TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Return to Bafford Manor Completed! 2/25/2004

Quote Originally Posted by marycwmbach
    Does anyone know if there is a sword to be had in this FM.
    There was one leaning against the wall in the sentry place near the entrance to Baffords but it was not frobbable.

Thanks
    It's in the house occupied by the thief you're supposed to kill (I can't remember his name but you'll know him when you see him). The house is not far from Bafford's. The sword is labeled "CUTLERY" (don't ask me). There is also another sword called the "DEAD MAKER" (?) floating atop a pyramid that is situated in the middle of Bafford's pool. By the way, I think that second sword is one of your objectives.

Thanks metal dawn.

Managed to finish on expert.
    Last edited by marycwmbach; 27th Jul 2005 at 13:33.

Hi, just started playing this mission, and I need to know if it's a bug or deliberate...If you go south from the Hammerite place, the one with the two large hammers on either side of the door, and then make a right, there is a building with a frobbable door and inside is a little man trying to kill me with a sword with no success, so I pretty much ignore him, and steal the chest contents, a scroll, and something else? but when I leave, he follows me all over town and sets every guard after me. It's very annoying.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by llanita View Post
    Hi, just started playing this mission, and I need to know if it's a bug or deliberate...If you go south from the Hammerite place, the one with the two large hammers on either side of the door, and then make a right, there is a building with a frobbable door and inside is a little man trying to kill me with a sword with no success, so I pretty much ignore him, and steal the chest contents, a scroll, and something else? but when I leave, he follows me all over town and sets every guard after me. It's very annoying.
    Sounds likeyou found Brosnos,he is a snitch, and meant to be that way. Don't you have an objective to kill him?

Well, I can't hit him with the BJ, and when I start shooting arrows he runs away. Never mind.

I killed him with a sword I found in that same room

Where is the sceptre and what do I do with it? That's the only objective I have left.
    Last edited by llanita; 16th Jul 2013 at 08:51.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by llanita View Post
    Well, I can't hit him with the BJ, and when I start shooting arrows he runs away. Never mind.

I killed him with a sword I found in that same room

Where is the sceptre and what do I do with it? That's the only objective I have left.
    Go to the Hammerite outpost which is located around the corner from Brosnos room. Then go up the ladder. Should be on a table as evidence. You remove it, so as to remove the evidence kept by the Hammerites, so Cutty can't be found guilty. Without it, there is no case against him, since originally Garrett fenced it to Cutty.

thank you! All finished. Very enjoyable mission. I'm off to play Lord Bafford's Secret now.

Return to Bafford Manor seems to take place in an alternate timeline in which Garrett frees Cutty before the old fence can get taken to Cragscleft and in which Ramirez has been hired to guard Bafford's manor while the lord is off to buy a new scepter.

darthsLair's revamp of Lord Bafford’s Manor is crammed full of new objectives. It was satisfying getting them to tick off one by one.

There was an opportunity here to change the interior of Bafford's and to add new challenges for players revisiting one of the most iconic Thief missions. I half expected to find a note from lord Bafford in which he announces that due to the recent break-in, security has been tightened considerably. But nothing much has changed inside the building in Return to Bafford Manor. Guards are generally in the places they were before. Rooms are mostly same, except for the room which now contains the Dead Maker sword and in the now partially blocked-off basement.

Where there are additional rooms, there is a clash between darthsLair's rather boxy rooms and Dorian Hart‘s original work. The old and the new never quite mesh. Some of the new is even a bit sloppy: In the secret passage from the rooftop gardens to the throne room, you can jump up and see beyond the intended level boundary because the ceiling is missing. I do not remember that from the original mission.

Two of the new objectives seem to contradict each other: One objective says you need to prevent a thug named Brosnos from getting framed. Another objectives says you need to kill Brosnos. Why would you want to prevent someone from getting framed when you were intending to kill them anyway? Maybe I am missing something.

Finished on Normal in 55 minutes with 3454 of 3654 total loot.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123