TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: A weapon fit for Cassandra?

A weapon fit for Cassandra?

...Say hello to my little friend!

A 'smart' handgun - with NO moving parts...

And for tougher stains - 1 Million rounds/minute.

http://www.metalstorm-ltd.com/

---

]IMB0[0P

"The more they re-think the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the pipe!"

It's got to look sexier before we'd even consider using it.

Fascinating technology, though. The VLE pistol video in particular. I have to admit, the ability to put multiple rounds through the same aim point before the gun starts to recoil is pretty spectacular. The comparisons with the Lawgiver from Judge Dredd are fascinating, too, and apt. Though the claims of "no moving parts - no maintenance" are total bollocks. Electronics are fragile. I wouldn't like to drop one and see if it still works.

You may see a Cassandra Project modified version in future episodes.
    [!] - Weapons & Science Officer

Originally posted by Lord Thrawn of Thrawn:
    It's got to look sexier before we'd even consider using it...
    Did you see the sniper rifle in the press pack? The one that works underwater?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - Gave me wood?

---

]IMB0[0P

"Sexy? What's wrong with being sexy?"
    "Sex-IST!"

Those things scare the shit out of me. 1,000,000 rounds a minute? Isn't that somewhat excessive?

The fact these weapons aren't actually being used by anyody suggests one of two things:

1, the sites a fake

or

2, their so unreliable and expensive compared to traditional models it's not worth it to use them

In fact I can see a flaw in the VLE handgun. The standard civilian (HA!) model has a twin barrel design that holds 12 rounds. I assume six in each as a barrel isn't long enough to hold many more.

This means that compared to a glock, the worlds most reliable handgun, with it's 20 round clip, low manufacture cost, ability to fire underwater and low recoil it's not exactly a good competitor.

Plus having to change the barrel instead of a clip will be slightly more fiddily and more likely the barrel's cost more to make.

Give me a Glock anyday (although a Mac-11 is preferable).

For those british members amongst us (like myself) you can buy deactivated firearms ina great many places inthe UK and you do not need any kind of permit to do so (but you are not allowed to carry them in public in an accessable manner ie under your jacket). I know somebody with a deactivated M16A2 with under barrel M203 grenade launcher and I personnally have my eye on a nice Mac-10 in a store in manchester for 160 bucks

My housemate happens to have a matte black Desert Eagle as well as a hefty collection of air rifles/pistols. My other housemate is a crack shot with a bow, while the fourth and final member of my house is a member of the TA Para's. This is one of the most heavily armed houses in Leeds

I bet you lot really know how to frighten trick-or-treaters too.

My uncle is in the Sealed Knot, an English Civil War re-enactment society. He is huge and fearsome-looking with a scary beard.

He likes to answer the door on Halloween holding a replica battleaxe.
    I'm totally addicted to bass.

Originally posted by SchizoSlayer:
    My housemate happens to have a matte black Desert Eagle as well as a hefty collection of air rifles/pistols. My other housemate is a crack shot with a bow, while the fourth and final member of my house is a member of the TA Para's. This is one of the most heavily armed houses in Leeds
    My house has ME. 'Nuff said.

---

]IMB0[0P

"We came to wreck everything and ruin your life. God sent us."

Aw thats so cute Jimbo, *Ruffles Hair*

Ere gerrof my leg...

ARGH! Help Help! It's Rabid! AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

*Bang*

Right thats sorted him out

*Throws Glock into the river*

*Splash*

'Tis but a flesh wound!

---

]IMB0[0P

"B*stards always have brothers."

You people terrify me.

Jimbocop: pimping metal storm in no less than three different forums.

Personally, my personal preference is any weapon with a good silencer...but then I'm a paranoid git from the Taffer's School of gaming. Ahhh...H&K...SD...*quivers* Yes my pretties...the slightest breeze shall mask the sound of your actions...

courtesy of Mac Hall.

-Hotfoot
    "Terrified? But we're only getting started."

[ October 11, 2001: Message edited by: Hotfoot ]

Originally posted by Hotfoot:
    Jimbocop: pimping metal storm in no less than three different forums.
    I on commission. I get three anti-aircraft batteries and all the Kangaroo biltong I can eat for doing this!

---

]IMB0[0P

"What can I say? I'm a blast from the past!"

You. People. Terrify. Me.