TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: DrawPrimitive(trilist) failed

DrawPrimitive(trilist) failed

A couple of hours ago, I started getting this error when I try to enter game mode:

Code:
    DrawPrimitive(trilist) failed: error -2147467259
    error (File: d8Prim_s.cpp, Line: 1683)
    Sometimes the error triggers, and sometimes it doesn't. I have no idea what it means, what's causing it, or how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Never seen it before, but googling similar it appears to deal with rendering. Perhaps even memory issues. Do you have a low ram system? Is it your mission you're working on? How big is it? Are you using grid snapping?

Edit: Looks like there has been others with this issue at TTLG http://www.ttlg.mobi/assert-d8states...97-page-1.aspx

The mission I'm making is roughly 3000 brushes altogether at the moment, and I've always been careful to never disable grid snapping (I still do the "highlight unsnapped" and "gridsnap highlighted" commands on occasion as a precaution).

Memory sounds like a potential culprit, considering how much software my college stuffed into this laptop when I received it five years ago (and I still don't know if I've found and uninstalled all the ones I can safely get rid of), and Windows 10 just keeps adding to the pile with every major update. I'll try uninstalling some games and see if that helps alleviate the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmauden View Post
    The mission I'm making is roughly 3000 brushes altogether at the moment, and I've always been careful to never disable grid snapping (I still do the "highlight unsnapped" and "gridsnap highlighted" commands on occasion as a precaution).

Memory sounds like a potential culprit, considering how much software my college stuffed into this laptop when I received it five years ago (and I still don't know if I've found and uninstalled all the ones I can safely get rid of), and Windows 10 just keeps adding to the pile with every major update. I'll try uninstalling some games and see if that helps alleviate the issue.
    It's not really stuff installed, it's the volatile memory like ram and CPU, not storage space, unless you have so little hard drive space that Windows can't use its swap file. But you would have to be pretty full.
    Unless you mean stuff running at the same time, but you can just close all else before running Dromed, anyway.

If you put your cow files on google drive, I can run optimize to see if I get the same error.

But also, do you use multi-brushing a lot?
    Keep in mind if you do, that once a multibrush is ungrouped/dissolved (after being moved by dragging), some brushes within that group, could become partially unsnapped - and have the power to not be detected by "highlight unsnapped". Think of it like stress fractures to the some of the brushes like they're lagging behind as they're dragged.

I believe they go undetected by the "highlight unsnapped" because of the small off-grid numbers it causes. Too small to see by that command.

If you ever have to move a multibrush group, type in your numbers of new coordinates manually to avoid this. Or, if you must drag, then drag, but once you dissolve the multibrush, grab each brush that was just a member of that group, and move them a little holding shift, to take advantage of the singular drag-snapping.

If you've gone on too long doing this it could be the reason. The best method is hope that when the error happens you also have errors with coordinates in the monolog you can teleport to and see if the brushes around there are not crazy like X coord being "10.004" instead of "10". IF there is no errors in mono with coord, you have to tab through all of your brushes to find these "crazy" coord numbers. Perhaps you can narrow it down to where you know you did the most multibrush dragging.

Multibrushes...that's got to be it. The day before I started getting the error, I was moving a bunch of terrain around with multibrushes. I thought I'd made sure to snap them in place afterwards, but apparently not.

Stupid topiary's gonna be the death of me...

Did you snap each brush individually or was it each whole multibrush that was snapped? Try the former.

I once had a similar problem (I don't think it was the same error message though), but it was only a set of doorways. In the end I had to delete the multibrushes and just clone each brush one by one. That was in OldDark.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    Did you snap each brush individually or was it each whole multibrush that was snapped? Try the former.
    This, my tl;dr is this

Yes, I made sure to go back and snap each brush into place after dissolving the multibrushes.

Though at this point, maybe I'm better off just deleting those brushes entirely, and hoping and praying that puts an end to this. March 23 is coming up way too fast...