TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Thief Object Repository

Thief Object Repository

I have been footing the bill for a few years now on the Thief Object Repository and may not be able to do so much longer as I will be "self employed" after Friday. I am not sure if we can copy the resources to someone else who can handle the traffic and contents. I am keeping the site at a much reduced price because it houses more than the repository. Any ideas guys? Thoughts and comments welcome. Thanks.

That's a real shame - it's a great resource.
    Isn't it just a WordPress site, in which case could you just revert it to a freebie x.wordpress.com URL? Or is it too large for that?
    Wonder if you could get some donations to keep it active, or maybe someone else with a site could host it on theirs.

How big is that repository and how big is the traffic?

I'm sure we have a couple of people here (a few thousand, actually) who have private servers and can host some tiny site without any "bills."

Also you may get more attention posting in Editor's Guild rather than here.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    it's a great resource.
    The best we ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by A.Stahl View Post
    I'm sure we have a couple of people here who have private servers and can host some tiny site without any "bills."
    We already had several host sites like p.e. the Low Poly Guild. IMHO the main problem is the "self service" function with individual accounts so that each object author can upload/update his own stuff.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Quote Originally Posted by zappenduster View Post
    The best we ever had.

We already had several host sites like p.e. the Low Poly Guild. IMHO the main problem is the "self service" function with individual accounts so that each object author can upload/update his own stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by vincentlancon View Post
    and may not be able to do so much longer as I will be "self employed" after Friday. I am not sure if we can copy the resources to someone else who can handle the traffic and contents.
    This will fit my upcoming plans regarding Thief Guild portal!

I can offer storage space and traffic by merging Thief Object Repository into my Thief Guild portal.

I'm self employed, too! I hope your quotation marks don't mean too big financial problems and such.

As Thief Guild already offers fan mission management functionalities to related owners, I have plans in expanding the set of functionalities for creators in close future. Object repository would make an excellent addition!

Please direct message me or email "admin" @ my site name, without "www".

Think I would also be open to adding this as part of taffers. Have to know the size of the site etc as taffers is already a very big site.

I've been trying to find out the size.. trust me, yahoo hosting is the worst. When I do get a better idea, and I think it is huge, I will let you know.

I'd be happy to contribute a bit if that could help?