TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spin Tires

I get Steam sale messages about this game every so often, but I never quite convince myself to buy it. I do appreciate the stream of screenshots and videos in this thread, though.

Level 10,000 achieved

Spintires rides again!

After a whole lot of trouble between developer Pavel Zagrebelny and publishers Oovee, Zagrebelny has found a new publisher in Focus Home Interactive and will be releasing a new and improved version of Spintires in October.

Owners of Spintires can pick the new game up for -50%. While I could gripe about having to pay for it again, I'm really just happy that a way forward has been found and that Spintires has a future again.

RPS has more details

Moderator and Priest
    The one thing I don't understand about the Spintires games is why don't these Russian loggers just wait until it's dry out before hauling the logs?

You know how it is; when you need a log, you need a log.

Ice&snow, slush, mud. Those are your choices. There's no dry season.

Moderator and Priest
    So what you're all saying is that they're stubborn?

Well, duh. It's a henke sim.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Wait, shit, was this coming out today already? But I have to finish Prey! And play Party Hard for my backlog reduction project! And play more Oxenfree!

*watches video*

*puts everything else on hold*

It needs a movie. Wouldn't that be awesome huh....

Level 10,000 achieved

First impressions

They've added a tutorial at the start so you'll know what you're supposed to be doing in the game. In other words, DUMBED IT DOWN FOR CASUALS!

It plays much better with gamepad now. Previously you had to still used M+KB for things like attaching winches.

Cockpit cam is very nice, I like switching into it for long stretches, and then switching back out once I get stuck. No functional rear-view mirrors though! Boo!

A new Challenges-mode has been added, where you perform various level-based challenges and try to improve your score. Ok, fine.

The main feature of the singleplayer content is still the open-world levels though, where you're given free rein to accomplish your task of delivering lumber.

Look at what I just found! Vroom vroom! Ok it's getting late, gotta make dinner.

That's an hilariously high-energy action-packed trailer for Lumber Delivery Simulator.

Awesome to see they've finally added a cockpit cam. Does it have VR support?? That could be a great match.

The real question is: if I'm playing with a wheel without full shifter (Driving Force GT), can I switch gears without using the dpad or mouse?
    Last edited by Zerker; 2nd Nov 2017 at 10:06.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I have that exact wheel! I did see an option for Wheel in the menus, will have to try it out.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Tried it, nope. The shifting is indeed an issue when using a wheel. Seems you have to have a manual gearbox for it to work. Then again I'm not sure how well things like rotating the camera would work with a wheel, it really is designed for M+KB or gamepad.

Level 10,000 achieved

The finest of truckshots...

Oooh, there's an option called "Disable HUD in Steam Screenshots". Every game should have this option.

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Tried it, nope. The shifting is indeed an issue when using a wheel. Seems you have to have a manual gearbox for it to work. Then again I'm not sure how well things like rotating the camera would work with a wheel, it really is designed for M+KB or gamepad.
    It was okay using the wheel's dpad for camera, but not really for gear shifting. Guess I still need to place my trackball beside the wheel for that, then.

Level 10,000 achieved

Today, Spintires: Mudrunner is coming... TO AMERICA! *cowboy hat*

Ooooohhh yeah baby. This is the MAJOR VIDEO GAME RELEASE OF THE WEEK if you ask me.

red dead redemption two more like red dead redemption WHO????

jk still psyched about rdr2.

but first... LETS SPIN THEM TIRES!

Ok, it's downloaded now, will report back with first impressions soon!

Level 10,000 achieved
    First impressions: yup, that's Spintires in America alright.

Moderator and Priest
    In honor of Henke, I just fired up Dirt Rally, and raced on the Finland tracks.

It had lots of dirt, but not much mud.

Level 10,000 achieved

Spintires news HOT OF THE PRESSES!

First off, the original Spintires publishers Oovee have started making noise recently about bringing the original game back. Today the first update in ages was released, in beta-form. Here's the changelog, they're putting in weather effects and tweaking particles and sounds mainly. I played a bit of it, aaaand, eh... didn't notice anything remarkably new, mostly I'm just struck by how dated it feels compared to Mudrunner.

Secondly, there's a new, free Old-Timers DLC coming to Mudrunner April 30th! Also they've been showing off Mudrunner 2 to journos, so hopefully we'll read something about that before too long. Here's a screenshot with SNOW IN IT! HYPE!

Moderator and Priest
    THERE WILL BE SO MUCH MUD IN THAT SNOW!

Moderator and Priest
    AND BLOOD!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123