TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: TMA20AC Mission — The Builder's Paradise (Mar 24, 2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Dahenjo View Post
    Thanks Sagittal, I didn't realize the ceiling in there would take a vine arrow!

That makes 9/9 secrets but still short 75 loot.

So I guess the projector room is either a red herring or an easter egg to still figure out....

Me too! I only tried with a vine arrow after I'd thrown a scouting orb up there and seen something.

Galaer, where did you find that "one damn key"? I've completed all objectives but for the one involving that key. I've searched everywhere twice. Readable suggested it might be found in the break room around the art but if it's there I can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by glwhalen View Post
    Galaer, where did you find that "one damn key"?
    Do you mean the Rare Ore Storage key? Search the bottom level floor of the Extraction Section, near the chest with the replacement Memory Cell.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    where was that one?
    I got chased around the museum area by zombie Kernel, and the light-faced spider kept finding me any time I was near the factory - maybe that one had some dog programming?
    Near the start when you are outside throw a scouting orb down to the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBogan View Post
    I have also just tested, both on T2Fix 1.27b and a manual 1.27 install from the t2_v127.zip (all separate directories, of course). Both crashed after about the same time.

My clean GOG install, with 1.26, has never had this crash. Multiple people involved with beta-testing used 1.27 without this issue, however. I have no idea what the cause is.

The only suspicious thing I've found in the monolog before the crash happens is "Sphere (Player (5789) - 0) out of world! (43028c8b c2fd9434 41ab978d) to (43028c8c c2fd9413 41aa3bec) (3f99999a radius)" or bugs to that effect.

EDIT: If you have this kind of crash, drag and drop Thief2.exe over EnableLAA.exe. They should be in the same folder. This only has to be done once.

EDIT 2: This EnableLAA 'fix' merely forestalls the issue, for most players affected. The bug is actually a result of memory leak in the AnimatedLens.nut script, as Jax64 and others have now discovered. A corrected script will be forthcoming, pending the author(s) approval.

The only time this mission crashed on me is when I listened to the first victrola. I honestly don't remember if I quick loaded a quick save prior to that point though.

Also I thought that the loud harsh noise was supposed to be in the mission. I thought it added to the ambience, though I don't know what it was really supposed to sound like.
    Last edited by john9818a; 29th Apr 2020 at 00:11.

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    Do you mean the Rare Ore Storage key? Search the bottom level floor of the Extraction Section, near the chest with the replacement Memory Cell.
    Thanks! I've now achieved all objectives except the Optional one. I have all the items except the Stone item. I had assumed it was in the Rare Ore Storage room but it wasn't. Would someone please tell me where to find it. I've been over the entire place many times.

It is in that room - carry the ore downstairs to the grinders, throw it in one then the Stone item will appear at your feet.

Thanks. Since the Ore in the Storage Room didn't go into the inventory I figured it was a red herring.

Can anyone give me a hint to the 9th secret? So far I have found:

(Edited for correctness)
    The arrow cache above the river in the basement
    The hammerite storage room in the basement
    The Keepers' area
    The body above the museum
    The room behind the fence across from Kernel's voice log
    The canisters and water arrows in the center of the factory
    The coin from the main staircase
    The cache above the council chambers

And (not actually flagged as secrets, but I wasn't certain when I wrote the list initially):

The gear weapon (not flagged as a secret however)
    The body above the nave

What did I miss? Hints only please, not outright answers.
    Last edited by vfig; 4th May 2020 at 17:50.

Quote Originally Posted by vfig View Post
    Can anyone give me a hint to the 9th secret? So far I have found:

The Keepers' area
    The body above the museum
    The body above the nave
    The canisters and water arrows in the center of the factory
    The coin from the main staircase
    The cache above the council chambers
    The hammerite storage room in the basement (can't remember if this is flagged as a secret?)
    The arrow cache above the river in the basement
    The gear weapon (not flagged as a secret however)

I think it may be the one in the area where you first meet Kernel after the Museum and before getting to the Observatory

Quote Originally Posted by vfig View Post
    Can anyone give me a hint to the 9th secret?

The Hammerite storage room is counted, so you should have 8 and Sagittal's hint is correct for the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    I think it may be the one in the area where you first meet Kernel after the Museum and before getting to the Observatory
    Thank you! But in fact I have also been there (over the wall and through the door opposite Kernel's audio log) but didn’t remember it when writing the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahenjo View Post
    The Hammerite storage room is counted, so you should have 8 and Sagittal's hint is correct for the last one.
    Then either one of the others in my list is incorrect—I wasn't taking notes as I went, so it was from memory; and as just demonstrated, my memory is somewhat faulty!—or my list is complete and one of these didn’t trigger properly this time around? (It was my second time through the mission). I’ll have to go back and double-check. But thank you both for your answers!

Edit: yes, my list was faulty. The body above the nave is not a secret. So I'm still missing the 9th one.
    Last edited by vfig; 4th May 2020 at 17:51.

Missing secret - closeby and south of the area with the green liquid tank where you found the secret of the toxic water cannisters and water arrows

Thank you, Sagittal! I spotted it immediately as I was on the way back to that acid pool, as I just happened to look in the right direction to see the blue gem thing that I had somehow missed before on countless trips past that point! And I had already found the gas arrow and the fire arrows directly above there, but I guess I never looked down!

My bad ... I thought by "the body above the nave" you meant the one below the gas/fire arrows but called it nave instead of factory, because there isn't really a body above the nave just some bones with the other items. In earlier plays I had thought that was a secret too, which threw my count off until I realized it wasn't.

Hi! I need some help! I found almost everything, and i switched all valves in the basement (5) and stopped the grinder with a helmet in the factory, BUT i cant get into the karras quarters. I changed the crystals too, but the door dont want to open...

It's not just changing the crystals, you have to turn a valve in his quarters and follow the instructions to flick two levers in the control room.

Well, I have to say I didnīt like this one much and dropped it halfway through. But thatīs just my opinion, the FM itself is awesomely made, the details and atmosphere are great.

Just what I didnīt like was that undead robot-guy. Here in the forum I read thatīs actually Kernel. Well, whenever I looked around in a room, he just went exactly where I was and I couldnīt get away anymore. Sometimes I was stuck and sometimes heīd just annoy the hell out of me.

Maybe Iīll replay this someday. On normal difficulty, is it possible to kill or destroy him?

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha1 View Post
    On normal difficulty, is it possible to kill or destroy him?
    Yes, you need to get something before you go inside...
    https://youtu.be/SJ2eRiMskCA?t=950

Ohhh nice, thank you for the info!

I'm still in the middle of the mission but just wanted to say holy crap is this good. At this rate it'll take me a year to work through all the FM's in this contest but its so amazing to be playing such awesome levels 20 years after the release, you guys rule.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910