TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

    22 19.30%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

    32 28.07%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

    46 40.35%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

    2 1.75%
  • I don't know what's going on!

    12 10.53%
Page 382 of 383 FirstFirst ... 132282332337342347352357362367372377378379380381382383 LastLast
Results 9,526 to 9,550 of 9571

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

  1. #9526
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    They kicked off the fiscal and foreign policy attitudes that are now standard among Republicans, but the tendency towards hyperpartisanship didn't start building until after 2001, and the creepy rhetoric didn't really kick into gear until Trump started running for the presidency.

  2. #9527
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2002
    Location: In the flesh.
    Truly bizarre how ill informed and poorly read they are. I suppose that makes them easy game for Alex Jones types. When you have such large gaps in your information then piecing the puzzle fragments together becomes a matter of what you want to see. Surely the failure of the education system is a part of it but I can't help but feel it is a calculated effort by the wealthy through media such as talk radio and Fox to prevent the masses from understanding how much of a screwing they are getting by the rich. The rich have always tried to do that but I just never expected it to actually work. Certainly not in my lifetime. I'm constantly surprised every time I run into one of them how little they know about anything. Do they spend all day just thinking about sex and pizza? WTF? It's twilight zone stuff.

  3. #9528
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2003
    Location: Location, Location
    Aw hell, I'll bite, why not.

    Quote Originally Posted by robthom View Post
    Well, I dont really care for British peopel or anybody else's opinions about Americas leadership.
    And if you say, but Americas the leader of the free world and so that makes it my business.
    Thats what makes it even more none of your business.
    Becasue if you knew better then we do then you'd be leader of teh free world.
    I've read through this a few times and I'm still not following your logic entirely, but the best interpretation I can piece together is "If you liberals knew more about how to run things than Trump, you'd be the ones at the top". Well, unfortunately that's not how elections work. That's probably how they should work, but elections are ultimately about who can best sell themselves to the most strategically significant subset of the population. Which is what happened in 2016. It was never actually a demonstration of any superior skill in governance, and Trump's been making that quite clear for two years now.

    EDIT: Seeing the posts that preceded mine, I can see my interpretation was wrong. But yeah, Pyrian's initial response to that is basically all you need.

    Quote Originally Posted by robthom View Post
    Trump is the best thing to happen to this country in my lifetime.
    The rest of the world wouldn't know it, becasue all you know is what you read in new york liberal fake news.
    Can you point to, say, three of the articles that us liberals have linked in this thread in the past month and show us why they're fake? I've been going under the impression that at least the majority of the articles brought forward here have had to do with things that were relevant and real. If you have evidence to the contrary, please do present it. Otherwise I'd have no choice but to conclude you're full of shit on this.

    Quote Originally Posted by robthom View Post
    But its been new york liberal fake news who have been instigating all the violence on American soil and around the world for 50 years.
    Really? I mean, there's been a LOT of violence in the last 50 years, so that's a pretty hefty charge.

    So it's the liberal fake news that ordered the guy in Charlottesville to murder that innocent woman with his car, was it? And it was they who set Cesar Sayoc up with those improvised bombs, in an attempt to murder Trump's most prominent critics? And they facilitated Timothy McVeigh's obliteration of downtown Oklahoma City in '95? And they're responsible for 9/11, and the subsequent shitpile in the Middle East?

    I can't wait to see you back up THAT claim. That'll blow the lid off this whole thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by robthom View Post
    And that may have been one of Trumps greatest attributes, being a new yorker.
    He knows those peopel well. He's known them all his life, knows their dirty tricks and doesn't fall for them.
    If anything, Trump has demonstrated that he's more vulnerable to falling for people's dirty tricks than any president in recent memory. From his own staff removing papers from his desk to keep him from signing them, to being taken for a ride by North Korea and made to look like an utter doughface (which he is, let's be honest), it seems the only thing Trump can resist is a rational argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by robthom View Post
    Trump has saved this country and maybe the world.
    If it weren't for Trump at the right place at the right time to DEFY a political system that had been rigged,
    between liberals who run the media and a false conservative leadership in conspiracy with them,
    it probably would have been all over and too late to save this country.

    A truly fascist state of liberal extortionists and slumlords,
    instigating violence from a slumlords enclave and oppressing and fleecing people who work for a living under the ruse of "socialism".
    May I ask what drugs your doctor has you on? Or have you been taking the drug called Infowars.com? Because this does smell strongly of Alex Jones's farts. Vividly asserted, but ultimately false.

    Quote Originally Posted by robthom View Post
    Before Trump there was no functional system.
    There was no true political opposition to them with a republican leadership in conspiracy with them.
    Who the liberals had installed themselves through control over media/propaganda,
    and through that control over public perception/politics.
    Wrapping yourself up in a comfortable blanket of conspiracy nuttery is insulating you too much from reality. If there's one thing Trump has managed to do, it's create a lot of critically damaged conspiracist political thinking. Not something to be proud of.

    The most painful irony of this is that you might never see how immersed you are in your own preferred brand of propaganda. The phrase "post-truth politics" is a perfect fit for the imaginary dystopian landscapes you've just painted for us. I can't identify a single recognizable thread of logic connecting your picture of the world to the actual one we live in. Your critical thinking skills have atrophied to the point of vestigiality.

    Eventually one reaches a point where they accept so many false ideas about the world, and produce so many broken solutions from those broken ideas, that they become indistinguishable from a genuinely crazy person. You're not there quite yet, but you're on your way for sure.

    Make no mistake, though, reality always eventually comes back around, and for those with no means to deal with reality, it's going to hurt when it gets there.
    Last edited by Trance; 6th Dec 2018 at 00:11.

  4. #9529
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    They kicked off the fiscal and foreign policy attitudes that are now standard among Republicans, but the tendency towards hyperpartisanship didn't start building until after 2001, and the creepy rhetoric didn't really kick into gear until Trump started running for the presidency.
    Um.. then what was Newt Gingrich and his ilk all about?

  5. #9530
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Location: Canuckistan GWN
    I thought that robthom was just doing an extended bit of satire.

  6. #9531
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2003
    Location: Location, Location

  7. #9532
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Location: Canuckistan GWN
    You mean we got antipode?

  8. #9533
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    2020, you guys are getting Hillary, but if somehow Tulsi manages to get the nomination then she will get my vote.

  9. #9534
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Location: Canuckistan GWN
    If Hillary is elected, wouldn't she be president for everyone or is there something about the American system of government I am still missing?

  10. #9535
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    Obama was my president, few people do say "not my president blah blah blah" as of that made things better, oh and she will never be president.

  11. #9536
    Moderator
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: NeoTokyo
    It's easy to say "not my president" for Trump because he's not actually serving as president. It seems he's just using the office as his personal business venture and ego-trip. That's at the root of the emoluments clause litigation against him, and if he's convicted then I think it's the fair conclusion to make.

  12. #9537
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    He does pass some bills on occasion, and he did sit in the front row with our past presidents during H.W Bush's funeral. He matches the nominal definition thereof.

  13. #9538
    Member
    Registered: May 2004

  14. #9539
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2002
    Location: In the flesh.
    I liked how someone said he was the only one not to say the Apostles Creed because he liked Rocky 4 better than the one with Apostles Creed in it.



    I think it was because if he had been in WWII he would not have been shot down. He likes those who didn't get shot down.

  15. #9540
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2005
    Location: Not Kansas
    Lawyer for undocumented Trump Organization workers seeks investigation

    'The lawyer representing two undocumented immigrants working at one of President Trump’s golf resorts is asking New Jersey officials to investigate their treatment.

    Victorina Morales, an immigrant from Guatemala, and Sandra Diaz, a native of Costa Rica, told the New York Times that they both worked for years at the Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, N.J., along with several other undocumented immigrants, and that their supervisors knew their employment violated U.S. law.
    '

    'A spokesperson for the Trump Organization did not address the allegations of mistreatment but said the golf club had a policy of not hiring undocumented immigrants.

    “We have tens of thousands of employees across our properties and have very strict hiring practices. If any employee submitted false documentation in an attempt to circumvent the law, they will be terminated immediately.”
    '

    Yeah, I'm sure it's all the fault of those darned undocumented workers, right? *smh*

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/lawyer-un...212639081.html

  16. #9541
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Location: Canuckistan GWN
    Laws are for peasants, not lords.

  17. #9542
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Um.. then what was Newt Gingrich and his ilk all about?
    Gingrich was a sign of things to come, the first inklings of a changing coming. Though even his hectic heyday in the late 90's doesn't compare to what we're experiencing now.

  18. #9543
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2004
    I dunno, Renz. Seems like a mostly straight line to me, an unsteadily increasing nuttery that was certainly underway in the Reagan era.

  19. #9544
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2001
    Location: uk
    Quote Originally Posted by robthom View Post
    Incoherent nonsense
    So you're saying that Trump is great because he annoys a lot of people you don't like?

    In 50 years time all that'll be remembered about him is that he was a shouty orange lunatic who believed that what people who use twitter thought about him was important. Possibly not even that.

  20. #9545
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Location: Canuckistan GWN
    Quote Originally Posted by caffeinatedzombeh View Post
    So you're saying that Trump is great because he annoys a lot of people you don't like?
    The elephant is out as the Republican mascot, replaced by the Troll.

  21. #9546
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Location: Canuckistan GWN
    Oh Fuck! He's at it again. Not satisfied with causing the multi-generational destruction of America's diplomatic corps, Trump has a new appointment as Ambassador to the UN.

    The eminently unqualified FOX host, Heather Nauert.


  22. #9547
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    I liked how someone said he was the only one not to say the Apostles Creed because he liked Rocky 4 better than the one with Apostles Creed in it.



    I think it was because if he had been in WWII he would not have been shot down. He likes those who didn't get shot down.
    damn, guy can't even attend a funeral w/o catching shit for it,

  23. #9548
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2002
    Location: In the flesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    damn, guy can't even attend a funeral w/o catching shit for it,
    He was the only one besides his wife who didn't say it. Do you really expect slack when evangelicals praise him for bringing Christ back to the white house? They fucking accused Obama of being Muslim on NO evidence and you expect slack? SERIOUSLY? If the guy had a shred of decency he would have recited it LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE IN THE ROOM. But no. He is special. He gets to down others on no grounds but he gets a pass right? You get the slack that you give. I'm just really surprised you can't figure that out.

  24. #9549
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2016
    Location: Trollinus Maximus
    so you are just like the republicans who accused Obama of not being Christian enough? got it.
    I find it funny that no matter what the man does the left makes a scene out of it. if the guy farted the left would go out of their way to say his methane is the reason for global warming..........

  25. #9550
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2003
    Location: Location, Location
    I'm sure the real reason he didn't do it is because he didn't want to be seen acting in unity with all those Democrats. I'll bet his supporters loved it.

Page 382 of 383 FirstFirst ... 132282332337342347352357362367372377378379380381382383 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •