TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415

Thread: New FM program: NewDarkLoader version 1.5.8

Look inside the .zip file containing the NewDarkloader download. Double-click on the readme.html file. Click Installation.

You should see installation instructions then which should cover what you have to do with the files. Basically, you extract three of the files inside the .zip archive into your Thief 2 directory (AKA folder), then edit the cam_mod.ini file.

Recommendation: If you have Thief 1 and 2 installed, make separate NewDarkloader installtions for each of them. Also, store fan missions for Thief 1 in another directory than those for Thief 2. This makes it a lot easier to not accidentally run a Thief 1 fan mission with Thief 2 or vice versa.

Problem with newdarkloader:

Worked fine for ages. Had a Thief2 crash which required a new installation. In my experience, as a frequent FM player, this happens regularly - a couple of times a year - and I am used to re-installing.
    This time, I started with FMSel and then installed NewDarkLoader as per the instructions. Unfortunately, even running as administrator, the setup screen, where you enter the FM path will not save and every time I start up, I am faced with this set up. Therefore the FMs are never selectable. Reverting to FMSel is OK.

Try using Angeloader instead. RSoul did an excellent job with NewDarkLoader and I give the highest praise for it.

Good call! AngelLoader works fine.
    Thanks for the tip.

Glad to hear it. Hope you have a lot of fun.

everything is fine, but i cant find cam_mid.ini and i cant go through the steps...

Its completely unclear, how to install the newdarkloader, and its absurd, that i have to make every steps instead the programmers.
    The readme file doesnt tell me, when i have to delete the ; before the "fm" becasue there is so many lines that starts like this.
    then, if you dont patch your thief, you wont find any file named: cam_mod.ini.
    And again, the file isnt tell you, when you have to copy and paste "NewDarkLoader.dll" file....in my opinion this newdarkloader is just a bunch of headaches.
    Use Angelloader instead of it, becasue its far far more easy that newdarkloader.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Arthur View Post
    that i have to make every steps instead the programmers.
    There's only one of me, and as a hobbyist I haven't put in the time and effort required to make an installer. I hope you can forgive my laziness.

The instructions seem quite clear to me, but that's obvious because if I didn't think they were clear I would have re-worded them. The very first step tells you what to extract and where. As for when, it's not that important, but with it being in step 1 it makes sense to do that first.

There's only one line that reads ";fm". The other lines that start like that have other characters after it, but I can see how it could be unclear if you're not used to certain ways of doing things.

Anyway, I'm sure AngelLoader will give you the FM goodness you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Arthur View Post
    Its completely unclear, how to install the newdarkloader, and its absurd, that i have to make every steps instead the programmers.
    The readme file doesnt tell me, when i have to delete the ; before the "fm" becasue there is so many lines that starts like this.
    then, if you dont patch your thief, you wont find any file named: cam_mod.ini.
    And again, the file isnt tell you, when you have to copy and paste "NewDarkLoader.dll" file....in my opinion this newdarkloader is just a bunch of headaches.
    Use Angelloader instead of it, becasue its far far more easy that newdarkloader.
    Wow. Really? Ungrateful much?

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    There's only one of me, and as a hobbyist I haven't put in the time and effort required to make an installer. I hope you can forgive my laziness.

The instructions seem quite clear to me, but that's obvious because if I didn't think they were clear I would have re-worded them. The very first step tells you what to extract and where. As for when, it's not that important, but with it being in step 1 it makes sense to do that first.

There's only one line that reads ";fm". The other lines that start like that have other characters after it, but I can see how it could be unclear if you're not used to certain ways of doing things.

Anyway, I'm sure AngelLoader will give you the FM goodness you need.
    Thanks for all you do for the Thief community, Robin.

+1

So I was organizing my Thief FM's, deleting some I didn't like that much, and now my NewDarkLoader is giving me errors, and still showing deleted missions in the list (which disappear when I select them, but always return). Then it gives me this intermittent error:

I tried refreshing the list to no avail. This is only happening with T1. I was deleting missions with NDL open, but that was never an issue before.

Full error below

Code:
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
       at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
       at NewDarkLoader.Form1.getCellValue(Int32 row, Int32 col)
       at NewDarkLoader.Form1.fmTable_CellToolTipTextNeeded(Object sender, DataGridViewCellToolTipTextNeededEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellToolTipTextNeeded(DataGridViewCellToolTipTextNeededEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellToolTipTextNeeded(Int32 columnIndex, Int32 rowIndex, String toolTipText)
       at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCell.GetToolTipText(Int32 rowIndex)
       at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCell.OnCellDataAreaMouseEnterInternal(Int32 rowIndex)
       at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCell.OnMouseMoveInternal(DataGridViewCellMouseEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellMouseMove(DataGridViewCellMouseEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.UpdateMouseEnteredCell(HitTestInfo hti, MouseEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1055.0 built by: NETFXREL2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    NewDarkLoader
        Assembly Version: 1.5.8.0
        Win32 Version: 1.5.8.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/ThiefG/NewDarkLoader.DLL
    System.Windows.Forms
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Configuration
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Core
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Xml
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    SevenZipSharp
        Assembly Version: 0.64.3890.29348
        Win32 Version: 0.64.3890.29348
        CodeBase: file:///C:/ThiefG/SevenZipSharp.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Ok I fixed it. For anyone having errors, just rename your FM's folder, and it will reset the program (but keep all the comments, ratings, &c intact)

It's actually at version 1.6.1 but I forgot to update the first post. That won't fix the above issue though, but still good to use the latest version.

Regarding the bug, I've just tested with mine and I also get errors under those conditions - not the exact same error message but it's all caused by the same thing. I don't think it matters that for you it only happens with T1, because NDL for both games is the same program, and zip files are zip files. It's more likely to be a matter

It shouldn't be necessary to rename any folders. When the program starts, it scans the FM archive folder and generates the table. From then on the table is treated as gospel. Clicking a row makes NDL look in its ini file for info, and any info not found is read from the zip file and saved to the ini for future reference (except for the readme).

NDL has a refresh button which is intended to be used when FM archives are added/removed. I could have that triggered automatically by getting the program to monitor the archive folder for changes, but there may be a performance cost or reliability problems with networked drives.

Can you check if things settle down if you use the refresh button after deleting FMs?
    - bear in mind that if you've installed an FM (default location: Thief2\FMs\[fm folder] and delete the archive only, the FM will still show up in the list, but NDL's Uninstall button will delete the folder and should warn you that there's no zip file any more.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415