TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

23 19.49%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

34 28.81%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

47 39.83%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

2 1.69%
  • I don't know what's going on!

12 10.17%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

Of course Elizabeth Warren is an American Indian...that's what is says right here on her Texas Bar Registration Card, back in 1986!...

...and don't let that orange redneck racist tell you otherwise!...

Holy shit, Vae. Try not to be such an irrelevant cock all the time.

This isn't about whether or not Warren is an Indian it's about Trump being a fucking racist, either because he is an insensitive hate monger or because he's too ignorant to understand his own fucking tweets.

Can you follow that or do you need a diagram?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
    This isn't about whether or not Warren is an Indian it's about Trump being a fucking racist
    Pay attention!!!...

I already said he was a racist!...Everyone knows that when you use the word "trail", that automatically makes you guilty of being racist!...

...Critical thinking, be damned!...

Right. You were just joking... You actually aren't actually defending Trump.

*** BREAKING NEWS ***

Senate Has Found No Evidence Of Collusion Between Trump And Russia

Well thank god that's over with. Now we know there was no point in doing any of these investigations.

Phew. Long live Trump.

Finally, the Republican-led Senate investigation has exonerated Lord Dampnut! No direct evidence of collusion!

In other news, a supporter of Lord Dampnut attacked a BBC cameraman at a rally, shoving him and trying to smash the camera.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47219957

The idea that someone would attack Ron is frankly preposterous. He's the wrong guy. But of course it wasn't Ron that was being attacked.

To the drunken lout in the red Make America Great Again hat at the Trump rally, who bravely attacked him from behind while he was looking through the 12lbs (5kg) of camera on his tripod and couldn't see him, that didn't matter.

Ron wasn't Ron. Ron was the media. And the media are fair game, aren't they?

I covered endless Trump rallies in the run-up to the election and since - and there is a pattern. The attacks on the media are hugely popular with his supporters. They are every bit as much a part of his "set" as Honky Tonk Woman and Satisfaction are part of a Rolling Stones concert. You just can't imagine it not happening.

If you've never been to a Trump rally let me describe what it's like.

At some rallies at the end of the election campaign there were police officers posted on the access points to each press riser (the platforms where our cameras are mounted towards the back of the venue); even if there were no police they were confined areas.

There was no security last night, and the attack on Ron was stopped by a Trump-supporting blogger. Law enforcement were slow to get involved.

At some point in the president's remarks he will point a finger to where we are filming and you know then the fun is about to begin. "Have you seen a group of more dishonest people? They are fake news; they are the enemies of the people."

And like at a Christmas pantomime the crowd would jeer and boo. Honestly, for the overwhelming majority it is good fun; a part of the ritual. Like being at a football match and saying disobliging things about the referee.

But for a few - and I should add, a growing few, it is more than that. The uncomfortable truth is that with each month that passes the attacks have become more vociferous, the violent atmosphere on these occasions more palpable.

All of my colleagues have stories of occasions when they've been jostled; some have been spat at. Last night Ron heard the words 'CNN sucks' and '[expletive] the media' before he was taken down.

[...]

None of us goes into journalism expecting a grateful public to be throwing rose petals in our path as we walk along, or carrying us aloft as conquering heroes.

But in a healthy democracy surely we ought to be able to report a president's speech without - literally - having to look over our shoulder.
    Last edited by Starker; 12th Feb 2019 at 22:36.

I'm amused that even the Republican led investigation felt the need to qualify its stance with "direct". Nevermind the veritable mountain of circumstantial evidence behind the curtain...

I have a feeling that Mueller might disagree with the Senate.

Vae, you tipped your hand too soon. You were so convincing as an anti-Trumpete.

The senate's opinion is irrelevant. The opinion that matters is the grand jury that decides whether or not to indict. You don't even need Mueller for that; they can indict whoever is the special counsel, or even if there isn't one, if he's fired and a replacement isn't selected. The Senate is relevant only to the extent that, with the info they have & political circumstances in which they're situated, they wouldn't vote to ratify the, at this point slam dunk, impeachment. But that could change very quickly depending on what information comes out. Trump's an iron giant with clay feet, etc.

But at least the Republicans didn't find a smoking gun that he's doing Russia's bidding wittingly. That's... something, right? Now, absent of evidence being turned up by the special counsel probe, the only question is whether he's doing it unwittingly or half-wittingly. Never mind emoluments or election laws or obstruction of justice or any of that other stuff for now.

Hold on! Maybe this Trump guy isn't so bad. I mean everybody loves a parade, right!?

On Tuesday Mr Trump said: “We’re thinking about doing, on the 4th of July or thereabouts, a parade, a Salute to America Parade. I guess it’d be really more of a gathering than a parade. Perhaps at the Lincoln Memorial. We’re looking at sites. But we’re thinking about doing something that would, perhaps, become a tradition.”
    I am starting to like this guy.

@Starker: But you really have to wonder about the whole 'wittingly/unwittingly' thing when the FBI investigates him to determine whether or not he's actually a Russian agent. Besides, collusion is collusion, no such thing as 'unwittingly' there. And it's been quite obvious for the past two years that the Senate has their collective heads so far up Trump's ass it's a wonder they aren't all suffering from oxygen deprivation. Oh wait ......

Hold on! Maybe this Trump guy isn't so bad. I mean everybody loves a parade, right!?

I am starting to like this guy.
    'Those with a functioning grasp of tradition were quick to point out Washington already holds a sizeable annual parade on 4 July each year.'

Yeah, guess that leaves Trump out since that ridiculous creature doesn't seem to have a 'functioning grasp' of pretty much anything. *smh*

And does anyone on his staff even bother to try to rein him in on his blatant lying anymore?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0a8731aea8cdf

Lol. I was on the House capital balcony for the '98 4th of July parade. Can't get much better seats than that. Lest anyone forget, I worked for two Republican congressmen, the majority leader Armey & the wacko climate change denying cat Barton. We appointed W to be President in my time there.... Well "we". I was just outside the proverbial smoke filled room. So never let it be said I don't understand how the GOP thinks. (I suppose the maj. leader in the Senate gets the Senate balcony for the 4th. The finance chairmen unsurprisingly gets the central balcony.)

Lord Dampnut also proposed doing fireworks on that day. Who knows, maybe it will catch on and become a tradition or something.

Imagine him claiming credit for that idea. I can.

Trump didn't get what he wanted out of Congress. Time for a national emergency.

The emergency declaration combined with the $1.375 billion in the spending measure dedicated to fencing and other reprogrammed funds would allow the president to put together about $8 billion for barriers along the border, according to an administration official, more than the $5.7 billion he had been seeking from Congress.

[. . .]

Seven Senate Democrats, including four announced or possible presidential candidates, immediately introduced legislation intended to block Mr. Trump from diverting money from disaster relief for the wall. Some House Democrats, including Representative Jerrold Nadler of New York, the chairman of the Judiciary Committee, began endorsing a joint resolution to essentially nullify a national emergency declaration.
    The next phase of the fight begins. I wonder how good a job it will do at diverting public attention from the ongoing investigations.

This is exactly the sort of direct abuse of law and power that impeachment was designed for. This invented national emergency is more spurious than the Iraqi WMD, and he's not even pretending that he's doing it for any other reason than to make an end-run around Congress' constitutional power.

Trump already shot himself in the foot on this one. He has made it a matter of public record that declaring an emergency is just a ruse to get funding for his wall.

Anyway, at the last rally in Texas he said the wall was already built, it just needed to be "finished". So there is no real emergency and there is already a wall.

Trumpistas are so fixated on Donny Little Hands getting his way they don't seem to appreciate Pelosi's warning that this would set a precedent for future presidents to declare spurious emergencies to advance their agendas, agendas the Tea Party might not agree with.

The whole rule of law thing I don't think has occurred to them. The whole point of having rule of law and a government of checks and balances is so an executive can't just make shit up and say L'etat, c'est moi. It's a very weird reversal. Remember it was Republicans that renamed May 1 "Law Day" (or Rule of Law Day) to emphasize what the US & West are that the USSR & other dictatorships weren't. Oh how far they've fallen from that tree.

Trump already shot himself in the foot on this one. He has made it a matter of public record that declaring an emergency is just a ruse to get funding for his wall.
    Eh, he did the same thing with the "Muslim Ban" and the Supreme Court still swallowed his lawyers' argument that it wasn't really intended that way, even as Trump himself kept right on tweeting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    This is exactly the sort of direct abuse of law and power that impeachment was designed for.
    I am still very uncomfortable with the idea of removing an elected President, but I'm beginning to agree. I think the Supreme Court may side with him on this issue, because Congress did knowingly give the President emergency powers, assuming they wouldn't be abused. If they do, impeachment may be the only way to reign in the abuse. It's sad because at the start of his administration, it looked like Trump might be the one to finally broker a comprehensive immigration reform deal.

Trump is incapable of a comprehensive anything. He can't even keep his lies straight. If he had the wisdom to know his own limitations, surround himself with genuinely brilliant people, then bask in their glory, he might have done some good but he's too arrogant, avaricious and paranoid to share power and too old and stupid to change.

He has always been a threat to the USA, with zero regard for the Constitution and rule of law.

It's not a national emergency if the invaders vote the way we want!...Then they become welcomed friends!...

...and if the Supreme Court allows the President to protect the United States with a wall, in order to reduce death and dysfunction, then they are racist!...

Page 397 of 411 FirstFirst ... 147297347352357362367372377382387392393394395396397398399400401402407 ... LastLast