TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4914192429343944495051525354
Results 1,326 to 1,341 of 1341

Thread: Tafferpatcher: unofficial complete patch for Thief 2

v1.26

Honestly don't remember how to install version 1.26 with TafferPatcher. Please help

1. Install 1.25 as normal using tafferpatcher
    2. BACK UP YOUR THIEF2 DIRECTORY!
    3. Make another folder somewhere called 'NewDark'
    4. Download the 1.26 archive into the NewDark folder
    5. Extract the thief2-nd-v26-update.zip archive. This will usually result in a new 'thief2-nd-v26-update' folder containing a number of additional zip files.
    6. Extract the new_dark.zip and contrib.zip archives
    7. You remember that backup you made earlier? If you didn't make it, make it now.
    8. go into the new_dark folder, select Thief2.exe, and drag and drop it into your Thief2 directory. When prompted, confirm replacing the file. If you don't get prompted to replace files, you've dropped the file in the wrong place (I think it's safe to skip copying the cam_ext and cam_mod files, and using the ones Tafferpatcher set up)
    9. go into the contrib folder, select all the files, and drag and drop them into your Thief2 directory. Again, confirm replacing files.
    10. Edit the cam_mod.ini file in your Thief2 directory (I recommend using notepad++ to do this) and ensure that there is no ; at the start of line 10 to enable fmsel
    11. Start Thief2, you should now get the fmsel window showing 1.26 as the version number in the title bar.

If any any time anything doesn't seem to work, restore your backup.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Meanwhile I updated Bullet DromEd to version 1.26
    (ND 1.26, DromEd, Toolkit, Scripts). Thief2.exe+DromEd patched with LAA
    Just drop everything into the T2 main folder. It will run out of the box for playing and editing.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/socgaw...D1.26.zip/file

The Watcher: Did all that, but once I play the game itself I still get empty space where there should be walls or floors...

So I might have screwed up. T2 was working great with Tafferpatcher but then I installed T1 TDP and TFix_1.26a. What I accidentally did was to open Tafferpatcher and change the root directory to Thief 1 and then back to T2 once I realized that that wasn't a good idea. Not sure if I just need to reinstall all of T2 and Tafferpatcher at this point. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be great.

Running Windows 7

Error message:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: Thief2Original.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.9.0.0
    Problem Signature 03: 5b1420ed
    Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
    Problem Signature 05: 4.7.2117.0
    Problem Signature 06: 59cf500c
    Problem Signature 07: 331
    Problem Signature 08: 2e
    Problem Signature 09: System.ArgumentOutOfRange
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

mxleader, I tried to replicate that situation yesterday, but "my" Tafferpatcher reacted differently. It gave a warning when I tried to direct it to the T2 NewDark install, and shortly after refused to cooperate at all. Apparently, it is unforeseeable what Tafferpatcher does in such situations, and I would suggest a complete reinstall or restoring a backup. I did the latter, since I expected trouble with this experiment and prepared a backup just before messing around with things.

I managed to get the basic fan mission selector to work for now but I think you are right that I'll have to do a reinstall.

Since starting to use this I have noticed a couple of times when I am crouched down in shadows and an ai notices me next to it, it's hit force me to fly 10 to 15 feet away with little damage. Whats up, something new?

Zombified
    alright, if someone can contact DJ Riff directly (somewhere where he responds), I would suggest doing so - TP really needs to be brought up to date, like, yesterday. in case he can't/doesn't want to maintain it anymore, we will need the TP NSIS source, so someone will be able to pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    alright, if someone can contact DJ Riff directly (somewhere where he responds), I would suggest doing so - TP really needs to be brought up to date, like, yesterday. in case he can't/doesn't want to maintain it anymore, we will need the TP NSIS source, so someone will be able to pick it up.
    I have made a Thief 2 patcher containing updated components with similar functionality for my own use because of this situation. I would be happy to share it if there is no interest in updating this tool. Tafferpatcher was compiled using Inno Setup rather than NSIS; all that should essentially need to be done would be to compile the existing setup script with updated resources.

Hello Taffers, there are still huge ai pathfinding issues in Life of The Party. The NPCs are stuck walking in circles on the stairs forcing me to use the elevator to bypass them.
    I know this issue, it's been around since the beginning, it seems it hasn't been patched yet...

Zombified
    do you have the very latest fixed maps package?

I'm using TafferPatcher v. 2.0.18. Is it enough?

Zombified
    nope, the map pack has been updated in the meantime. it also supports interactive candles, btw.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I am unstickying this thread in favor of the new T2Fix which is up to date with the latest NewDark, whereas Tafferpatcher is no longer being maintained.

Zombified
    as mentioned, perhaps add a note about this to the top of the first post, linking T2Fix there as well - it will be quite a while until google searches start to favor the new patcher, for example.

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4914192429343944495051525354