TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thief DS problem - Garrett rotating after using map || Problem with ST - choppy game

I did what you said. After installing 1.1.9.1 I changed log level to 'dump' and run game without mods. Unfortunately game doesn't create any file. I have such file in Thief3 directory, but it's creation date is from 4 hours ago. Anyway I dump it because it's small. Don't know whats wrong. I have Windows 7 SP1.

Code:
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    // Session Start: 02/10/19 12:04:04 ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

[Ftl] T3 handshake failed - exiting
    [Inf] Display mode: 640 x 480, 60 Hz
    [Inf] Display mode: 800 x 600, 60 Hz
    [Inf] Display mode: 1024 x 768, 60 Hz
    [Inf] Display mode: 1280 x 600, 60 Hz
    [Inf] Display mode: 1280 x 720, 60 Hz
    [Inf] Display mode: 1280 x 768, 60 Hz
    [Inf] Display mode: 1360 x 768, 60 Hz
    [Inf] Display mode: 1366 x 768, 60 Hz

Sneaky Upgrader
    Unless you deleted them, those manually copied files may have screwed up the installation. So in that case, uninstall the SU, delete the Thief3*.exe files if still there, then reinstall 1.1.9.1 and try getting the log again.

As you're on Win7, once you get 1.1.5.2 installed again, there's one more thing to try: Open the list of installed programs. Look for something like "Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade SDB". If it's there, uninstall that (and only that) and see if the game becomes choppy. Edit: Better reboot between uninstalling and testing the game. If it does, the next step would be to try installing that extra thing on top of 1.1.9.1.

I deleted manually, did all as asked. Log file is not generated anyway.

I deleted Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade SDB, game is still fluent.

:/

Sneaky Upgrader
    It's weird if there's no log. You're looking in C:\ProgramData\Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade? Can you create a file there?

Damn, I was checking folder where game is installed. My bad. Now, here is log: >click<

Sneaky Upgrader
    Thanks - unfortunately it all looks as expected. I'm out of ideas for now, but I'll try those two versions again on Win7 when I get the chance.

At this point I think your best bet is to take Jax64's suggestion and use a D3D wrapper - for dgVoodoo, get this file, copy MS\D3D8.dll into the System folder and see if the game runs better that way. You should see a watermark in the lower right corner. If it helps, get dgVoodooCpl.exe too, so you can disable the watermark (and possibly tweak the settings - the default VRAM setting is 64 MB but I'm not sure if raising it does anything for this game).

When I add this D3D8.dll file into system folder, game somehow forgets how to start :/ It appears for few seconds in processess, then disappears. I tried all available .exe's and I tried with modes run or disabled.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Try this one then - if it works, please check if the intro movies work too, because they didn't when I last tried it...

Note that you don't get a watermark with this DLL.

Still not working :/ I guess I will just play 1.1.5.2 or vanilla. I wanted to thank you for all your spent time

At first glance I thought it really worked, but I started wrong Thief 3 copy ^^
    Last edited by Ciumko; 10th Feb 2019 at 16:23.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12