TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TG FM - Lone Rock Outpost (Dromed Summer Speedbuild Competition)

TG FM - Lone Rock Outpost (Dromed Summer Speedbuild Competition)

Lone Rock Outpost by Vegetables, download here from contest thread

Nice little mission vegetables, couple of hidden places to find but nothing too difficult. I especially liked the way you teleport back onto land if you fall into the water., and the gold nugget, sneaky way to collect that.

PS. I've discovered you receive an extra 1g if you complete a bonus objective, not sure if that was intended by vegetables as Dromed does not include that extra 1g and it does not appear in the end game stats until you have completed the bonus objective, so the end game loot is either 1365g or 1366g.
    Last edited by fortuni; 16th Aug 2021 at 09:58.

That is intentional. It's a bit of a weird easter egg that requires knowledge outside the game so I didn't want it to be required to get 100% loot.

Loved this mission, great atmosphere, reminded me of Resi 4.

Really enjoyed this one. Great atmosphere, reminded me a bit of Precious Cargo.

I just had one question - was there anything to do with the little decal/circle thingy on the rock at the end of the bridge to nowhere ?

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Really enjoyed this one. Great atmosphere, reminded me a bit of Precious Cargo.
    I just had one question - was there anything to do with the little decal/circle thingy on the rock at the end of the bridge to nowhere ?
    I came to ask about the same thing. I tried arrows on it, and on the large face upstairs but didn't see a change.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    and on the large face upstairs
    The face is openable though.

I found the secret behind the face, which was very cool, but still doesn't seem to have anything to do with the circle on the rock.

Are any others unable to play this mission? I have the same/similar problem Aged Raver reported in the release thread, using AngelLoader it installs but when I start it I only get the original game not the FM. I tried different downloads and also extracted the 7z files then made them into a zip file but it didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahenjo View Post
    Are any others unable to play this mission? I have the same/similar problem Aged Raver reported in the release thread, using AngelLoader it installs but when I start it I only get the original game not the FM. I tried different downloads and also extracted the 7z files then made them into a zip file but it didn't help.
    You probably try to launch it as Thief 2 mission. This way you will start with Running Interference. This is Thief Gold mission.

Yes, I knew it was for TG. I found it works properly if I install it with FMSel (uninstalled and deleted archive in AngelLoader first, closed AL then put the FM file back into my TG archive folder to try with FMSel), and then it appears as installed in AngelLoader and I can play it from there. But for some reason installing it through AngelLoader didn't work, and all other 7z files work fine in AL.

What a cool mission, a prison on a remote island!
    Thief fanmission authors really never cease to amaze me with their original ideas. No matter how many fanmissions are out there, there are always new original ones coming out!

Another great entry to this competition, Thanks Frank

There is something realistic with the dull white sky, lack of any ambient or moody light, and ordinary white walls. I can smell the air that taste like nothing, the water that doesn't had a salty fresh breeze but stench of dampness and algae.

On different tune, cool trick with the water. Not only it stops player from useless exploration, but also offers FREE REAL teleport to the boat. Well, that's how I went back to the starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by wycha View Post

On different tune, cool trick with the water. Not only it stops player from useless exploration, but also offers FREE REAL teleport to the boat. Well, that's how I went back to the starting point.
    Clever you! I didn't think of that

Fun and quick mission. I could see this mission getting expanded on with more AI. There were some good sneaky hiding places for stuff. There were a couple of bugs where I got stuck on the stairs going back down to the boat and when I jumped to where I placed a moss arrow going through the archway to the third floor (Froze midair and had to reload from last save). I don't normally like daylight missions but this one was pretty good.

Very cool mission. Strongly reminds me of The Widow's Ire.

Very beautiful mission! Thought I'd found all the loot, but reading this thread suggests otherwise. Hmm...

I'm suspicious about the treasure map in the secret attic and the circle at the end of the bridge, but couldn't figure anything out.

over in discord Zaratul figured out that the character names were all references to the Knight cards in the game Dominion.

so i did a little more poking around on that wiki and learned something amazing:

"whats so amazing about that? thats just the reference art for the mission?" i hear you exclaim. that is true, but also, consider these:

and the secret bonus objective in the mission is also connected! hint: one of the Knights in the mission can be played like their namesake card.
    Last edited by vfig; 15th Sep 2021 at 14:40.

Vegetables,

This was quite cool, When I realized the scepter was right in front of me after going around awhile and it dawned how to get it. I laughed.

Very fun to play.

I finished this lovely fan mission. The overall setting was beautiful and I would be glad if more island-/sea-themed missions are released in the future.
    After half an hour I finished this mission with only 30 short in loot. In terms of loot-placing it was executed perfectly - often slightly hidden, realistic placement. I liked the tunnel, where a gold nugget can be broken out of the wall. The solution came to me inuitively. To gain access to the scepter, the player has to access the room via the roof - bravo and well executed! Even the secret tower room can be easily found.

And the cards reference is pretty cool

Nice mission, well looking Castle outside and inside , i was able to complete the mission in 15 minutes, had a short but enjoyable experience. Thank you!

I have the same problem. Did you fix it?

I donīt get the bonus objective at all. According to fortuniīs walkthrough you have to place sir vander on the altar of the chapel. Why sir vander? And why placing him on the altar? On top of that it didnīt even work for me. I placed him (the guy from the top floor we know is sir vander cause of the patrol list) on the altar of the chapel. But nothing happens. Very confusing.

I believe the bonus objective is an inside joke/Easter egg based on the game Dominion. I don’t know the game, so I’m as clueless as you as to how it works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast