TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Thief Quotes in Real Life

Thief Quotes in Real Life

What was the latest Thief quote you've used in real life and in what kind of context? Mine was just an hour ago, when I was doing some boring chores and suddenly felt very tired:

"Always so tired now. Can't remember when I've had a good dark sleep. Always so much to do!"

Quote Originally Posted by Aemanyl View Post
    What was the latest Thief quote you've used in real life and in what kind of context? Mine was just an hour ago, when I was doing some boring chores and suddenly felt very tired:

"Always so tired now. Can't remember when I've had a good dark sleep. Always so much to do!"
    I could only speak for the german version of the game.
    "Der Koch hat uns für heute Abend Fleisch versprochen. Nicht immer nur Kartoffeln, Kartoffeln, Kartoffeln!"
    In englisch it could be the following words:
    "The cook has promised meat for tonight. Not always just potatoes, potatoes, potatoes."

//... aus dem Weinkeller gefaxt mit einem Novizen-S5 //

i use to say " please be warned , a missguided soul, all must hear the word of karras... the word of karras "
    whenever i have severe political or moral differences over issues with someone

BITTE ... seid gewarnt... eine fehlgeleitete Seele ... vernehmet die worte des Karras...

( by the way the german voice of karras is amazing and incredibly charismatic , unlike the english voice )

Ahhh memories...nothing much lately, other than my first example following:

Not exactly a quote, but I used to do, and still occasionally do, the melancholy T1/TG Hammerite whistling, when waiting in line in public places - no one ever "got it". In terms of true quotes - when my kids were small, they would hide, and I would often say "I'll find you" in that great guard voice. Another one - I used to say "It's a long way down" at any opportune time possible, again in my best Garrett impression. My family got to the point of loving that particular quote, for whatever reason.

Whenever I see the political sewage friends post on my Facebook feed, my first thought is "They take all this stuff way too seriously"

Quote Originally Posted by Gajejean View Post
    Ahhh memories...nothing much lately, other than my first example following:

Not exactly a quote, but I used to do, and still occasionally do, the melancholy T1/TG Hammerite whistling, when waiting in line in public places - no one ever "got it". In terms of true quotes - when my kids were small, they would hide, and I would often say "I'll find you" in that great guard voice. Another one - I used to say "It's a long way down" at any opportune time possible, again in my best Garrett impression. My family got to the point of loving that particular quote, for whatever reason.
    yes i do the hamerite humming too ... thats so funny !

German voice

I hard believe that it is garrets voice in german version. He had a lot to synchronize !!!

[QUOTE=
    ( by the way the german voice of karras is amazing and incredibly charismatic , unlike the english voice )/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Dr.Sahnebacke;2412985]I hard believe that it is garrets voice in german version. He had a lot to synchronize !!!

is this some kind of eastgermany / Ossi-joke or what ? how typical

Hüstel, hüstel

is this some kind of eastgermany / Ossi-joke or what ? how typical
    Ej, jetz echt Mal! Hör doch mal hin, wenn das Maschinending seine Sprüche abspult. Das ist der gleiche Sprecher wie der für Garrett, Quatsch Ossiejoke!

"No harm, ladies, just passing through". When in supermarket, or other busy place.
    "It's a long way up". When I see some unreachable thing.
    "All is not still". When the customers enter my working place.
    "All is still". When my work place is empty.
    "The walls have been breached!". When I hear the footsteps of my boss.

@Dr.Sahnebacke & TheBuilderReturned
    Please guys: keep it civilized!

Back to the actual topic:
    Ah, early morning mist. All respectable people should be in bed now. Time for us disreputable types to get to work
    This one always comes to my mind when I'm still up and programming at 2 or 3 in the morning.

THE BUILDER HAVE RETURNED HIS CHALLACE TO US !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - whenever something unexpected overwhelmingly pleasant happens to me

- whenever something unexpected overwhelmingly pleasant happens to me
    is this grammatically correct ? can somebody help please ?