TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4914192429343944495051525354
Results 1,326 to 1,337 of 1337

Thread: There's a VR HEADSET on my FACE! :D

I returned to Dirt Rally 2.0 over the weekend. When I first tried it, I was unable to make it run smoothly for some reason, but in the meantime it seems that updates and new drivers have done their magic. Strangely, it seems almost impossible not to make the visuals look like there's a layer of Vaseline on the lens (the first Dirt Rally had a similar problem), but when you're driving this doesn't really matter, because the driving is damn good, even if I'm not damn good at driving. The environments are varied and interesting, and VR makes it all feel so much more tangible and tactile and dangerous. I don't enjoy racing games in which you mainly just drive around in circles, but I love the environments of these games because there's much more verticality.

I was all ready to submit my VR game The Deep Above to Oculus App Lab, thinking it would start out in the Alpha release channel. It turns out I probably did more work than needed to get it ready for Production release!

I now have a version in the Alpha release channel. If anyone here has an Oculus Quest (1 or 2) and wants to try / test The Deep Above for me, you can send me your email address (the one associated with your Oculus account) and I'll invite you to the Alpha channel.

The first few VR games now support DLSS 2.0, which can massively improve performance, though it needs to be implemented on a game-by-game basis. The first big title that offers this in VR is No Man's Sky. While I've enjoyed raytracing in games like Control, I'm starting to think that DLSS 2.0 will be much, much more of a gamechanger when it comes to the new GPUs - and if VR can benefit from this as well, all the better, because future VR headsets will need to offer higher resolutions and a wider FOV. If they can combine tech like DLSS 2.0 and foveated rendering, it'd be big.

OMGOMGOMG! Gotta try this out.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Just wanna let everyone know that THE DEEP ABOVE alpha is GOOD and anyone with a Quest should definitely sign up to test it! Its got some innovative ideas and Weasel could probably do with more people giving feedback on it.

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Just wanna let everyone know that THE DEEP ABOVE alpha is GOOD and anyone with a Quest should definitely sign up to test it! Its got some innovative ideas and Weasel could probably do with more people giving feedback on it.
    Thanks for the kind words!

There wasn't a lot of exciting VR stuff announced during E3, but I did see that there is a VR version of Amid Evil (retro shooter) planned, and coming out "soon":

https://uploadvr.com/amid-evil-vr-support/

I'm definitely looking forward to I Expect You To Die 2, since I greatly enjoyed the first game. It won't be groundbreaking, but it should be stylish, well-executed fun.

Finally got my hands on a copy of Hitman 3 for PS4, and was able to import levels from the 1st game into it for VR. It actually works really well and was easy to do, everything for all 3 game runs right out of the Hitman 3 menus. Pretty amazing walking through some the Hitman 1 levels in VR, I kind of just took a few moments to take in the sights though, haven't really tried to win any of the levels yet. Sapienza and in particular was really awesome in VR.

I really wonder if this will eventually make its way to PC VR. Normally I would say it's a no brainer but after RE7, who knows.

Don't forget Lone Echo II, due out in less than a month (Aug 24th).

I'm definitely looking forward to getting back to VR. I've not used my Quest 2 much, mainly for two reasons: acute problems with my left ear (which have reduced my gaming time in general since June) and it's just too warm for VR. Now it would be cool enough, since it's been raining most of July, though yeah, my ear, and even if it's less warm, the humidity doesn't help.

And hell yeah, I'm looking forward to Lone Echo 2. The first game is still one of the best, cleverest implementations of movement in a VR game.

Edit: Oh, and also...

The mod is being developed by the same guy who's also doing the VR mod for Outer Wilds.

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4914192429343944495051525354