1:goal_state_10
    }
    +ObjProp 527 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 0" Trapsetqvar
    }
    +ObjProp 527 "TrapQVar"
    {
        "" =1:goal_irreversible_6
    }
    +ObjProp 1688 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 1" TrigRoomdeposit
    }
    +ObjProp 1623 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 1" TrigRoomPlayer
    }
    +Link 1623 1687 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +Link 1623 527 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +Link 1623 1475 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 1475 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 1" TrapsetQVar
    }
    +ObjProp 1475 "TrapQVar"
    {
        "" =0:goal_state_10
    }
    +Link 1496 1475 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 81 "LBAlpha"            
    {
        "Active" true
        "Min alpha" 0.1
        "Max alpha" 1.00
        "Light level (0-100) for min" 10
        "Light level (0-100) for max" 50
    }
    -ObjProp 81 "RenderAlpha" 
    -ObjProp 163 "RenderAlpha" 
    -ObjProp 337 "RenderAlpha" 
    -ObjProp 338 "RenderAlpha" 
    -ObjProp 581 "RenderAlpha" 
    -ObjProp 713 "RenderAlpha" 
    -ObjProp 1353 "RenderAlpha" 
    -ObjProp 1357 "RenderAlpha"

FYI the dml's Unna has posted are both optional, you can play and successfully finish the mission without them.

The transparency issue is with the Keepers in the Keepers compound. When playing via Olddark they were meant to be invisible when walking in shadows, but with Newdark their transparency disappeared, so this dml is to give players a more realistic playing experience.

The objective dml is to fix an objective found in the intrface folder, but did not trigger, even when playing via olddark, as the author forgot to attach a QVARtrap to the objective.

This is a very nice mission! Thanks for the author!!

Finding the golden skull was the only objective that I couldnt get done without reading the forums.

Im a bit confused with this FM: Ive already played the elemental bane series and "Keep of Deceit: Elemental Bane #1" is exactly the same mission as this one why is that?! one mission under two names?

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha1 View Post
    Im a bit confused with this FM: Ive already played the elemental bane series and "Keep of Deceit: Elemental Bane #1" is exactly the same mission as this one why is that?! one mission under two names?
    This is what's written in first post of Keep of Deceit thread:

"Part 1 is a heavily modified version of my previous mission, A Keeper's Betrayal. Those of you have played "A Keeper's Betrayal", will find many changes in this mission, some being quite major, with many new areas, new secrets, modified story and ending, new objectives."

Ah thank you Galaer! Lucky me I came across keep of deceit before a keepers betrayal. and it is indeed an amazing mission!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345