TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: New T2 Mission : "Les Paolis" updated to V. 1.2 (09-12-2019)

Heh! Thanks for the prompt reply, but I found it on my own just a few minutes ago. I actually had the strongest suspicion of where it should be, but I overlooked the most OBVIOUS and simple thing. That's always the way of it!.

Nearly done. Enjoying it immensely!

feeling like a failure how do you get into the cathedral/church?!

nevermind, folks, just found out: frob the door - geez
    Last edited by TafferT; 28th Jan 2020 at 08:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Yes, the R is from Renaud Cocco. do you have new mantle enable?
    Hey there, I just got T2 working on my mom's newer pc here in Sweden, since I'm stuck here at least Another 30 Days I may as well try to get it to work.

new mantle enable, how do I check to see if that is on again? It's been years since I installed my old T2 CD-ROM's to a computer. My computers at home have just Always had it over the years of 'immigration' of HDDs. This one is a SSD. Am a bit rusty...

Hi Acolyte6, i will also be forced to get stuck at home for and indeterminate period, i'm asthmatic and should avoid this Covid-19 as most as possible.
    To answer your question, check your cam_ext file and you should have this entry this way:

; -------------
    ; game specific
    ; -------------

; enable new mantling code
    new_mantle

Also you should have NewDark 1.27 in order to run this mission, and don't use any HD mod otherwise gameplay will be laggy and other issues will come as well, read well the first post.

For Atila's helmet:

https://i.postimg.cc/V6TPwn9w/dump119.png

I stopped and saved at That window a couple of weeks ago while I was beta testing a mission, at the same time. Honestly, I don't remember what the plot is anymore about the 2 servants. How do I help them?

As for That window, I can't get the rope Arrows to stick to anything near that window. How do I get in?
    How do I mantle again? Which buttons?
    Last edited by Acolyte6; 6th Apr 2020 at 09:59.

Hi Acolyte6, i will also be forced to get stuck at home for and indeterminate period, i'm asthmatic and should avoid this Covid-19 as most as possible.
    To answer your question, check your cam_ext file and you should have this entry this way:

; -------------
    ; game specific
    ; -------------

; enable new mantling code
    new_mantle

Also you should have NewDark 1.27 in order to run this mission, and don't use any HD mod otherwise gameplay will be laggy and other issues will come as well, read well the first post.
    All that is enabled. Just checked that & I got 1.27

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    For Atila's helmet:

https://i.postimg.cc/V6TPwn9w/dump119.png

I stopped and saved at That window a couple of weeks ago while I was beta testing a mission, at the same time. Honestly, I don't remember what the plot is anymore about the 2 servants. How do I help them?

As for That window, I can't get the rope Arrows to stick to anything near that window. How do I get in?
    How do I mantle again? Which buttons?
    there are 3 ways to get inside that office from that window: do a side jump, or use a speed potion and jump, or from the roof land on the side of the window.

for the two servants, just find two collectible diaries and deliver to them

in case my answers are not good enough here's several walktrough videos i did for this campaign:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLK3...B-JqxpcTH-9jYU

in mission one, how can i flush or add the diary in the cell?

Quote Originally Posted by flying_hope View Post
    in mission one, how can i flush or add the diary in the cell?
    you mean the cell with Adreani? you need to give him a pair of lockpicks along with the note, just use these items on him when he highlights.

you mean the cell with Adreani? you need to give him a pair of lockpicks along with the note, just use these items on him when he highlights.
    I did. Take the evidence and give em the lockpicks/note but i have to take, only read, the diary, it is not checked green

i reload the game, now it worked..

by the way, whats the name of this nice techno/house-track?
    Last edited by flying_hope; 13th Apr 2020 at 05:32.

Quote Originally Posted by flying_hope View Post
    I did. Take the evidence and give em the lockpicks/note but i have to take, only read, the diary, it is not checked green

i reload the game, now it worked..

by the way, whats the name of this nice techno/house-track?
    you meant the ambient music inside the city watch station? it's a Dub Techno music called "Comatose" By Quantec :

https://www.discogs.com/Quantec-Dist.../master/485210

just replayed missions on expert and amazing was not able to do loot goal on either mission but was close,the secrets i am sure would have completed loot

great job cardia,look forward to your next mission/missions

please be sure to add dewdrop and raindrop,if you forgot raindrop can be seen in mission one of seven sisters after prolog mission,by the burrick bar that is closed,go up the ladder close by to a room with spider then frob wall on other side to go into the girls room and on shelf is raindrop she says mama when frobbed,and yes the face is amazing on her,i use it for my facebook profile pic

https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...c6&oe=5F84115B

^link to see her

Youīre welcome Steve, alright iīll make sure to add dewdrop and raindrop to my next mission , i'm surprise you love so much these dolls .

Iīm at part 1 of this mission and so far I really had a blast with it, but the past hour Iīm getting more and more frustrated. Iīve tried since nearly an hour now to get into the window where the helmet is supposed to be. I donīt have a speed potion anymore (used 2 already) and neither the side jump (if Iīm doing it right at all) nor the rope arrow or any other jump works. Now I canīt even continue with or finish part 1.

I really love this FM. The story and atmosphere are great, the quality is super nice like the starry sky and all, but I wonder why you would add such a frustrating thing?! Of course it will make people mad. You should consider making an update and either add some crates to jump on or make the mantling part easier. Thereīs no point in making a jump this tough. Didnīt the beta tester query this?! :/

Hi Samantha , thank you for playing the mission and iīm glad youīre enjoying it, the helmet goal i left it expressively to "expert" mode since experienced players now how to do side jumps, that means a longer jump which is done by jumping sideways , note that you need to run (preferably "always run" set ). There are 3 ways to enter that window (providing you have new mantle enable), the simplest way is by using a speed potion , the second less easier way by jumping sideways, the third and hardest way , from the roof jump down to the window frame, and from the frame to the office inside.

Here's a walktrough video i did showing the two first ways of accessing the window (sorry about the light quality):

https://youtu.be/82f8v6hJNIs?t=82

Samantha are you pushing the up and left or right direction at the same time?? Going just sideways wont work, try it on level ground first and you will see that you are going a little faster. To make difficult jumps like this takes some practice. I use my direction arrows instead of the normal letter keys. I use this combination to outrun even haunts I hope this helps.

I get you guys, I really do, after like 1 hour I finally managed to do the jump too. I did it differently though. I jumped from the roof on the window and then pushed only down (not jump) and Garrett managed to "swift" into the room. But my point of state is that it is done way too difficult. Itīs great to have difficult tasks, challlenges are always nice, but this was not done in the difficult-nice-challenge-way, but in the super-hardcore-annoying-soon-I-will-destroy-my-pc-way You canīt really work for the task, you have to do it with sheer luck. And while it only has to be done on expert, even experienced players will get frustrated after awhile or rather said, especially experienced players will get frustrated. Here in the forum I saw alot of complaints about it and while I really do love this FM and absolutely appreciate the awesome work that was done for it, I can understand the frustration about this. Itīs just like.. it is not really necessary to add sth. this diffcult/annoying since it is not going to be appreciated and will leave a bad impression even though its such a great FM but anyway I finally managed to do it. Now going for the portrait and then onto part 2! thanks alot cardia!!

Lol it's not so hard has that, in the walktrough video i did i had to jump 4 times cause using the Fraps programm to record the video it slows down the gameplay framerate, otherwise with on single jump i can do the trick, it's a matter of practice

The painting is easier to get, no need any special jumps. The second mission idem . Good luck for the next goals.

Lol it's not so hard has that, in the walktrough video i did i had to jump 4 times cause using the Fraps programm to record the video it slows down the gameplay framerate, otherwise with on single jump i can do the trick, it's a matter of practice
    I strongly disagree with this. You may enjoy practising difficult jumps like that so you can make pretty much every lucky jump, but not everyone does or rather said, many donīt. The fact that so many players here had that problem and got frustrated by it, supports my statement of it being ridiculously difficult. Unnecessarily so. In fact you saying that itīs not, makes it sound like others are just too unpractised/dumb in doing it and believe me, someone that plays thief for over 20 years now (the majority here does) will not appreciate a statement like that. I donīt either

Anyway, I just finished both missions and I really enjoyed both of them! A quality city with good story is exactly my cup of tea. Itīs just abit sad that it could have been done easily alot better if just the gameplay wouldnīt have been done so badly. I will give my pros and cons to it:

Pros:
    -Beautiful city with great atmosphere and lovely places. And that starry sky. Just beautiful!
    -Good storyline with nice objectives to do
    -Beautiful custom objects as loot
    -Lots of rope arrowing to hidden, high above places

Cons:
    -Garrett. I donīt know who the guy in this fanmission was, but it was definitely not Garrett the way he talked, the things he said, he was way too nice for Garrett. Garrett is cynical, sarcastic and unfriendly and thatīs why we adore him. When he said that he will not charge Sandra for the task with the high priest I fell from the chair laughing cause not in a million years Garrett would ever say sth. like that or fawn over a woman with how beautiful she is, thatīs far from being Garrett
    -Itīs easy to get high up in some places, but very difficult to get down alive again
    -getting through the window with atticas helmet was way too ridiculous
    -loot hunting. Playing on expert I was always over 1.000 loot under the loot goal. Itīs one thing to have to look for a few hundreds of loot after finishing all the other objectives, but more than that? Ridiculous. With sth. like that you only manage that the player loses interest in looking at the beautiful buildings and places cause you have to look in every corner in hope to find some coins

All in all it could have been a perfect fanmission if not for the sometimes way too annoying things you have to do to be able to continue. Takes away all the freedom of enjoying and appreciating it properly.

Samantha iīm glad you enjoyed both missions despite the cons you came across. Yes i know Garrett is cynical, but i never saw him as unfriendly, despite his anti-social tendency i always saw on him this human side, whiling to aid people not just for money but also for moral reasons.

regarding the jump thing, let it be clear that it was never my intention to criticize others by trying to give a smart impression of me, on the contrary my intention was to say that the jump trick is no sorcery , its easy to master it, considering you have "always run" enable as well as Garret new_mantle, and then you might have assigned keys to Garrett movements that are not practical for doing the side jump, i use the arrow keys for Garrett movements, also for this mission if you have a speed potion you don't need to do the special jump movement in order to reach that window, just consume the potion take some step back and launch yourself forward then jump and press jump again to climb the window, it's so simple as that, das ist sehr einfach , glaub mich an.
    But iīm taking that in count anyway and will no longer do missions where players need to do long jumps.

Thank you for your feedback

Yes, deep down Garrett is a pretty nice guy and would help any lost soul even if he doesnīt get anything for it. But that is only what WE THE FANS know. Towards people Garrett acts differently: cynical, unfriendly and sarcastic. And most of it heīs a thief, money is everything to him. Thereīs no way heīd do a task for someone and then not asking for the reward just because he has a kind heart deep down. Garrett would gladly take the money and then pat himself on the back for what great stuff he did today and for even getting lots of money out of it. I mean you are right, he is willing to aid people for moral reasons but if he gets money out of it - even better thatīs the kinda guy he is

As already said I didnīt have any speed potion anymore, I used them up already at that point. Iīm a huge fan of speed potions and like to use them when I have one in my inventory, but when I tried to jump into that window for about an hour I regretted it that I didnīt keep one as a spare. Thatīs good to hear

regarding the jump thing, let it be clear that it was never my intention to criticize others by trying to give a smart impression of me, on the contrary my intention was to say that the jump trick is no sorcery , its easy to master it
    I disagree with you. I am quite experienced player and strafe jumping is very useful technique, but it's not a common knowledge. I leaned about it few years when watching some videos. And this was mind blowing. I never before thought that by holding run forward and strafe I can move faster or even jump further. But this strafe jumping is awkward. Instead of looking forward, you look a bit to the side. It definitely wasn't easy to learn technique. A good example would be mission 2 of yours "3 Distinct Adventures" campaign. There is one section that requires far strafe jumping and mantling (yes, there is speed potion, but it's super well hidden, I missed it when 1st time playing). While it wasn't extremely hard experience, it was definitely tough lesson. I died around 100 times.

Few years later I discovered that I can turn my head towards the ledge while midair. And it makes mantling after strafe jumping much easier. But it adds one more input to already complicated system. So again it wasn't easy to learn. But thanks to that and experience over the years, my 2nd time with strafe jumping section in "3 Distinct Adventures" FM was much easier. It was basically no problem for me. Hell, I could even beat the end of mission 1 without using speed potion.

And then there is this side strafe jump that you show in your video. This is the technique that I used the first time for Horns of Canzo. And it was only for ghosting, not for normal playthrough. This technique is never necessary in any Fan Mission. That's why this "super easy" solution is far from obvious. While technique isn't that hard when you know strafe jumping really well, it's definitely more tricky than strafe jumping forward.

In short players that never knew about strafe jumping, needs few months or years before they can say that this technique isn't any problem. Also the way this window is presented doesn't really show that intended solution would be side strafe jump to this window. Even in your video it felt that window is just too high for mantle to work and when you finally mantled it felt like you were really lucky.

As for speed potion, it's usually used to run somewhere fast or escape from somewhere, jump over long gap or even fight against very steep roof. Jump to helmet window didn't fell like any of these situations. That's why it didn't fell obvious. I wonder how many players actually figured it out on their own. While this solution is creative, I would actually like to have a readable about somebody who, for example, bought speed potion in order to get to this window. And next to this window would be speed potion. This would help a lot. Right now this objective feel bad and it should be some optional bonus objective or Easter Egg.

Samantha and Galaer, what if i leave a crate not far from that helmet office? in a eventual mission update?

Samantha and Galaer, what if i leave a crate not far from that helmet office? in a eventual mission update?
    I didn't play this mission for a while, so I don't know if one crate will be enough. This window is quite high.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    I didn't play this mission for a while, so I don't know if one crate will be enough. This window is quite high.
    I agree with Galaer, one crate might not be enough since the street there is a ramp down. But If you add two crates it will work out You could also leave a speed potion on the window sill left to this window, so players will understand they can use the speed potion for this.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast